GDT: Game 70 - CBJ at VAN - 8 Mar, 10pm

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I was going to say something like "well at least we haven't added to the injury list in a while amirite", but then remembered Murray... so, um, yeah, something.

Notes and projected lineup per bluejackets.com:
Of Note
Columbus has points in 32 of 40 games (21-8-11). … The team's 15 overtime losses lead the NHL. … Werenski leads all NHL defensemen with a CBJ-record 20 goals from the blue line this season. He is the first-ever Blue Jacket to reach 20 goals in a season and just the second blueliner in the league to hit the milestone the past three seasons (Toronto's Morgan Rielly, 20 last year). … Werenski is also set to play in his 300th career game. ... Nyquist has goals in three straight. … Alexander Wennberg earned his 200th career point with an assist Saturday night. … The Blue Jackets are in the midst of a stretch of six straight games vs. Western Conference foes. … The Blue Jackets are a combined 11-4-2 on Western Canada trips since 2014-15.
Projected Lineup
(Subject to change)

Gustav Nyquist - Boone Jenner - Nick Foligno
Alexander Wennberg - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Emil Bemstrom
Kevin Stenlund - Riley Nash - Eric Robinson
Jakob Lilja - Devin Shore - Stefan Matteau

Vladislav Gavrikov - David Savard
Zach Werenski - Markus Nutivaara
Scott Harrington - Andrew Peeke

Elvis Merzlikins
Joonas Korpisalo

Scratches: Oliver Bjorkstrand (injury), Nathan Gerbe (injury), Ryan MacInnis, Ryan Murray (injury), Gabriel Carlsson, Matiss Kivlenieks

Roster Report: Merzlikins could return to the ice for the Blue Jackets after missing around two weeks with an upper-body injury. He served as the backup to Korpisalo in Saturday night's game in Edmonton. Any changes will be known for sure after Tortorella's pregame address to the media.

No preview article on canucks.nhl.com.

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Highlights of the Canucks' last game:

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Will fall asleep for this one too. Does this mean my interest is waning, or I'm just getting older?

What a drag it was when they were in the Western Conference.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I wasn't going to stay up, but I think I am going to take the day off from work tomorrow.

I woke up this morning and decided I didn't want to go in tomorrow. I'm like a dog with a bone when I don't want to go to work the next day.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Do these idiots not know that you absolutely have to hit the net with a shot when the D man is pinching in on an odd man rush

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Do these idiots not know that you absolutely have to hit the net with a shot when the D man is pinching in on an odd man rush
Or shoot for a favorable rebound for the other oncoming forward... But instead a player with hands of stone attempts a finesse pass and the puck doesn’t sniff net or shot. Par for course anymore

Reactions: DJAnimosity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad