Post-Game Talk: GAME 71 - Celine Dion = Titanic - NYR 5 BRUINS 2

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
You just told my stor
I finally decided to join the discussion board. Been a die hard Bruins fan since 1968 when I was 5 years old and watching Toronto play Boston with my Leaf loving parents. All I remember hearing was this guy named Bobby Orr and right then and there I became a fan of the Bruins. Some great seasons along the way but also a lot of disappointment, but once you become a fan of this team it gets in your blood and you can never become a fan of any other team.
You just told my story, including the Leaf loving parents. It looks like we are the same age as well.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Yeah I understand the negativity angle on it but not every game is equal, added to the fact they are basically supposed to beat 90 pct of the league on a regular basis I think Swaymans play is a big trigger today. People do relish being negative though so I get your point
I tend to just post likes after a win. Usually more than enough celebratory comments to which I can add a like. I think the losses generate more conversation because of observations and differences of opinion about what went wrong and how to fix it.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I finally decided to join the discussion board. Been a die hard Bruins fan since 1968 when I was 5 years old and watching Toronto play Boston with my Leaf loving parents. All I remember hearing was this guy named Bobby Orr and right then and there I became a fan of the Bruins. Some great seasons along the way but also a lot of disappointment, but once you become a fan of this team it gets in your blood and you can never become a fan of any other team.

Welcome aboard

Reactions: sarge88

Thomas 11

Apr 15, 2018
Alberta Beach, Alberta
Tough loss last night. Really good 1st period. That late 2nd goal was a killer. Move on to the next one. Griz is playing well lately, his skating seems more fluid. We may just have something here with Braz, he is always around the puck and has excellent hands. The 4th line is a weapon with Bo and Beech!

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The. Rangers do what all good teams do to Bruins, they forecheck fast and hard and know that Bruin players will eventually hand them the puck in an awesome scoring area! The Bruin goaltending hides a lot of warts but playing against both teams most nights has to be draining. Gryzz and Shatty should not be in the lineup for any reason and Carlo most nights should also be limited to 3rd pair minutes. We only have 2 D who play well when the rough stuff starts and only McAvoy played last night. Wotherspoon should never be out of the lineup for the 2 I mentioned above.

So you want Gryz and Shattenkirk out and Carlo on the 3rd pair. Given that Forbort is done for the season, what exactly do you think our D should look like? At present you've got:

xxx-McAvoy
xxx-xxx
xxx-Carlo

Who fills the gaps?

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
I just looked up the BRUINS remaining schedule. Gulp!
Of the 11 games left 8 are on the road and they include Florida, Tampa Bay, Carolina and Nashville.
The 3 home games include Florida and Carolina.
No doubt the BRUINS have the toughest finishing schedule in the league.
Didn't mean to scare anybody, but there it is.
I seriously doubt there'll be a President's Trophy at the end.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
They need to figure out how to play with the goalie pulled (theirs or the opponents).
Seems like they can’t get the puck out for 2 minutes when they’re up a goal and when they’re down a goal they give up the ENG in 10 seconds.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Celine Dion is back — but to the surprise of hockey fans across the country — as a supporter of the Boston Bruins.
Celine Dion.JPG
Celine Dion reads starting lineup for the Boston Bruins, to the dismay of Canadian hockey fans

From thestar.com

Love her. I am surprised so many on here don't like her.

Very perplexing. She is a wonderful lady. And a once in a lifetime voice. Her boys and herself being Bruins fans is awesome.

Her decision to come to a game of ours while suffering from Stiff Person Sydrome tells me she is feeling okay these days. And that makes me happy.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
They were all off their game. It was like they were cursed.

Passing and timing off.

Swayman not good

MacAvoy bad game for him.

I think Brad is playing with at least one injury.

Hopefully they beat the stinking Flyers tomorrow.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

Very perplexing. She is a wonderful lady. And a once in a lifetime voice. Her boys and herself being Bruins fans is awesome.

Her decision to come to a game of ours while suffering from Stiff Person Sydrome tells me she is feeling okay these days. And that makes me happy.
How did she or kids become Bruins fans with her being from Quebec and they have been living in Vegas for awhile.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
I just looked up the BRUINS remaining schedule. Gulp!
Of the 11 games left 8 are on the road and they include Florida, Tampa Bay, Carolina and Nashville.
The 3 home games include Florida and Carolina.
No doubt the BRUINS have the toughest finishing schedule in the league.
Didn't mean to scare anybody, but there it is.
I seriously doubt there'll be a President's Trophy at the end.
Actually, the few weeks of this tough schedule to end the regular season perfectly balances out the few weeks of an easy schedule that started the season.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY

Imho, the 'once in a lifetime' female voice belongs to Shirley Bassey. I doubt, because she's from Wales, that she's a hockey fan.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
How did she or kids become Bruins fans with her being from Quebec and they have been living in Vegas for awhile.

Great question. I'm not sure. It was unexpected for sure.

Imho, the 'once in a lifetime' female voice belongs to Shirley Bassey. I doubt, because she's from Wales, that she's a hockey fan.

There is definitely a Mount Rushmore or once in a lifetime female voices. It can be debated. But Celine is up there with Whitney Houston for me, imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad