GDT: Game 73 | Columbus at Boston | 3/19 7PM -- mod warning post #465

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
And Tuukka Rask.

Since the beginning of the 2015-16 season, Marchand has averaged 1.03 PPG. 226 points in 213 games. That's 6th best in that time frame. His 106 goals are tied for second best. At a $6.125m AAV, he's got one of the best bargain contracts in the NHL.

He's probably the poster child for "love him if he's on your team. Hate him if he's not". I'll admit to not hating him-he's one of my favorite players in the NHL. Perfect combination of skill and grit. And cheapness:laugh:

When the Bruins played here earlier in the season, they were down 3-0 came back tied it and lost in OT. It was clear that they were a very good team. A legit SC contender in my book.

Agreed. I actually think they are THE favorite, injuries aside. At least out of the East.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
One time in over 900 games played it can't be that.

Those are two separate incidents - one in the Detroit game and the other in the Florida game (check out the links). But yeah, until this year, Backes hasn't been in trouble with the league. To be honest, there are plenty of players I dislike more than Backes.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Those are two separate incidents - one in the Detroit game and the other in the Florida game (check out the links). But yeah, until this year, Backes hasn't been in trouble with the league. To be honest, there are plenty of players I dislike more than Backes.

Yeah I don't have a lasting distaste for Backes from his Blues days. I remember him being hard to play against, but in a way I respected. Now, Jordin Tootoo on the other hand... he's still top of my shitlist.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
One of about five guys a friend and I settled on that, even if they ended up on the Jackets, we would still hate.
I hope Kesler is on that list...

Jones out, Korpi in, would be nice to win but it's one of the few games left on the schedule that I don't expect them to win. I'm not against surprises though. :)

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
On this day last year, we clinched the playoffs. Might be a good sign for things to come tonight :nod:

ztcgon.jpg

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Bob in Boston = you might lose.
Korpi in New York = you might lose.

Bob in New York = you might win.
Do you really think Boston is that menacing with Bob in net? Or what's left of that Rangers squad with Korpisalo in net? I dunno. I feel like we're playing well enough right now that we can beat either of those teams no matter which goaltender is in net.

Reactions: The Bread Man

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Do you really think Boston is that menacing with Bob in net? Or what's left of that Rangers squad with Korpisalo in net? I dunno. I feel like we're playing well enough right now that we can beat either of those teams no matter which goaltender is in net.

More a point of starting your best guy in the game you have a better chance of winning.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
When the Bruins played here earlier in the season, they were down 3-0 came back tied it and lost in OT. It was clear that they were a very good team. A legit SC contender in my book.

Which team?

The one that lost or won?

:dunno:

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
The only game I'll get to watch live this week is Thursday

Babysit Bernie the other 3 nights...all message boards are blocked at work,

so everyone enjoy and let's get 2 points tonight

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Though we won't have Jones and Korpi is starting the Bruins' are getting depleted from injuries... we can win this one. Make it 8!

Reactions: Jackets Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad