Post-Game Talk: Game 78 - B's get out of South Philly with a point - Flyers 4 BRUINS 3 F/OT

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
There is seriously already a 15 page thread over that? That is pathetically pathetic.

What’s even worse is a certain poster who specializes in trashing the Bruins also calls this forum an “echo chamber”

:laugh:

Yes indeed, everyone on this board are always in agreement 100% of the time

Justa buncha clone sycophants

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I thought in the GDT that people were just kidding when they said "here comes the marchand main board thread", people really want him to be suspended for the rest of the regular season for that...

I see people take sticks to the face all the time in scrums and in those kind of retaliation type situations and I've never seen a 15 page thread about it lol

thats wild

That’s why they added you as a mod @Emerz. Have fun!

Reactions: Fenway

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
No quit in this team. Rest the vets the rest of the games, a healthy Bruins team is the best in the East. I hate loser point so but for a game I was sure was going to be a L I’m okay with the result. Now Tampa can win and we are still in first.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Time to rest some players. Marchand looks like he needs a couple games off. No point in trying to burn guys out to try to get 1st place.

1st vs 2nd makes a huge difference this year.

I want them to get that #1 title before the final game where they ice an AHL level team.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
No quit in this team. Rest the vets the rest of the games, a healthy Bruins team is the best in the East. I hate loser point so but for a game I was sure was going to be a L I’m okay with the result. Now Tampa can win and we are still in first.
They still have to accumulate points to finish 1st

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
As a Leaf fan, I’m telling you that you guys match up just as well with Toronto as with NJ. The worst thing you can do is exhaust your players and risk injury (we just lost one of our D-men in a meaningless game last night). Our fan base is split between playing you guys or Tampa, as you guys are just as elite, and peaking at the right time.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
****ing dvr the ****ing game to watch later and I get this ****ing new bull**** Google sports update on my phone showing the final score that I never ****ing opted in for ever at all because I guess Google must track that I'm a Bruins fan and think they are doing me a ****ing favor. *******s.

Happy Easter everyone!

LOL! :laugh:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
"Magic numbers" in hockey are usually given in points. Any combination of points earned by the B's and points not earned by the Lightning that gets to 7 is a clinch.

I guess it's different in these parts . I have always heard it in terms of wins or opponents loses.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins claw out a point in overtime loss to Flyers - The Boston Globe

PHILADELPHIA — With 1:21 remaining in overtime, Claude Giroux lifted a backhander over Anton Khudobin to give the Flyers a 4-3 win. The Bruins, however, clawed out a point by scoring with 3.8 seconds remaining in regulation.

Best player: Travis Konecny. Scored a highlight goal in the second period. Could have had another later in the second, but the No. 1 right wing deferred to Claude Giroux instead of accepting a breakaway chance. Konecny played with speed, skill, and jam.

Worst player: Tommy Wingels. Benched for the third period. Not very noticeable in the first two periods as the No. 4 right wing.

Game-changing moment: The Bruins should have gone without a point. But with 3.8 seconds remaining in regulation, Patrice Bergeron whistled the puck through Petr Mrazek to tie the game at 3-3. The Bruins were dogged on the puck before the goal.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
As a Leaf fan, I’m telling you that you guys match up just as well with Toronto as with NJ. The worst thing you can do is exhaust your players and risk injury (we just lost one of our D-men in a meaningless game last night). Our fan base is split between playing you guys or Tampa, as you guys are just as elite, and peaking at the right time.

for me it has little to do with toronto - it's more about getting home ice for 3 rounds. in a lengthy series with tampa
or pittsburgh or whoever, i want the home ice hammer in game 7. would be nice to rest everyone and let the chips
fall where they may, but that's just not a realistic option. guys rest a game, maybe 2. not 4 or 5.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

I should have posted this earlier, but my wife texted her brother who was over their mother’s house for Easter and told him they tied the game.

Then she texted him and told him they lost.

He was dvring the game too

Keep in mind my wife pretty much never follows the games other than “how are they doing?” and never discusses hockey with her brother :laugh:

Reactions: pgm16

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I should have posted this earlier, but my wife texted her brother who was over their mother’s house for Easter and told him they tied the game.

Then she texted him and told him they lost.

He was dvring the game too

Keep in mind my wife pretty much never follows the games other than “how are they doing?” and never discusses hockey with her brother :laugh:

That's priceless

Reactions: Chief Nine

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
After Tuesday’s game the Bruins can do both , rest certain individuals and still win the Atlantic. Two games against Florida ( who are just about done ) and one against Ottawa .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad