Post-Game Talk: GAME 73 - B's play a PERFECT road game - BRUINS 5 NY Islanders 0 FINAL

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Just watched it on DVR. Completely dismantled the Isles. This a pretty good team.

Really wonder they do this offseason with Clifton, Vaak, and Lauzon waiting around.

It all depends on the playoffs, of course, but I think that there's a good chance that Krug will be traded this summer. Maybe for a young established middle six forward or maybe for a relatively high draft pick.

Reactions: BMC and Zillah

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The Isles tied a franchise record for fewest shots on goal in a home game – 13. The record was set on October 31, 2000, also against Boston, but the Isles won that game 4-2.

Who was the goalie that night? Geez

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
The Isles tied a franchise record for fewest shots on goal in a home game – 13. The record was set on October 31, 2000, also against Boston, but the Isles won that game 4-2.

Who was the goalie that night? Geez

Probably Kay Whitmore or a very young Raycroft. That was when Dafoe and Grahame were injured.

Reactions: BruinsBtn

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Leafs board is very negative at the moment
By no means am I downplaying them because they're offense is lethal and they're definitely going to make any series interesting..

But it looks like the same song and dance for them just like last year- They're going to rely HEAVILY on Anderson to carry them in the playoffs cause their defense is trash. And I believe they've also lost Gardner for a bit of time.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins romp over Islanders - The Boston Globe

The second period began with a big man battle off the opening faceoff, with 6-foot-3-inch Matt Martin throwing down with 6-9 Zdeno Chara. They each landed a couple of good belts, but the match went to Chara, who finished the skirmish by dropping Martin to the ice. It appeared Martin was trying to get his squad into the game. But overall it proved a futile attempt. Nothing could put a charge into the Fish Sticks.

“I respect him,” a subdued Chara said. “He’s obviously been in the game a long time and he’s tough as nails. He is doing his job for his team. Obviously, a great job by him. He takes his job very seriously. He’s one of those guys I respect highly — it is not an easy job. He’s putting his name out there and doing whatever he can to help his team win. Good for him. Very tough. Very respected. I just wanted to give him that opportunity.”

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
So a question for the LF. I thought the "3rd line" was excellent last night.

Moving forward, would you keep 14 52 43 together? and then:

63 37 88
74 46 90
55/20 13 42
14 52 43

Apologies if I have the wings wrong.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I cannot recall seeing the Bruins play a better game. That was about as close to a "perfect" game as you're going to see.

I remember exactly one legitimate Islanders scoring chance.

They flat out dominated the best defensive 5v5 team in the league.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
That is the thing.Media ,their fans so called experts.Nobody is giving them a chance.Bruins need to be very aware vs them cause teams with skill they have at forward and nothing to lose are dangerous .Lock down homeice then get the film out.
The game plan against those guys should be to forecheck them vigorously, strong back check and cycle unmercifully to wear them down.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
That is the thing.Media ,their fans so called experts.Nobody is giving them a chance.Bruins need to be very aware vs them cause teams with skill they have at forward and nothing to lose are dangerous .Lock down homeice then get the film out.

I don't think the bruins players are taking them lightly. Nothing else matters especially what the opinion is on this board.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
I love the vibe this team gives off. They’re absolutely roasting each other.

That’s the sign of a tight knit group.

It's awesome to see but scares me to think Krug could be the guy to go either through trade or FA given how the kids develop in Pro. and what contract talks look like with everyone else. He's a special part of this team and very skilled despite his defensive "struggles". Hate to see his departure potentially affect the locker room.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Nice to see the foot stay on the gas after getting a lead. Great layers tonight and transition was smooth. Active sticks and support have the Isles a hard time. 2nd best game they played all year to the Tampa game.
Nice to not play from behind.

Also great to see a full 60 min game !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad