GDT: Game 74 Oilers vs Columbus

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
So not sure if there is any game day rules on who can create a thread but I found it a bit weird no game day thread and its already passed 3pm local time.

RNH-McDavid-Kassian
Lucic-Draisaitl-Chiasson
Gambardella-Brodziak-Currie
Rieder-Cave-Gagner

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Sekera-Benning

Koskinen

Versus the Duchene curse

Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson
Dzingel-Duchene-Anderson
Zedlak-Nash-Jenner
Dubinsky-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand

Werenski-Jones
Nutivaara-Savard
Harrington-McQuaid

Korpisalo

If you want your daily Oilers depression aside from Bobby Nick slagging Reider here iss an excerpt from oilersnation:

"In March of 2016, the Oilers lineup had Connor McDavid, Leon Draisaitl, Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Zack Kassian and Patrick Maroon in their top six. The bottom six comprised of Lauri Korpikoski, Mark Letestu, Nail Yakupov, Adam Cracknell, Anton Lander and Iiro Pakarinen. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Benoit Pouliot and Matt Hendricks were injured. Jujhar Khaira played 15 games."

"On the backend, they had Andrej Sekera, Mark Fayne, Griffin Reinhart, Jordan Oesterle, Adam Clendening and Adam Pardy. Oscar Klefbom and Brandon Davidson were injured and Darnell Nurse was suspended for two games. Cam Talbot was in goal."

"Tonight the Oilers lineup will have McDavid, Draisaitl, Kassian, Nugent-Hopkins, Milan Lucic and Alex Chiasson in the top six. The bottom six will have Sam Gagner, Colby Cave, Tobias Rieder, Kyle Brodziak, Joseph Gambardella and Josh Currie. On defence Klefbom, Nurse, Sekera, Adam Larsson, Kris Russell and Matt Benning. Mikko Koskinen start in goal."

For how much worse the forward core is the D and bottom 6 dont look that much bettter...

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
People are dazed and confused that the water quality audit Burgers conducted shows it’s all Toby’s fault.

Oilers get shithammered tonight 6-3. First shot on goal not till the 5 minute mark and we barely crack 25 shots.

But Toby will score tonight in delicious irony and give the middle finger salute to the box Burgers is sitting in.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Dont care just want MCDavid and Drai to put up serious points dont care what the score is

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
So not sure if there is any game day rules on who can create a thread but I found it a bit weird no game day thread and its already passed 3pm

Unless someone has signed up to do it, not really any rules or hierarchy of who can make one. With the team stuck in the river of suckage with no hope of getting out, everyone's give a shit meters are broken.

Thanks for making one though!

MikeYEG

Feb 7, 2019
I'm just asking for one thing: Katz/OBC out chants. I know it'll probably not happen, but damn it would be a welcomed silver lining.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Oh, and if any Habs fans are perusing this thread, expect to be extremely disappointed.

You'll get no help from this sad sack bunch of sackers.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
So not sure if there is any game day rules on who can create a thread but I found it a bit weird no game day thread and its already passed 3pm local time.

RNH-McDavid-Kassian
Lucic-Draisaitl-Chiasson
Gambardella-Brodziak-Currie
Rieder-Cave-Gagner

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Sekera-Benning

Koskinen

Versus the Duchene curse

Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson
Dzingel-Duchene-Anderson
Zedlak-Nash-Jenner
Dubinsky-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand

Werenski-Jones
Nutivaara-Savard
Harrington-McQuaid

Korpisalo

If you want your daily Oilers depression aside from Bobby Nick slagging Reider here iss an excerpt from oilersnation:

"In March of 2016, the Oilers lineup had Connor McDavid, Leon Draisaitl, Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Zack Kassian and Patrick Maroon in their top six. The bottom six comprised of Lauri Korpikoski, Mark Letestu, Nail Yakupov, Adam Cracknell, Anton Lander and Iiro Pakarinen. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Benoit Pouliot and Matt Hendricks were injured. Jujhar Khaira played 15 games."

"On the backend, they had Andrej Sekera, Mark Fayne, Griffin Reinhart, Jordan Oesterle, Adam Clendening and Adam Pardy. Oscar Klefbom and Brandon Davidson were injured and Darnell Nurse was suspended for two games. Cam Talbot was in goal."

"Tonight the Oilers lineup will have McDavid, Draisaitl, Kassian, Nugent-Hopkins, Milan Lucic and Alex Chiasson in the top six. The bottom six will have Sam Gagner, Colby Cave, Tobias Rieder, Kyle Brodziak, Joseph Gambardella and Josh Currie. On defence Klefbom, Nurse, Sekera, Adam Larsson, Kris Russell and Matt Benning. Mikko Koskinen start in goal."

For how much worse the forward core is the D and bottom 6 dont look that much bettter...
I get that we should be doing better, but we went 7 W 8 L in March 2016 and we're 5 W 4 L so far in 2019.

How is this possible with much worse fwds and not much better D/GK?

Edit: by the way, holy crap that D was bad. Not remotely close to what we have now. Talk all you want about Oesterle now, but he was not the same player in 2016 as he is now... Sekera would be (and is) the only ond who'd be playing on our current D, luckily.

It's not good now, but let's not go completely crazy with this.

Edit: thanks for the gdt though!

Last edited:

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
How many goals does Rieder need to score to not be the reason why we lost?

One? Two? Seven?
More importantly, has he reached the record for futility yet? Last I saw he was a handful of shots away from holding the NHL record for most shots on net in a season with nothing to show for it.

Shame I won't be able to watch this one :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->