GDT: Game 72: CBJ vs Philly | 7 PM EST

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
They don’t keep the lines long enough to build any, at least it seems like it.
Huh? It seems to me that Lars has kept his finger off the line blender button more than most coaches and certainly unlike Torts who had all ten fingers on the blender button.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Well they followed last game's undeserved win with a well deserved loss. I was hoping for an undeserved loss. Oh well.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If KJ signs tomorrow he’s got a great chance to make his NHL debut in his home state against his hometown team

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I hope Laine will be HS some games. Or move him to the 4th line and out from PP.
His contact maximum $8.700.00 (only because of market). If not, trade him.

His slumps are annoying but scratches might be taking it too far. He seemed to come alive in the second period, that's a good sign that the end of his slump might be coming soon.

I agree that is a reasonable contract, maybe a good dollar figure to draw the line on.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Huh? It seems to me that Lars has kept his finger off the line blender button more than most coaches and certainly unlike Torts who had all ten fingers on the blender button.
The “first” line sure. The middle six not so much.

Only one line had over 6 mins together 5v5. 9 different combos with over a minute TOI.

For instance, 52-34-93 had 4 minutes together before they were split up, despite having a CF of 60% and xGF% of 57.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
The “first” line sure. The middle six not so much.

Only one line had over 6 mins together 5v5. 9 different combos with over a minute TOI.

For instance, 52-34-93 had 4 minutes together before they were split up, despite having a CF of 60% and xGF% of 57.
Tonight yes. My comment was on the season as a whole.

Reactions: Cowumbus

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
His slumps are annoying but scratches might be taking it too far. He seemed to come alive in the second period, that's a good sign that the end of his slump might be coming soon.

I agree that is a reasonable contract, maybe a good dollar figure to draw the line on.
Shall I remind you how he played in the 3th? You know I've always uphold for him, but this is too much. He destroyed his lines. This wasn't about Roslovic, it was about him. Over $9,000,000 is what real leaders get. He isn't now yet.

Reactions: majormajor

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
No, I'd rather not think about it. :laugh:
Maybe I'm too emotional but if he knows to play a two-way game, was aggressive, held the puck well in the start of the season, I doubt he's forgotten it. Obviously I don't expect him to excel every game, players aren't robots, but in these cases he should move his legs better, play harder around the boards, be more aggressive at least. Of course IMHO.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
I hope Laine will be HS some games. Or move him to the 4th line and out from PP.
His contact maximum $8.700.00 (only because of market). If not, trade him.

I fell asleep during the intermission between 1st and 2nd so I have no idea what happened beyond the 1st period, but seriously, you think that would do any good for anybody?

To me he has not looked at his sharpest the last few games - the games have no value for the team and if this is indeed affecting his play, in a way I understand it since they are out and just playing to get the season done (and actually benefit from losing)... That said, this is where I'd like him to work hard and muster up the effort to keep playing at his absolute best. The season might be "done" but the fans are still paying for tickets. A great way to play yourself into the hearts of fans is to play big when the games have a lot on the line. The best way is to play big all the time :)

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I fell asleep during the intermission between 1st and 2nd so I have no idea what happened beyond the 1st period, but seriously, you think that would do any good for anybody?

To me he has not looked at his sharpest the last few games - the games have no value for the team and if this is indeed affecting his play, in a way I understand it since they are out and just playing to get the season done (and actually benefit from losing)... That said, this is where I'd like him to work hard and muster up the effort to keep playing at his absolute best. The season might be "done" but the fans are still paying for tickets. A great way to play yourself into the hearts of fans is to play big when the games have a lot on the line. The best way is to play big all the time :)
I understand our situation, similar the fact that players are not robots. But to me, his play looked like skating. I didn't see aggression in most of the game, he wasn't ideal moving, should have played more active defensively. Probably there're emotions because Patrik has the potential to be a TOP NHL player, so even if he doesn't have shape, I expect more from him.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I understand our situation, similar the fact that players are not robots. But to me, his play looked like skating. I didn't see aggression in most of the game, he wasn't ideal moving, should have played more active defensively. Probably there're emotions because Patrik has the potential to be a TOP NHL player, so even if he doesn't have shape, I expect more from him.
This has been my biggest frustration with Patrik. For a month or so he was getting closer to the player he can be. If he would have continued to improve on that level of play and be more consistent with that level of play he could be a potential superstar. Instead he has regressed again. He's a gifted score. It's needed on the team. How much you pay for that luxary is the question. He doesn't do much else if he's not scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad