GDT: game 78: Battle of lotto teams Vancouver v Edmonton 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I can just see Woodcroft standing behind the bench with an (even more than normal) confused face.

“I can hear Todd, but I can’t see him. Therefore, does he exist?”
upload_2018-3-29_12-4-32.png

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Gaud vs Jesus. The battle of the all mighty? Who wins this one?

Looking forward to it. Should be a gooder

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I wonder if we might see a bit of a down game from McDavid tonight. He’s been chasing the art Ross for weeks. Has pulled ahead considerably, and hit two milestones last game with 40 games and 100+ points.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I wonder if we might see a bit of a down game from McDavid tonight. He’s been chasing the art Ross for weeks. Has pulled ahead considerably, and hit two milestones last game with 40 games and 100+ points.
Or does he continue to turn the jets on to claim the Rocket Richard too?! :O

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

100+ points and 40 games? He deserves a night off.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Can you imagine the media trying to justify not giving him the Hart if he somehow managed to win the Rocket and the Art Ross.

me being my usually asshole here

I am one of those guys who could not justify a NON play off team player getting the Hart trophy

we have been out of the playoff race since early december

the only thing we can say is after ten years of rebuilding we are a one player team

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
me being my usually ******* here

I am one of those guys who could not justify a NON play off team player getting the Hart trophy

we have been out of the playoff race since early december

the only thing we can say is after ten years of rebuilding we are a one player team

Where in the trophy description is playoffs or overall team quality mentioned? Did Lemeiux not deserve it when he won?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Where in the trophy description is playoffs or overall team quality mentioned? Did Lemeiux not deserve it when he won?

considering how bad as a team we have been and for how long we have been out of the playoff hunt--this is one trophy that goes to a player--whos team would not have made the playoffs without him

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
considering how bad as a team we have been and for how long we have been out of the playoff hunt--this is one trophy that goes to a player--whos team would not have made the playoffs without him

Hart Memorial Trophy | NHL.com - News

"The Hart Memorial Trophy is an annual award given to the player judged to be the most valuable to his team. The winner is selected in a poll of the Professional Hockey Writers' Association in all NHL cities at the end of the regular season."

Nothing in there about playoffs. Or even about being a good team. It's how much better is the team because of the player. And without McDavid, this is possibly the worst team the NHL has seen in 30 years.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
You know what really sucks? If Van gets Dahlin - and even if they don't - they're almost better positioned than we are for success. They have much better prospects, and that's how poor the management on this team has been.

Reactions: Blue line Howie

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
You know what really sucks? If Van gets Dahlin - and even if they don't - they're almost better positioned than we are for success. They have much better prospects, and that's how poor the management on this team has been.

Van fwds: Petterson, Boeser, Horvat --- would take Drai + McDavid everyday of the week and twice on Sundays, plus we have JP, Yamamoto etc. Virtanen is the only other real promising forward prospect they MIGHT have. Other than that... nothing.

Van D: Stecher is pretty solid, although I haven't seen much of this year, Hutton is okay, Tanev will probably be past his prime by the time they are ready to compete in a few years..... Nurse, Bear, Larsson and Klefbom are a more solid top 4 than Vancouver will have unless Jolevi's development speeds up or they draft Dahlin.

Goaltending: Thatcher Demko is definitely impressive, and they are better set goaltending wise for the future, but this is also probably the hardest position to predict.

Overall, I think we look better everywhere but in the net. We have the best player in the world who is about to win his second consecutive Art Ross and will be the best player in this league for the next ten years. Pretty hard to beat that.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

No. Keep going. I want him to hit 110 haha

Reactions: Aerrol

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Would love to see McDavid pot 5 and suddenly be in the mix for the rocket. I think this will be a low scoring game. Then again all of my predictions have been wrong lately so who knows!

I want the Oilers to win every game left in the season. If it gives us 1% less chance of winning the draft I could care less. Boys need to bring some pride into next season and find their working legs right off the bat and I think finishing this season strong will go a ways to helping that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad