GDT: Game # 70 - New York Rangers vs Philadelphia Flyers - 7pm EST - MSG+ ( Rescue Rangers edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

New York Rangers (44-20-5) vs Philadelphia Flyers (21-36-11)​

7pm EST - MSG+​

Flyers projected lineup

Oskar Lindblom -- Kevin Hayes -- Travis Konecny
Noah Cates -- Joel Farabee -- Cam Atkinson
James van Riemsdyk -- Morgan Frost -- Owen Tippett
Nate Thompson -- Patrick Brown -- Zack MacEwen

Ivan Provorov -- Cam York
Travis Sanheim -- Rasmus Ristolainen
Nick Seeler - Ronnie Attard

Martin Jones

Carter Hart

Scratched: Keith Yandle, Hayden Hodgson

Injured: Ryan Ellis (lower body), Samuel Morin (knee), Sean Couturier (back), Scott Laughton(head)

Rangers projected lineup

Chris Kreider -- Mika Zibanejad -- Frank Vatrano
Artemi Panarin -- Andrew Copp - Dylan Hunt
Alexis Lafreniere -- Filip Chytil -- Julien Gauthier
Tyler Motte -- Barclay Goodrow -- Ryan Reaves

Ryan Lindgren -- Adam Fox
K'Andre Miller -- Jacob Trouba
Patrik Nemeth -- Justin Braun

Igor Shesterkin

Alexandar Georgiev

Scratched: Libor Hajek, Jonny Brodzinski, Dryden Hunt, Greg McKegg, Braden Schneider

Injured: Kaapo Kakko (upper body), Kevin Rooney(upper body)

B4E486F1-624E-4724-918F-88B4441362F5.gif

56262E0C-EDD0-43D8-A7AE-5CEAF3C6D246.gif

2E5C5039-93CD-457F-BD94-E62269DB0926.gif

Last edited:

Cygnus 2112

Aug 7, 2014
Long Island
If we have another poor outing maybe GG can throw names in a hat to make his lines:

*Pulls out names*
“Nemeth-Zib-Shesty”
GG: Bitchin’

Reactions: Peltz

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
It's not that i'm not excited for this game. I just want to get to the return of Kakko game. That will be the ultimate overreaction game of all time. Hopefully for positive reasons.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Not sure why we aren't going back to that crazy effective 4th line that we had just after the deadline. Hunt is a great 4th liner; he shouldn't be scratched because he never worked out in the top6.
But people are thrilled he's scratched. I mean, ecstatic.

Reactions: Harbour Dog

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
Not sure why we aren't going back to that crazy effective 4th line that we had just after the deadline. Hunt is a great 4th liner; he shouldn't be scratched because he never worked out in the top6.
I like Hunt. He brings a lot of energy and decent forechecking. I kiiiiiinda get it, though. I like what we've seen from Brodzinski too. My guess is that Turk likes that he can play Brodzinski in a variety of scenarios.

We aren't there for practices. If the coaching staff sees something interesting, you can't blame them for giving it a go. I'd think if it were against a more finesse team, you'd see Hunt in for Reaves. Also, maybe they just want to give the kid a maintenance day. I also think maybe we underestimate what Reaves means to this group of guys.

Reactions: Harbour Dog

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I like Hunt. He brings a lot of energy and decent forechecking. I kiiiiiinda get it, though. I like what we've seen from Brodzinski too. My guess is that Turk likes that he can play Brodzinski in a variety of scenarios.

We aren't there for practices. If the coaching staff sees something interesting, you can't blame them for giving it a go. I'd think if it were against a more finesse team, you'd see Hunt in for Reaves. Also, maybe they just want to give the kid a maintenance day. I also think maybe we underestimate what Reaves means to this group of guys.

Yeah, I have no issues with Brodzinkski being in the linup; he was part of that 4th line, and he likely is a little more versatile and trustworthy than Hunt.

My problem with dressing Reaves over Hunt is that Hunt is just as physical, but his hits seem to be more effective at affecting puck possession. If we knew, for whatever reason, that there was going to be a lot of scrums and altercations after the whistles, then that would be where Reaves gains value for me. The problem with regular season games, is that they don't generally get that chippy, and when they will isn't always predictable.

To your last point, I'm willing to admit that I almost certainly underestimate what he brings to the room. He may very well be one of the more important veteran voices in the room, but it isn't something that I factor into lineup decisions at all.

And don't get me wrong, I'm glad that we have him. Especially in the playoffs, if another team wants to outgoon us, that is going to be very difficult to do when we have one of the league's trump cards. A trump card that comes with the nice bonus of having been to the Finals recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->