GDT: Game 77: Vegas Golden Knights @ Colorado Avalanche | 7:00PM | (Insert Witty Title here)

(Insert Question Here)

• (Insert serious answer 1 here)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (Insert serious answer 2 here)

• (Insert somewhat serious answer here)

• Total voters

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I think the temporary time off is over, have a feeling they put everything together for a solid effort on Friday and allow the miserable posters here the chance to relax at last. Next guys due to get some time off are less important to team success like Engelland and McNabb. Only thing I wonder is will Fleury come back Friday or do they hold him off for Monday.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I think the temporary time off is over, have a feeling they put everything together for a solid effort on Friday and allow the miserable posters here the chance to relax at last. Next guys due to get some time off are less important to team success like Engelland and McNabb. Only thing I wonder is will Fleury come back Friday or do they hold him off for Monday.
I'd like to see them hold him for Saturday, play him at SJS.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I'd like to see them hold him for Saturday, play him at SJS.

I kind of doubt he plays on the road rest of the way, but maybe he insists he wants to be tested. I think Friday makes sense and then he skips the road trip and plays the two final home games and again skips going to LA.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
We have sucked without Pacioretty.

This is true, but I also think this would have happened even if he was playing. The team has shown that it could play well without him before (and this was when Stone wasn’t on the team yet).

Also normally when a guy gets injured, the mentality of the team should be to play hard to overcome the disadvantage of having him out of the lineup. Yet we’ve seen a lot of complacency anyway.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Gee yeah I really hope they do. I don't know if I can handle another loss without drowning in my own tears. I've been listening to Joy Division and haven't left the house because I'm too busy writing nihilistic poetry about the futility of hope. So I guess you could say I really need the Knights to win again before I start ordering a year's supply of eyeliner and goth clothes.

Reactions: MordredGK

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Engo takes too much heat. It's not his fault he's playing more than 18 minutes, which seems way more than should be asked of him.

I'll always defend Engo and McNabb because they're really just 3rd pairing guys that are supposed to bring physicality and kill penalties. They tend to play over their heads and help (babysit) the offensive Dmen they're paired with.

As for the rest of the D, they're simply not mobile enough and stepping up to close the gaps to force turnovers. It's almost entirely up to the forwards to steal pucks in the neutral zone and generate speed to force their way through defenders. This can be a bit of a problem with a top-heavy offense.

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I really do believe that Mcphee needs to look into acquiring another backup this offseason (probably won't happen due to how much cap space we are going to have) or maybe one of our other goalies can step up in the backup role.

I just don't see any improvement going on with Subban.

He sucked in Boston and beside last season, he has sucked here as well.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I really do believe that Mcphee needs to look into acquiring another backup this offseason (probably won't happen due to how much cap space we are going to have) or maybe one of our other goalies can step up in the backup role.

I just don't see any improvement going on with Subban.

He sucked in Boston and beside last season, he has sucked here as well.
I would have disagreed until the last few games.

He had some good to great games earlier this season that wound up as losses due to the whole goalscoring issue we had going on for a few of those games. However, he's kind of looked out of sorts in this past little while. That shot from the blueline that just shouldn't have gone in versus St. Louis and then not even seeing the goal last night. These are things that shouldn't happen super often, and it seems like they do. His tendency lately to settle into the game after letting a weak goal or two in was somewhat excused by his lack of playing, but he's on a regular-type thing now and it's still happening.

I think he's fine for what he is and what we need him for now, and I don't know that we need anyone else next season if we can re-sign him for a year, but I think I've seen enough to not be the Subban fan I've been all this season and last.

I used to be a Subban buyer.
I'm now a Subban holder edging on Subban seller.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I would have disagreed until the last few games.

He had some good to great games earlier this season that wound up as losses due to the whole goalscoring issue we had going on for a few of those games. However, he's kind of looked out of sorts in this past little while. That shot from the blueline that just shouldn't have gone in versus St. Louis and then not even seeing the goal last night. These are things that shouldn't happen super often, and it seems like they do. His tendency lately to settle into the game after letting a weak goal or two in was somewhat excused by his lack of playing, but he's on a regular-type thing now and it's still happening.

I think he's fine for what he is and what we need him for now, and I don't know that we need anyone else next season if we can re-sign him for a year, but I think I've seen enough to not be the Subban fan I've been all this season and last.

I used to be a Subban buyer.
I'm now a Subban holder edging on Subban seller.

I just think we need a quality backup to give Fleury rest.

I don't think Gallant really even trusts Subban. If he did, Subban would have gotten more starts this year. In fact, Subban was the only goalie to receive criticism by Gallant this year even though Fleury himself has let in some weak goals throughout the year. Correct me if i am wrong about this though.

Once again, in all his starts since Fleury has been out, he has given up 3+ goals in pretty much all of them besides one.

It was pretty excusable since they were winning most of those games, but now they are losing.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I just think we need a quality backup to give Fleury rest.

I don't think Gallant really even trusts Subban. If he did, Subban would have gotten more starts this year. In fact, Subban was the only goalie to receive criticism by Gallant this year even though Fleury himself has let in some weak goals throughout the year. Correct me if i am wrong about this though.

Once again, in all his starts since Fleury has been out, he has given up 3+ goals in pretty much all of them besides one.

It was pretty excusable since they were winning most of those games, but now they are losing.
I still think he's fine for a spot start to give Fleury rest. If we've got a team that can throw 3-plus goals up every game, he's likely fine to win more than half his games, which is really what you need a backup to do for the most part. He keeps his GAA below 3 (I think he's over 3.00 now,) and we hope they can throw more than 3 goals up on the board.

It's important to remember that Gallant doesn't pick which goalie starts, that's Prior and McPhee. At least it was last season, I don't think it's changed. You are correct that Gallant has critiqued him at least once this season, though. Which is somewhat unusual from GG.

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I wouldn’t mind Sarros from Nashville, but I’m not what they’d want for him, and can’t see Malcolm moving the needle that much.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I wouldn’t mind Sarros from Nashville, but I’m not what they’d want for him, and can’t see Malcolm moving the needle that much.
Saros is their future, Rinne is like 37 and is likely to switch spots with Saros once he starts slipping. If Rinne pulls a Rinne and is not great in the early playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised to see Saros get playoff starts.

They're not dumping Saros for much, especially since he's fairly cheap for the next three years.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
How is Dansk doing?

After a rough 1st half, he got better. Lagace had better numbers, which is why he's been recalled the past few times.

But Dansk is putting it together right now. He's keeping Chicago in 1st place in the Central. I just don't see Lagace as an NHL backup. However, I have some confidence in DDR.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
After a rough 1st half, he got better. Lagace had better numbers, which is why he's been recalled the past few times.

But Dansk is putting it together right now. He's keeping Chicago in 1st place in the Central.

Maybe try calling Dansk up next season and giving him a couple of games.

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Saros is their future, Rinne is like 37 and is likely to switch spots with Saros once he starts slipping. If Rinne pulls a Rinne and is not great in the early playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised to see Saros get playoff starts.

They're not dumping Saros for much, especially since he's fairly cheap for the next three years.
We got this GMGM can call Nashville. “Hey remember Erat for Forsberg? We’re calling in that favor. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->