Post-Game Talk: GAME #76: Canucks 0 vs. Blue Jackets 5 | Weekend B2B with season on the line = outscored 8 - 1

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
idwBnCJ.jpg

Last edited:

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Canucks need a Tkachuk on their team. Matthew is unavailable. Trade the first to acquire Brady (unless if its first or second). Bo needs some god damn real wingers.

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
Speaking of draft-eligible forwards...

Kaapo Kakko scored two goals, three points yesterday in Game 2 of TPS' first-round playoff series. He had a bunch of other chances too, including a disallowed goal.

Highlight-reel chance:

Disallowed goal:

Goal #1:

Reactions: lindgren

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
So, are we statistically out of the playoff picture now? Dream is dead? Is what it is, guess now just gotta hope the kids keep the games close and keep producing while ultimately losing out the majority of this next stretch.
:dunno:

...is it bad I kinda want to ruin Columbus's playoff hope's too? No issue with us playing today as the spoilers. Mostly cause f*** Torts.
:p:

Reactions: FacepalmBenning

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Canucks needs to pick a top6 forward at the draft

Aside from the top 2, any of Krebs, Dach, Cozens or Turcotte would be huge. I like Turcotte personally.

Zegras and Boldy could be worth a look too.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
So, are we statistically out of the playoff picture now? Dream is dead?

It's not statistically over, but they never really had a chance anyway. Hilariously, even if Calgary had been a win the chances were pretty close to zero. Now, I think they have ~0.5% chance to still make it by the numbers.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011

Kakko is a man child.... very strong and smooth almost like Barkov....

Most like the Canucks will sit at the 8-9 or spot. 5-10 were not talking about big differences in the winning the lottery.

I hope they don’t drop down and get at minimum a top 10 guy. Maybe we finally get lucky and snag a top 3 pick.

I think kakko is a no brainer 1st pick and he would instantly change the outlook for the Canucks.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Torts aside... I've always had a soft spot for Columbus, they've had such a shitty go of it over the years. I say we let 'em win this one 'cause they took a gamble and went all in on a long shot. I like their moxie.

4-3 Jackets

Pettersson
Boeser
Leivo

Reactions: DarrenX

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Torts aside... I've always had a soft spot for Columbus, they've had such a ****ty go of it over the years. I say we let 'em win this one 'cause they took a gamble and went all in on a long shot. I like their moxie.

4-3 Jackets

Pettersson
Boeser
Leivo

You like their moxie ??

Imagine if that happened here...

Prime Demko
Prime Boeser

Both UFA and both have expressed they are going to test the market.

Instead of trading them we sell top picks and prospects and buy 2 more UFAs!

Lmao. This fanbase lost it when over the hill Vrbata and over the hill Hamhuis didnt get moved !

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
You like their moxie ??

Imagine if that happened here...

Prime Demko
Prime Boeser

Both UFA and both have expressed they are going to test the market.

Instead of trading them we sell top picks and prospects and buy 2 more UFAs!

Lmao. This fanbase lost it when over the hill Vrbata and over the hill Hamhuis didnt get moved !

Oh, I agree... but they are in a different position than we've been in recently. We suck. They have more than a few good pieces in place. Plus, they are more desperate to have some kind / any kind of success, after years and years of wallowing in mediocrity. Hell, they're still trying to sell hockey there. Vancouver, despite everything, is solidly a hockey market.

And who doesn't like a wild ass gamble, just so long as it's coming from another team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad