GDT: Game #7 Wings vs Avs: October 17th 2013, 7 PM MST | A serious case of Elder Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 116861

One of Guenin or Wilson should be scratched, they suck as a pairing.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Avs have the worst fan base on this board. The team is winning and people are still complaining about d pairings being wrong, Roy not making any changes etc...

Just be happy the team is winning. Enjoy the ride for however long it lasts. You'll have plenty of opportunities to complain when Avs finally lose the 1st game because they aren't going 82-0

AvsfanJack

Jun 30, 2013
Windsor
Avs have the worst fan base on this board. The team is winning and people are still complaining about d pairings being wrong, Roy not making any changes etc...

Just be happy the team is winning. Enjoy the ride for however long it lasts. You'll have plenty of opportunities to complain when Avs finally lose the 1st game because they aren't going 82-0

I have been reading the entire thread and saw one person mention a bad pairing. So who exactly are you talking about? If your referring to us wanting Barrie in the lineup, that is't a knock against the other guys. We're allowed to favor certain players. Nobody complained about Roy and his choices. Except for the one guy who mentioned the Wilson-Guenin pairing. Calling us a bad fanbase is pretty extreme with 1 person complaining.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO

Give them some time... One thing that is very undervalued anymore in hockey is chemistry...they have had what...TWO games together? Let them get to know one another and how they play...

This is going to take some time. We arent going to be contenders with perfect defense over night. That said the effort has DEFINITELY improved...the scheme will come along with it in a slower fashoin

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hopefully Duchene has a great game with Babcock watching closely.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Give them some time... One thing that is very undervalued anymore in hockey is chemistry...they have had what...TWO games together? Let them get to know one another and how they play...

This is going to take some time. We arent going to be contenders with perfect defense over night. That said the effort has DEFINITELY improved...the scheme will come along with it in a slower fashoin

I think a big part of their struggles are their individual skill sets, not chemistry. I don't mind Roy riding his lineup until a loss. I just would like to see Barrie play instead of eating nachos. I have faith Roy will change things up when needed.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland

Oh, the irony.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I have been reading the entire thread and saw one person mention a bad pairing. So who exactly are you talking about? If your referring to us wanting Barrie in the lineup, that is't a knock against the other guys. We're allowed to favor certain players. Nobody complained about Roy and his choices. Except for the one guy who mentioned the Wilson-Guenin pairing. Calling us a bad fanbase is pretty extreme with 1 person complaining.

I don't mind people saying they want to see Barrie play or whatnot, but Roy is doing what any smart coach would be doing, don't fix if it's not broken. You don't shake up a winning roster.

Actually so far the only change has been Barrie being scratched because Wilson is back. The reason Roy scratched Barrie is because he openly said he wasn't happy with Barrie's play.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Oh, the irony.

I know this means that I myself complain alot, which is true. But you wont see me complain when the team is winning.

You wont see me complain if the Avs lose their next couple of game in a row. But I'll complain if the 6-0 record turns into 6-4 6-6 or 6-7

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
I think a big part of their struggles are their individual skill sets, not chemistry. I don't mind Roy riding his lineup until a loss. I just would like to see Barrie play instead of eating nachos. I have faith Roy will change things up when needed.

I can see that, but Guenin has been pretty darn good on the PK and still fairly new to the Avs roster. Wilson just came back from an injury and is still getting back into game shape. I am probably with you that I would rather see Barrie than Guenin but his PK work is why he is still on the roster.

I would like to see Holden get his chance too. He looked good in the preseason.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yes. Unfortunately, Roy said no changes.

Fire him

It should be Guenin. Wilson is obviously way better, he just needs to shake off the rust.

Hopefully Duchene has a great game with Babcock watching closely.

Duchene usually gets up for this team, he'll score a hattrick.

Oh, the irony.

LMAO

Thanks for quoting bubba.

member 116861

I think putting Barrie with one of them would help out a lot because they need a speedy puck mover on that pairing.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
I think putting Barrie with one of them would help out a lot because they need a speedy puck mover on that pairing.

Agreed thats why Barrie was so effective with Hejda...but he struggled early on.

Honestly I hope they are trying to find a way to get EJ a legit partner...even if its in the offseason.

Unknown - EJ
Hejda - Barrie
Wilson - Benoit
Sarich

With Siemens and Bigras coming in at some point. I could see Siemens and Barrie as a very good pairing for years to come with us and maybe Bigras and Johnson if we never make the Staz trade everyone talks about.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Man, I miss Forsberg. Combine Landeskog, Duchene, and PAP and you pretty much get Forsberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->