GDT: Game 77: Coyotes @ Stars - 5:30 - Howl

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Tippett line changing has always been infuriating. It takes more than 3 games for a line to build chemistry

There should absolutely be no reason those three are separated. Ever. No clue why Tippet separates them. They create magic when they're on the ice together.

Putting Martinook - Richardson - Doan back together also seemed to get them going. Martinook had more chances this game than the past month.

You know, it is a team sport. ALL coaches shuffle their lines for various reasons. You will not find one line on any team play together for the entire season. You can not win with one line.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
You know, it is a team sport. ALL coaches shuffle their lines for various reasons.
True. Speaking for just myself though, I wish we'd seen 16-11-10 iced together 5v5 more often than we did this season. Then again, I think they got plenty of PP time together and that wasn't always magic. (OEL is the PP catalyst.)

You can not win with one line.
I don't think anyone suggested that. In fact, someone mentioned 19-12-48 as well.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
True. Speaking for just myself though, I wish we'd seen 16-11-10 iced together 5v5 more often than we did this season. Then again, I think they got plenty of PP time together and that wasn't always magic. (OEL is the PP catalyst.)

Correct

I don't think anyone suggested that. In fact, someone mentioned 19-12-48 as well.
You can't win with two lines either.:)

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
And the Yotes won 34 games this season with two li... with pieces that, depending on how you match them up, form two lines, give or take one subjectively. And some kind of goalie rollercoaster.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
And the Yotes won 34 games this season with two li... with pieces that, depending on how you match them up, form two lines, give or take one subjectively. And some kind of goalie rollercoaster.

And where are we in the standings?:)

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
Better than I would have thought.
Domi, Duke, Healthy Hanzal, Reider, Nook, Oliver, and Domingue in place of psyched-out Smith (oh heyyyyy Lindback, didn't see you there :/ )... 20/20 hindsight, I can see how we've wound up in a 'better' spot than most of us thought we'd be.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Yeah, as opposed of having two good lines, let's throw **** at the wall and have three bad ones instead. And that's not including our typically worthless 4th. line.

The idea that having two good lines and two mediocre lines is worse than icing four mediocre lines is a bold new defense strategy from the apologists. Get ready to hear about how bad they are 5v5 next, even if it isn't true.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona

We're never going to agree on this.

Maybe this can help.

Two good lines > zero good lines

When the lines are where they are at, they actually look good. That goal was one of the prettiest tic tac toe goals I've seen in a while. Not just from our team, but the entire league.

They have chemistry. It shows. Its shown many nights they are together. Those players tend to disappear when they aren't together. When those players get split, we have zero good lines.

Its not when we have 16-11-10 and 48-12-19 that our other lines struggle. Those other two lines struggle regardless of who is on those lines. 40-50-10 looked okay for one or two games then disappeared. I just don't see the point in mixing the lines and having four crappy lines, when you can have two decent lines and two crappy lines. We should try to limit the crappy combinations, not make more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad