WinnipegPortageAndMain.jpg

3062379.jpg

upload_2018-3-26_19-35-37.png

upload_2018-3-26_19-46-53.png

DKNyRaXV4AIeBC1.jpg

Tonight's Officials

bp16.jpg
gr07.jpg

Referees Brian Pochmara (16), Garrett Rank (7)
Linesmen Brandon Gawryletz (64), Ryan Gibbons (58)

Supervisor Ron Ottawa

Ntl. Anthem Stacey Nattrass

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins visit the Jets tonight for the 2nd & final game between these teams this season & the Bruins’ lone visit of the season to Xcel Energy Center … The Bruins are 47-17-10 this season and are 22-10-5 on the road thus far … They are 7-4-2 against Central Division foes and 17-9-3 against the Western Conference.

The Bruins conclude tonight a 4-game road trip (2-0-1) … It is their final game in a span of 8-of-9 games on the road (4-2-2) & they will next return home to host Tampa Bay on 3/29 & Florida on 3/31.

WAYBACK MACHINE
mr-peabody-sherman-1960s.jpg

BOSTON vs WINNIPEG, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Jets are meeting for the 61st time in their histories (includes Winnipeg as Atlanta Thrashers) with the Bruins having a 36-17-2-5 record and a 190-167 scoring advantage in those contests.

The Bruins are 15-12-0-2 in 30 road games played between the teams with an 84-83 scoring edge.

The Bruins have won the last 4 games of this lifetime series, including a 2-1 shootout win in Boston on 12/21 in the 1st game of this season’s series, and are 8-3-1 in their last 12 games overall vs. the Jets … They have won the last 2 in Winnipeg & are 7-5-2 in their last 14 road games vs. the Jets.

The Bruins are 10-5-1 vs. the Jets since they relocated to Winnipeg in 2011.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

David Pastrnak is four points shy of his 200th NHL point.

INJURIES / SUSPENSION (Total injury man-games lost in 2017-18: 259)
cataldo-boston-strong_11408945.png

Charlie McAvoy – strained MCL left knee suffered 3/3 vs MTL, has missed 11 games
Anders Bjork – 2/21 shoulder surgery, has missed 26 games (IR)
Zdeno Chara – upper body suffered 3/13 at CAR, has missed 6 games
Jake DeBrusk – upper body suffered 3/13 at CAR, has missed 6 games
David Backes – right leg laceration suffered 3/17 at TB, has missed 4 games

Rick Nash – upper body, has missed 4 games

:bruins:jets

Last edited:

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Is there another definition of temporarily I'm not aware of? :laugh:

If we win tomorrow night we have the same points as Tampa but do we have the tie breaker? Is it head to head or row first?
Well, if the B's win tomorrow night, they will go into the Thursday game with Tampa tied, but with one game in hand. that puts them in first place by using the points % tiebreaker criteria (1st criteria). 2nd criteria is ROW. 3rd is # of points earned in games between the teams. (there's some convoluted way of excluding "odd" games if the teams haven't played an equal number of home games). 4th criteria is goal differential.

So, in (my) perfect world, the b's win tomorrow, win against TB on Thursday (when I'll be in attendance for my birthday!) to go up 2 points still with a game in hand and retain 1st for the remainder of the season. (This is why I keyed on the "temporarily" - believing/wanting them to not give 1st place back)

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I thought yesterday that it'd be better to reverse the goalies - stick Dobby in against MIN, and put Rask in against WPG. Not the worst decision, and I guess they're giving Rask Tuesday off so that he'll be focused on the 4-point game for the Atlantic on Thursday.

Like everyone here, I too was struck by how close BOS and WPG are statistically. Their PP's a bit better, but other than that, it's like looking in the mirror. SpidermanPointing.gif.

This is a big game....if you had to pick two teams right now to make the Cup finals, you could do a lot worse than picking BOS/WPG. Pretty crazy that this potential SCF preview is happening so late in the season, especially since they try to shove the interconference games in October.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Somebody tell Bergeron he can't fight Wheeler again. Or Tyler Myers, for that matter :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Oh man, a chane to really put the heat on Tampa by winning this game? I'm scared as well, because Winni has some excellent players, and their goalie Helle (not even going to try and spell it) is having quite a good season.

But I gotta believe having Bergy back makes such an incredible difference. Has there been any news on whether we see Backes back soon? Or anybody else?

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
This should be the most challenging game of the road trip. On paper these two teams seem to mirror each other.

I worry our defense may struggle.

A win would be nice but I mostly just want them to finish uninjured. I want Wingels and Gionta watching the playoffs.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Now this is going to be the toughest game of the season because Winnipeg is a powerhouse AND they're firing on all cylinders. Classic statement game.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Now this is going to be the toughest game of the season because Winnipeg is a powerhouse AND they're firing on all cylinders. Classic statement game.
They are a terrific team, so too are the B`s. Not at all making an excuse for the B`s but sure would have been terrific to see two teams as close to healthy going at it. One thing that would concern me if I were a Jets fan is consistent goal-tending and their D has some of the same tendencies the B`s D does from time to time and that`s losing focus and attention to details in their own zone. Watched that Preds/Jets tilt the other night (was a classic) and while neither team were too focused on D, the Jets, I found, were running around in their own zone

They can be had, if healthy, I`d still take our boys 8 days a week in a 7 game series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->