GDT: Game 78: Coyotes @ Kings - 7PM - FSAZ+

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I wasn't a huge fan of the effort in that game, tbh. More of the same from the 3rd period in Vegas... a lot of getting the puck and just dumping it out. Not making passes to team mates and letting the Kings have it back easily. Felt like the Yotes made it harder on themselves, to me. I do understand the whole being tired thing at the end of a long road trip, but it doesn't mean the team can't make good passes. Also, looked like the team really dialed back the forecheck in comparison to when we are fresh and that showed in the results. Again, I get it cause of the tiredness and it could have been a system/coaching thing to try and hold on to the game... but this team is way better when they can hound the puck. They looked gassed by the end, haha. Hate losing to LA but at least the Yotes made them work for it.

Hopefully some rest today and being home will allow them to bring a good energy effort on Saturday! Looking forward to seeing it.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I wasn't a huge fan of the effort in that game, tbh. More of the same from the 3rd period in Vegas... a lot of getting the puck and just dumping it out. Not making passes to team mates and letting the Kings have it back easily. Felt like the Yotes made it harder on themselves, to me. I do understand the whole being tired thing at the end of a long road trip, but it doesn't mean the team can't make good passes. Also, looked like the team really dialed back the forecheck in comparison to when we are fresh and that showed in the results. Again, I get it cause of the tiredness and it could have been a system/coaching thing to try and hold on to the game... but this team is way better when they can hound the puck. They looked gassed by the end, haha. Hate losing to LA but at least the Yotes made them work for it.

Hopefully some rest today and being home will allow them to bring a good energy effort on Saturday! Looking forward to seeing it.

BTB against a rested team is something the schedulers really should avoid.

It's mean. The outcome is sadly predictable.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Speaking of, how did Strome look?

Interesting question, given he had his face torn up by a high stick on, like, the second puck-drop without the refs noticing.

Ok, that was not what you were asking.

I think he looks like he will be an important player next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad