GDT: Game 75: Puppies @ Kittens - 4:00 PM - FS-A PLUS

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
Yotes tightened up at the start of the third like they just needed a tie to get a playoff spot. Who freaking cares if you win or lose, just keep running and gunning. Predictably, they lose.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Coyotes with 3 shots in the period and have allowed 37 in the last 2.
They started getting run out the building after that 4 on 4.

This missing Hjalmarsson/ Demers situation is gonna drown out a lot of the positives in the last 7 games. And whatever the heck is up with Raanta.

Unless Tampa decides to take a nap on Monday (which is possible) you can pretty much throw that game out the window.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
That was the worst third period I've seen in a while. The Mutts looked completely unmotivated, and Kuemper looked totally lost in the crease. This looked like a tank team.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Good game. They wanted it more. And I can understand that.

Didn't look for Murphy. Was he good?

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Coyotes with 3 shots in the period and have allowed 37 in the last 2.
They started getting run out the building after that 4 on 4.

This missing Hjalmarsson/ Demers situation is gonna drown out a lot of the positives in the last 7 games. And whatever the heck is up with Raanta.

Unless Tampa decides to take a nap on Monday (which is possible) you can pretty much throw that game out the window.

Hjalmarsson is hopefully back at some point. This probably shows just how much he is needed.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Keller had 2 points and the top line keeps going well.

But the middle six situation is getting worse. They just can't do anything offensively.

Reactions: Pomee

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
So Keller good. Strome didnt do anything good?

He was...there? A few chances off the rush but his line took two penalties and was just heavily sheltered in general.
Not much in the way of sustained pressure. I'd say he looked better than his prior call ups still but that's a low bar.

Same for the Domi/Dvorak/Fischer/Perlini situation.

Tocchet leaned heavily on the sticky line and the top line in the third. Probably too heavily. But the other lines weren't giving him much reason to hope they'd be able to keep the puck away from the Panthers. Not that the top line did much better in the third. 3 shots, everyone was bad. They only had ~8 attempts even in the third total.

EDIT: Oh and one more thing on Strome, they should have left Fischer on that line. Besides being a weird combo in general, Perlini - Strome - Archibald is a butter soft trio.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bandit34

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm not even sure if the Coyotes went into their shell, I think Florida were just that good. They completely dominated us in every single way in the third. They played like a desperate team fighting to the death for a playoff spot.
Yup. I really enjoyed this game. Florida is a damn good fast team and we gave them all they could handle. Strome played a real good game and could have easily had a point or two if Perlini could have put one home. I have been one of the most critical voices regarding Cousins, but you have to give the kid credit, as he has put together a very good year.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That was the worst third period I've seen in a while. The Mutts looked completely unmotivated, and Kuemper looked totally lost in the crease. This looked like a tank team.

I would give Florida credit more than blame the Yotes. Florida is a very good fast talented team and you could see them coming hard as the game went on.

Good game. They wanted it more. And I can understand that.

Didn't look for Murphy. Was he good?
I agree. Murphy did a good job. Nice pick up.

Not only did we lose, this was the first game in memory that gave me 2016-17 flashbacks. No push at all. Just dump it at the redline and try to hang on :/
Time to give the other team some credit. I really enjoyed this game and liked the way RT kept on rolling his lines. Although we lost, I thought we played pretty good.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I think they took us lightly at first, looking at our record. They started playing harder in the second period and took over the third. We hung in there, but they are much better.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
*shrug*, with Schenn KConn, and an NHL debutant on D, and the backup goalie...not great, but not worth losing sleep over....but... Would now be a good time to point out that of the 5 wins in the 5-5 last 10, 3 of them were over teams 29 and 31?

(Heh. That rather sounded like xx. What happened to that guy, anyway?)

Reactions: Yandover

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
Keller with 21 points in the last 20 games and Stepan 19 points in the last 20 games

I think Keller can reach 70-75 pts next season

Reactions: Antonche

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad