GDT: Game 75 3/27 8:07 PM - The Bear visits Portage & Main | NESN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I lived in Winnipeg for 2 years, 68 to 70, but I was just a yute.
For those who are in their 50's and from around Winnipeg, I seem to remember wearing moccasins out in the snow.
Is my memory fuzzy or was/is that a thing back then ?

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Hoping Khudobin has a strong outing and we can steal 2 points away from a very good Jets team. Lets keep our eyes on top spot and make our lives a little easier in the post season.

Let's Go Bruuuins !!!

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Hoping Khudobin has a strong outing and we can steal 2 points away from a very good Jets team. Lets keep our eyes on top spot and make our lives a little easier in the post season.

Let's Go Bruuuins !!!

Where have you seen that Khudobin is the starter?

Rask has been the 1st star of the past two wins and 1st seed is on the line tonight.

I want the #1 in net for this game. As well as Thursday.

Khudobin should play two more games this season. Against Flo or Phi this w-e and Ott or Flo next w-e. Rask in for the other 6.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Driving in Winnipeg is challenging

Confusion-Corner-Sign.jpg

Three times, once me driving and two other times with people who aren't from there - I've been in a car that has gone the wrong way down a one-way within minutes from the airport as it's not obvious whatsoever.
They also have some of the strangest left hand turn lights I've ever seen in my life. They'll have a green arrow, flashing yellow, a green and red light all going at the same time on the same standard - and you just shake your head and roll the dice that you're doing the right thing.

The Jets are really fun to watch nowadays. They deserve to have nice things and their depth and high end talent is right there with the Bruins as the best in the league. This would be my dream Final. My 80ish year-old mom will be at the game tonight as she makes it to a few Jets games every year. So I hope it's a good game.

My last thing about Winnipeg is that our family cottage that we've had forever is right near The Keith's family cottage for 40-50 years - and that's were he spends his day with The Cup. it's nice in the middle of summer to see The Cup on the beach and then at a big bonfire backyard party afterwards.

Reactions: stranger and BMC

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I lived in Winnipeg for 2 years, 68 to 70, but I was just a yute.
For those who are in their 50's and from around Winnipeg, I seem to remember wearing moccasins out in the snow.
Is my memory fuzzy or was/is that a thing back then ?
Your memory is 100% correct. I've lived in the Peg for over 50 years and remember walking to school in my white leather moccasins. Gawd they were cold and uncomfortable!

I really like your team this year and would love for our Jets to meet your Bruins in the SCF. It would surely be an epic series! Hoping for a great game tonight with no injuries to either side.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Rask has been the 1st star of the past two wins and 1st seed is on the line tonight.

I want the #1 in net for this game. As well as Thursday.

Khudobin should play two more games this season. Against Flo or Phi this w-e and Ott or Flo next w-e. Rask in for the other 6.

upload_2018-3-27_14-37-16.png

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
And you have about 3.5 seconds to make your decision based on where that sign is situated from the intersections. I think it broke my GPS one time.
I haven’t been to Winnipeg since I was a yoot . Always went in the summer for a visit with relatives and remember nothing of the city except mosquitoes .... Dammit, now I am itchy .
Can you still buy a house there for a bunch of pocket lint?

spylogic3

Sep 1, 2006
As reported by various sources ... the following is quoted from the Winnipeg Sun:

Bruins starter Tuukka Rask is 13-6 with a 1.93 goals-against average and .933 save % in 19 career games against the Jets, but he’s getting a night off on Tuesday as backup Anton Khudobin gets the call in goal. Khudobin is 15-6-5 in 28 games this season with a 2.48 goals-against average and .917 save %. The Jets are expected to counter with Connor Hellebuyck, who is set to make his 63rd appearance (60th start) and is searching for his 40th win of the season.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Like Holden moved down.

That 2nd line made me throw up in my mouth a little.

I get what Cassidy is doing. Keep your 1st and 4th lines intact. 2nd and 3rd lines he’s going with the “pair” tactic. Instead of loading up the 2nd line, he’s giving Donato to Krejci and putting Nash and Heinen back together. Filling in the blanks with Wingels and Gionta.

Personally, I would rather see Heinen with Krejci, but Cassidy seems to love Nash and Heinen on the same line. They were together on the 4th line at the beginning of the season, then on the 3rd line before Bergeron was hurt.

If the middle lines are not generating offense, I could see BC swapping out Heinen and Wingels.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
I haven’t been to Winnipeg since I was a yoot . Always went in the summer for a visit with relatives and remember nothing of the city except mosquitoes .... Dammit, now I am itchy .
Can you still buy a house there for a bunch of pocket lint?

ooh depends on the area.. south west area seems like the going prices start around 350,000.00. Crazy as it seems mosquitoes inside the city limits lately(last few years) haven't been all that bad.

back to the game at hand! Best of luck to yus! Bruins are a team I cheer for basically all year... only time I won't will be on of the best possible circumstances which is Bruins VS Jets for the cup. (and any time you play us to be honest)

Reactions: BMC

Luc Labelle

Lucius 895 Injuries
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2005
Winnipeg
It will be a tough game - is Patrik Laine back yet? He was out with a concussion last week I think. Huge two points tonight but no injuries is more important.

Garrett Rank is a local boy - he is excellent at golf too - I don't follow golf but see him enough on the local news to know he is very good. Don't make me hate you Garrett!!!

GO BRUINS!!!
This was a natural mistake to make, when questioned by a reporter if Laine's blocked shot was above the skate Paul Maurice answered: "Yes, he has a concussion."

Good luck and hope to see you in the finals. Though our Winnipeg Jets 2.0 still have to learn how to win one playoff game.

Another amazing mirror image of the stat lines is the man-games lost to injury, I think we are at around 227 not counting back-up goalies' games missed.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
As reported by various sources ... the following is quoted from the Winnipeg Sun:

Bruins starter Tuukka Rask is 13-6 with a 1.93 goals-against average and .933 save % in 19 career games against the Jets, but he’s getting a night off on Tuesday as backup Anton Khudobin gets the call in goal. Khudobin is 15-6-5 in 28 games this season with a 2.48 goals-against average and .917 save %. The Jets are expected to counter with Connor Hellebuyck, who is set to make his 63rd appearance (60th start) and is searching for his 40th win of the season.

Thanks.

Don't agree with that decision by Cassidy. 1st place in the East is on the line so #1 G should be in net. Especially when he has been on fire the past few games.

Dobby better play well.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Grapes(Don Cherry) used to talk about how popular the B's were in Western Canada when he had his Grapevine Show on radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->