GDT: Game 75: Edmonton vs Coyotes - 7:00pm - BSAZX - NHL Schedulers Suck Edition

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Hayton is becoming one of my favorite players. He has kind of a boyish looking innocence, but
he's actually a bit of a jerk in a good way if you're a Coyotes fan. He doesn't look very big, but he stands
right in there and takes a beating in the crease and he doesn't shy away from physical play.
I don't remember the net-front thing being a part of his game before this season. When he was deep in the pointless streak, I think he decided to just go to the net til things started going in. They actually did start going pretty quickly but he still wasn't getting points. No tip-ins or rebounds at first, just nice screens. Now he's doing the same thing and with some confidence too and the points are rolling in.

It's so valuable to have a player willing to do that. I watch the occasional Jets game and they've got 12 forwards saying no-thanks to net front rebounds.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Man I’d hate to be in Mullett right now with those assholes. Biggest pieces of shit in the league
Why? Because they make more noise than the Coyote fans?

There were an awful lot of red sweaters in the audience for that - enough so that I glanced up to make sure I was watching a Sabres home game.

Toronto I get, but...there are that many Habs fans living in or willing to make the trip to Buffalo in a down year?
That's what fans do.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I don't know if it's too late to catch the Beniers hype but Maccelli should at least be making it a serious discussion at this point. I think team success will play a role although it really shouldn't.
It will be interesting. I think Beniers had it won since February. Wyatt Johnson is getting a lot of pub and has 21 goals. MacTavish came in with a lot of hype and like Maccelli is having a strong 2nd half (and nearly tied with Maccelli in points)

It would be an injustice but I wouldn’t be surprised if Maccelli finishes 4th.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
That was playoffs, they happen after most visitors are gone home. Unlikely they were ever and will ever be outnumbered when weather turns hot as people don't travel to AZ generally at that time. Its not comparable to Nov to March IMO. And definitely not comparable to Islanders as Phx is a travel destination during hockey season.
gotta agree. as an avid golfer I count the days until the end of April and FINALLY all the pale white skinned play golf twice a yr and shoot 120 clog up the golf course fill up the tee sheet and pick up my ball when I hit it near their fairway tired old golf jokes about being a lefty ( “i know your problem, you stand on the wrong side”) gee never heard that before five and 1/2 hour round freaking airport is a traffic nightmare snowbirds GO HOME!
Sorry for rant.
still annoyed by Edmonton fans

Reactions: Summer Rose

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Keller has basically doubled his best GAR (rookie year) under Tourigny to 12.1. Hayton went from a negative player to 11.5. Maccelli went from -4.6 his first year to now 7 GAR.

Valimaki went from nothing to 11.3 GAR

For reference, Chychrun's best season (19-20) was 10 flat.
ladies and gentleman, allow me to introduce NHL coach Andre Tourigny.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
ladies and gentleman, allow me to introduce NHL coach Andre Tourigny.
Well, he better straighten out Veggie if he hopes to win more games next season. No consistency. Makes lots of highlight saves and lets easy ones get in. I'm not sure I want to go forward with any one of the three I've seen this year.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Well, he better straighten out Veggie if he hopes to win more games next season. No consistency. Makes lots of highlight saves and lets easy ones get in. I'm not sure I want to go forward with any one of the three I've seen this year.
in my experience goalies are strange birds. if AT can crack that walnut I will be very impressed. my best wishes for success to him.

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
None of the three are going to help the team. Goaltending is a huge issue that needs to be addressed if making the playoffs is going to be a reality in the next five years.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Keller has basically doubled his best GAR (rookie year) under Tourigny to 12.1. Hayton went from a negative player to 11.5. Maccelli went from -4.6 his first year to now 7 GAR.

Valimaki went from nothing to 11.3 GAR

For reference, Chychrun's best season (19-20) was 10 flat.
Young players are getting better, as they should, not sure how much of this is the coach. Soda has not lived up to expectations so far, doubt that is the coaching. Its great to see young players improving no matter the reason.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Crouse - McBain - Maccelli is 23rd in GF/60 of lines that have played 150 mins or more, and has a nice 68.8% goal share (10th).

Suddenly this is a two line team. Cooley and Guenther ain't even here yet.

For D pairings, this is a fun one (Gf/60):
1. Ekholm - Bouchard
2. Dahlin - Power
3. Valimaki - Brown

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Fellas, Valimaki has been a star and he plays w/so much passion and truly looks like he is a total team guy, great pick up
I argee, but he has not been good the last few games. He is logging a lot of TOI, maybe too much and is getting worn down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad