Post-Game Talk: GAME #70: Canucks 4 vs. Rangers 1 (Boeser, Motte x2, Virtanen)

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Oh NOW they win.

Even as a guy that loves watching the Canucks compete hard at all times, this is getting annoying.

-Be competing up until the trade deadline.
-Edler and friends get hurt which causes us to lose games and miss the playoffs.
-We go on a late season winning streak and screw our draft lottery chances.

I’m happy for the Canucks but this is annoying.

member 290103

giphy.gif

Haha, id like this but responding to too many of his posts has seen my ability to like be taken away.

Reactions: The Drop

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Well, that was weird. Did not see that coming.

++ Eriksson finally scratched.
-- Granlund takes up the space he left. Why am I not surprised.
++ Refs finally doing something in our favour.
-- This isn't 2011 when it would have mattered.
++ Pettersson came back from being elbowed in the face by Kreider.
-- Rousell is apparently out for the season after skating into a Ranger.
++ Leivo came back from injury.
-- Leivo came back from injury.
++ We won!
-- We won.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Kind of win you don't need. Canucks, of course, can't lose when they should. As in the past few years the team doesn't know how to tank and instead looks for garbage wins. Just the way it is. Kreider did a lot to gift us this game.

Good

Motte - guy is excellent skater and that's crucial in the present NHL. Funny that the low profile Vanek trade worked out better than the higher profile ones like the Burrows trade. Points out how much better we might be if so many other players had been moved (Hamhuis, Vrbata, Richardson etc., etc,) instead of being lost for nothing. Sometimes you get lucky but you have to create chances for that luck as well. Motte was pretty clearly the best Canuck in this game

Markstrom - not a lot of work but again very solid.

Levio - nice pass on the Boeser goal and good on the forecheck.

Edler - thought he was good defensively and moved puck mostly fairly well. Far from perfect but still important in the win

Biega - hardly took wrong step in this game. One thing Biega does for the younger players is to provide a passing outlet.

Stecher - big improvement over the last couple of games. He is increasingly showing himself to be very good one on one.

Poor

Goldobin - so little pep in his game. Sluggish puck movement and shoved around in one on one play.

Virtanen - yes he scored but he was fighting the puck all game and looked lost at times. Stick handling remains an issue.

Pettersson - got to be said - he was liability in this game. Not finishing the season well and looks overwhelmed physically. Hopefully team not playing him injured

Others

Beagle - had some good moments on the PK and provided some needed physicality

Pearson - some decent shifts in the third but overall was AWOL. Needs to get more involved

Granlund - not great but one of his better efforts. Seems to always do better against the bottom feeding teams. Steps up in class and he's negated.

Sautner - showing himself to be near NHL standard. Has good wheels and actually able to push some offense in this game. Development seems back on course

Brisebois - skating was fine and able to move puck effectively. Like to see him get more game time so that we can get a better look at where he is.

Gaudette - again flashes of high level play. Absolutely should be getting more ice time and in more situations. What is the harm in doing that at this point in the season?????

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Oh NOW they win.

Even as a guy that loves watching the Canucks compete hard at all times, this is getting annoying.

-Be competing up until the trade deadline.
-Edler and friends get hurt which causes us to lose games and miss the playoffs.
-We go on a late season winning streak and screw our draft lottery chances.

I’m happy for the Canucks but this is annoying.
Welcome to my world my friend.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
How do you tell players to lose on purpose? You don't usually make the NHL without a certain amount of pride and competitive spirit. We don't have a lot of skill and depth on our team, which is why we're in the bottom 6.

The players didn't write the contracts or create the systems. I hate the bitching and complaining when they get their occasional wins.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Louie Eriksson will have been paid $28M of his $36M salary by the end of this season.....$8M left to pay him over the next few years..Hopefully,Benning (and LE) can come to some mutual termination of his contract.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Welcome to my world my friend.

:D. Glad to be on board.

Like I said - it’s not in me to cheer against the Canucks even if the ends justifies the means (via high draft pick). I just can’t do it.

But still - this is just ridiculous. Where was this effort against Vegas? And the game before that......where you know......the games actually mattered?

I’m glad that Benning and friends are getting the boys to compete hard most nights, but this is infuriating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad