Post-Game Talk: Game 78 - B's get out of South Philly with a point - Flyers 4 BRUINS 3 F/OT

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Golf is amazing.

This tournament is nothing great but the Masters is next week and it should be non stop action.
I meant from a more immediate standpoint (watching golf two minutes after a hockey game ends).

But admittedly I've never really been into golf. The rest of the family loved it, I usually just tagged along so I could drive the golf cart :laugh:

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Every team are gonna have off days and the B's were always gonna have a few considering their schedule over these final few weeks. The fact they were able to fight like they did for a point shows huge character and is the sign of a great team. The effort was epitomised by McQuaid's diving goal save in the 2nd. This team are fighters and I can't wait to see how they fair in the playoffs. Roll on Tampa on Tuesday.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Too many men on the ice for Flyers...guy jumps off bench so Bergy has to avoid him and then Rat gets held up by the 4th guy...

These guys jumping off the bench in situations like this are happening way too often...

Having said that, not a good turnover by Bergy and lack awareness by Marchy in not playing back more..

Will take the point...

Giroux jumped on early in the OT, and FLA was doing it all game yesterday. Refs need to start cracking down it.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
So,

Second game of back to back afternoon games, Z first game back, but still missing McAvoy, Carlo, Rick Nash, Riley Nash. In addition, lousy officiating...Krug high sticked on the Patrick goal with no call, Too many men and Donato elbowed in head with no call. Doby less than stellar, and down 3-1 in the third and the team comes back to get a point.

Sat down to eat right when Patrick scored and when I finished they had lost in OT.

No quit in this team.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Instead of a Flyer's goal in OT it should've been a PP for the B's.

...oh well, on to the next game.

Refs and linesmen are incompetent.

Donato got an elbow.
Backes got a stick (although he was kinda low)

And I know at least two other too many men calls were missed since Pierre commented on them.

Reactions: Zillah and Bun cook

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Flyers have a creative way of dealing with hats thrown on the ice

upload_2018-4-1_16-14-59.png

Reactions: Pay Carl

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I thought in the GDT that people were just kidding when they said "here comes the marchand main board thread", people really want him to be suspended for the rest of the regular season for that...

I see people take sticks to the face all the time in scrums and in those kind of retaliation type situations and I've never seen a 15 page thread about it lol

thats wild

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
The only time the too many men was called in ot was that game we lost to the rangers. Only time ive seen it called.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
felt good to get a point

that was perhaps the most improbable goal I've ever seen

I hate back to backs

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
It’s 7

ROW is the 1st tiebreaker

If Tampa Finishes 4-0..4 ROWs

And

Boston finishes 3-1-0...3 ROWs

Both teams will have 116 Points

Tampa would win division on ROW tiebreaker

I thought the first tiebreaker was head-to-head?

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
I thought in the GDT that people were just kidding when they said "here comes the marchand main board thread", people really want him to be suspended for the rest of the regular season for that...

I see people take sticks to the face all the time in scrums and in those kind of retaliation type situations and I've never seen a 15 page thread about it lol

thats wild

There is seriously already a 15 page thread over that? That is pathetically pathetic.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
So,

Second game of back to back afternoon games, Z first game back, but still missing McAvoy, Carlo, Rick Nash, Riley Nash. In addition, lousy officiating...Krug high sticked on the Patrick goal with no call, Too many men and Donato elbowed in head with no call. Doby less than stellar, and down 3-1 in the third and the team comes back to get a point.

Sat down to eat right when Patrick scored and when I finished they had lost in OT.

No quit in this team.

Well said sir

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad