Post-Game Talk: Game 74: Canucks def. Sens - 7-4 (Horvat x2, Pearson x2, Boeser, Virtanen, Eriksson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Getting worried that horvat passes pettersson for internal points. Will look bad for calder chances if that happens.
Pettersson is PPG.

Horvat is scoring at a 0.77 PPG clip.

Unless you think his 11 games missed or w/e is enough to hurt his Calder chances enough to even make any difference, I wouldn't really worry. Anyone who is being honest to themselves can see that Pettersson has been the best rookie in the league this season. An argument can be made for Dahlin for sure, and I wouldn't mind if he won it over Pettersson, but the sheer impact each of them had on their teams is not really close imo, and Horvat scoring more points than Pettersson in way more games isn't really a cause for concern for his chances at all.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Tonight we saw the real difference between "a bad team" and "the worst team in the whole NHL". Tonight we saw why the Canucks were never gonna be front-runners for the lottery....while also seeing why we would get torched in a series vs the Jets/Preds/Sharks. All I really want is for our young core to take these games as seriously as possible. Meaningful March....that was the mantra, no?

Thought Biega looked better than I've literally ever seen. Getting shots through, stepping up in the neutral zone, using his speed to be aggressive on the puck without sacrificing too much position, using his physicality to gain possession. I dunno where this form of Biega came from.

Sautner and Brisebois were...below average. Very poor with the puck, borderline without. Been a theme with both of them in their tenures so far. Still getting their feet wet, but I'm still waiting to be impressed by anything they do.

Schenn put up another rock solid effort. Physical in good spots, outlets are decent, reverses when prompted, and doesn't just give up the puck all the god damn time for no reason like so many of our D this year.

Bo Horvat, are you really gonna put up a 30-30 year with all this chaff sagging you down? Too lazy to write up the rest of the forwards...Petey had some dangles and a couple of great scoring opportunities....Boeser's shot looking deadly....Pearson might be working his way towards a regular spot on Horvat's wing (lord knows Bo could use some consistency in his linemates)...

edit: Virtanen had a REALLY good outing, forgot to mention.

Last edited:

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
That got way too close.

Team defense is on display tonight. Props to Ottawa for not giving up, but....just wow. Worst part was it wasn't just one line or pairing.

Glad we pulled it out, that kind of embarrassment wouldn't have been worth 2 points after we started to pull away.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Hilarious the posters(you know who you are) that make fun of the ones that are happy the Canucks aren't eliminated yet. They actually watch the games hoping they lose while dissing any one that would like to see them in the wildcard spot. 4 points out means two wins.Ari,Chi,Col and Min all suck and are barley capable of playing 500 hockey. Yet they use the mathematical genius Jeff Paterson's deducing to write the season off. How moronic is that to hope for a tank while crying about every lose or win.
Ya. I’m guessing you’re not good at math

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
Nice tribute to Pettersson during the game to acknowledge breaking the all time 'points for a rookie' as a Canuck..

This video never gets old...especially the guy at the 3 minute mark.

A compilation of overreactions basically lol

would love to see all of those guys react to their reactions now

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Pageau getting the appointment with DoPS that he so richly deserves for his hit on Sautner. Two games, maybe?

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Ya. I’m guessing you’re not good at math
I know that two plus two is four. Oh look Arizona lost to Florida tonight, what a surprise. Chicago and Dallas also lost tonight. 4 points out with 8 games remaining , get your playoff beards going.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Nice tribute to Pettersson during the game to acknowledge breaking the all time 'points for a rookie' as a Canuck..

This video never gets old...especially the guy at the 3 minute mark.

I feel sorry for the people that watch any of these guys.

Whoever those last 3 are should stop making videos.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Easy for you to say after Min beats Wash tonight. I'll bet you the Canucks make the playoffs next year. Loser doesn't post during the playoffs and off season.
So why all this chest thumping and confidence about this year? Why post nonsense about growing playoff beards?

And how can I wager next season without seeing what unfolds in the summer? Why would I jump to conclusions already about next season without rationally thinking through all the different scenarios that could occur?

Would I bet against a team that doesn’t have Benning as GM anymore? I’m not sure

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
So why all this chest thumping and confidence about this year? Why post nonsense about growing playoff beards?

And how can I wager next season without seeing what unfolds in the summer? Why would I jump to conclusions already about next season without rationally thinking through all the different scenarios that could occur?

Would I bet against a team that doesn’t have Benning as GM anymore? I’m not sure
I said it was still a long shot to make the playoffs this year in my previous posts. They can still do it considering most of their games are at home but the odds are stacked against them. Why would i take a bet like that. I was born at night but it wasn't last night. You sound very unconfident that the Canucks will not be a good team next year. Which of these two bets has better odds?

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Being positive in a negative situation is not naive , it's leadership.
- Mark Boroweicki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad