GDT: [Game #70] Dallas Stars @ Calgary Flames – 9:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
We may have scraped a win out of that but it should never have been that close if we didn’t have some of the worst defenders in the NHL. Suter is dreadful, just dreadful. I have to pay tribute to all the Stars fans that were there tonight though. They were awesome

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
just the way I like it.

1679205129654.png

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Man we need to get Jake some rest.

We have multiple instances of 2 days between games coming up, hopefully they can use it to let Jake sit 1 or 2 so he gets a light workload for a week +

Reactions: Elysian

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I sure hope Wedgewood can play at least one of the 3 upcoming homegames. If he's not healthy Jakes gonna play all 3 . Sure 1 day rest between all 3 but still Jake needs some rest

Reactions: redbeardtx
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Top line should be well rested and ready to skate hard since they've taken the last two games off and treated the actual games like extended morning skates.

What do ya know past-me, you were right! Too bad 5 out of 7 Dmen and an overworked Goalie decided to make the game way more interesting than it should have been, but at least they got the win.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Kind of wierd how it wasn't really an issue for most of the year that the team only has 2 real top4 defenseman ( Miro and Esa ). Jani is a #5 on a team with more depth and the others are #6/7's at most.

In OT you see it the most. The only defenseman the coaching staff trusts there now late in the season are Miro and Esa.

Last edited:
Reactions: ugrakarma

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Didn't watch even a minute of this one last night, went to bed about half an hour before puck drop (didn't get to sleep till 5am yesterday). Woke up this morning and decided to watch it in full. 1st period was about as dominant a period as you could want, but that 2nd was the polar opposite. The OT winner was incredible.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Kind of wierd how it wasn't really an issue for most of the year that the team only has 2 real top4 defenseman ( Miro and Esa ). Jani is a #5 on a team with more depth and the others are #6/7's at most.

In OT you see it the most. The only defenseman the coaching staff trusts there now late in the season are Miro and Esa.
Think there’s something to Hakanpaa and Miller playing above their pay grade for the majority of the year. They’ve clearly come back to earth as of late. Dallas needs to either let Nils play through his mistakes without healthying him or call up Harley if they want a boost from the defense. Hanley, Miller, and Hawk are what they are.

Reactions: Elysian and JeffP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad