Post-Game Talk: GAME #75: Canucks 1 vs. Flames 3

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Good effort by an undermanned squad, really.

Petey didn't have his best stuff tonight. Still made some good plays, and this will be a learning experience for him.

Puck didn't quite bounce Horvat's way tonight. Set up Motte for what could have been a tap-in, and had a couple pucks bounce to him in front, but was unable to create a shot.

Virtanen disgraced himself on the 3rd Flames goal. That language isn't too strong either. Virtanen gave it away with a soft play into the middle. Then the puck goes to Giordano who has to settle a puck in the air. This is a perfect chance for Virtanen to truck him. Use that mass of his.
Instead, he does a flyby. Pathetic.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
I like Mike Smith

Because you know he is always going to choke.
sub .900 sv% = boss
Flames future's looking not so hot. Smith chokes, Rittich's not ready to be a starter full time, Gio is getting old, Brodie's being carried by Gio. Defense going to fall to shit right as Monny and Gaud are hitting their prime.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Good effort by an undermanned squad, really.

Petey didn't have his best stuff tonight. Still made some good plays, and this will be a learning experience for him.

Puck didn't quite bounce Horvat's way tonight. Set up Motte for what could have been a tap-in, and had a couple pucks bounce to him in front, but was unable to create a shot.

Virtanen disgraced himself on the 3rd Flames goal. That language isn't too strong either. Virtanen gave it away with a soft play into the middle. Then the puck goes to Giordano who has to settle a puck in the air. This is a perfect chance for Virtanen to truck him. Use that mass of his.
Instead, he does a flyby. Pathetic.

I know someone who is involved in the organization and, from what I hear, Virtanen is dumb as a box of hair, and is a party boy. Apparently the partying has subsided somewhat now that he's serious with a woman. But he's just...stupid.

Believe me, or don't. But it certainly matches what we all see from night to night.
I like this.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Now five points with only seven games left, and they don't own the tie-breaker. They're done. Green needs to let it go and make some lineup changes with next season in mind.

Demko needs every second start, or maybe even most of them the rest of the way. Green should have gotten Baertschi in tonight instead of Schaller...is he kidding? And above all else, they need to get Quinn Hughes into some games.

Finally, looking more and more like Beagle will end the season as a three-goal scorer....and he was also on the ice for the opening goal when he appeared to cover nobody in the slot. This is going to be another horrific contract going forward.

member 290103

Wait, are you trolling or do you just not understand the game? Stecher has been unbelievable since mid-January. He's playing like a real top 4.

That was just a dumb comment that basically proved to everyone he has not a clue as to how to assess a hockey player.

Maybe time to try curling or something.

Reactions: B-rock

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Huh. I ****ing hate the Flames and I also think Mike Smith is garbage. I'm so sick of him roving all over the ice and throwing a hissy fit when someone dares touch him. Just stay in your ****ing net, dude.

Just you wait, for media will pump Calgary as ‘Canada’s team’ again just like 2004 and we’re suppose to support them...

Sorry the Jets will train ride the grave

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I know someone who is involved in the organization and, from what I hear, Virtanen is dumb as a box of hair, and is a party boy. Apparently the partying has subsided somewhat now that he's serious with a woman. But he's just...stupid.

I mean this has lined up with everything we've learned about Virtanen since drafting him. That he's got lots of tools but is extremely stupid and got by in junior by just being bigger and faster than the other teenagers he played against. And then had major reconstructive shoulder surgery, which was a known factor when he was drafted.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
And that was a better game that I was expecting. Flames weren't as dominant as long as I was expecting...even though the game's out of reach pretty damn fast without Markstrom.

--Boeser's playing as well as he has this season. He's actually skating now. Don't know if he's finally getting over an injury or if he just hasn't given a shit.

--Pete's looking really frustrated. Glad he got a point but you can tell he's not a happy camper. Can't say I blame him.

--Good game for Schenn. I like him so, so, so much better than Gudbranson as the stay-at-home guy.

--f*** Mike Smith. Just seriously, f*** that guy.

--Granlund showed some grit along the boards. Someone check my ass for flying monkeys.

--Motte, Leivo, Beagle, Biega, Pearson: Good hustle, good effort, showed good grit...and couldn't put the puck in the net to save their lives. So much like a lot of people on this team.

--Sautner and Brisebois are...okay. I really can't see them developing into much, though.

--Horvat's slowing down. Shouldering the load along with Pettersson, Boeser, Markstrom, Edler and Tanev. Without those guys this is barely an AHL squad.

*sigh* Oh well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->