GDT: [Game #75] Dallas Stars vs. San Jose Sharks - 7:00 PM CT (BSSWX)

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
I guess it’s entertainment to have a close game. That must be the excuse here.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Should not have been even near that close of a game but 2 points is 2 points. At least they hung on for the W

Seriously though this team is gonna be worn out by the time they get to the playoffs if they make it. Every game all season long is a brutal close physical battle to the very end, often going extra time. Never an easy game for this team.

Reactions: DieselPig

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
I wouldn’t be surprised to see us go on some kind of losing streak to end the season. No such thing as an easy game and seems like we could lose every game we play in. I won’t hold my breath until we’ve finally clinched.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Should not have been even near that close of a game but 2 points is 2 points. At least they hung on for the W

Seriously though this team is gonna be worn out by the time they get to the playoffs if they make it. Every game all season long is a brutal close physical battle to the very end, often going extra time. Never an easy game for this team.
But that along with some of the comebacks may actually help them come playoffs actually win games.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA

The massive amounts of dumping and chasing probably mean they legitimately skate a lot more than teams that prefer to carry the puck in over a season. Also every time they don't blow out a team is another time where they have to keep rolling their only good line for 18 minutes a night instead of resting them for the playoffs.

Someone must be tracking it, but I'm actually curious to know how often Dallas does dump and chase vs other teams and what the disparity is. Every team does it, but since Dallas does it on purpose instead of as a fallback because they can't carry it with possession it has to be a fairly significant difference. Also wish we could look at offensive zone time, I'd like to see where Dallas ends up there since they're so eager to give up the puck on purpose. They've never struck me as a very good cycle team.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
This team is going to make the playoffs and either get swept in the 1st round or they will be right at home in the playoffs with their style of play and just grind teams down and end up in the conference finals or something ridiculous.

This. I think i'd lean more towards option 2 in terms of their style of play to grind teams down to make it a good series whoever we play in the first round.

After that, if they move on then who knows what could happen.

Big Win. 2 points is 2 points and playing down to opponents is irrelevant once playoffs begin.T he boys have a solid record versus playoff teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad