GDT: Game: 7: Wings @ stars 8:30 pm et 1/26/21 (FSD)

bedtime20

nap nap
Nov 30, 2018
Metro Detroit
The only way we have a chance of winning is if they put Oettinger in net. Besides that, the team is going to all have to be at 110% if they expect to win.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I don't understand you guys.

Are you new to hockey? We often win games that we were never going to win, and we often lose games that we were never going to lose. Since like forever.

Let's do this... hat trick from Abdelkader incoming!

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
That split series with Chicago was so awful even for our recent standards.

I know Blashill is still here to be a "developmental coach" but those two games were some of the worst effort I've seen by a pro team. He has to get these guys ready to play, and preferably with SOME structure.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
It could be worse. We could be the Rangers and be dead last. We could have won the lottery. We could have drafted 0-6 LaFreniere. Also it’s minus 48 windchill here in Saskatoon this am.

Reactions: 14ari13 and MBH

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Hopefully by this game we don't have players in the lineup that weren't even good enough to make the initial taxi squad.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
The only way we have a chance of winning is if they put Oettinger in net. Besides that, the team is going to all have to be at 110% if they expect to win.
110% of a negative number is a bigger negative number. You're asking for 10% more suck.

Big losses both games, will be lucky to avoid a shutout for the series considering nobody can score now that Bobby's hot streak is over. 5-0 and 6-1 blowouts, team starts felling sorry for themselves and go on a losing streak until the next BH series. Losers. Glad I didn't buy Center Ice or whatever the heck they're calling NHL TV now.

Reactions: bedtime20

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
That split series with Chicago was so awful even for our recent standards.

I know Blashill is still here to be a "developmental coach" but those two games were some of the worst effort I've seen by a pro team. He has to get these guys ready to play, and preferably with SOME structure.
we got swept we didn’t split

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Unless their name is Svechnikov. Because let's be honest, he should have been on the taxi squad to begin with.

How the f*** does Riley Barber get promoted to the Taxi Squad while Svech stays in Grand Rapids?
There's more to this story.
Not sure what it is, because from my understanding, Svech is a well-liked character by players. And generally, players liked by teammates are liked by coaches.

Reactions: lilidk and Realgud

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Oh my god, we are gonna get killed.

Stars are so bumped up and still mad like hell after the final loss.

I don't know. Can't predict things on a game-by-game basis.
You just never know when a team takes a day off or when they they get motivated. If I gambled, I'd stay the f*** away from hockey.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
How the f*** does Riley Barber get promoted to the Taxi Squad while Svech stays in Grand Rapids?
Not sure what it is, because from my understanding, Svech is a well-liked character by players. And generally, players liked by teammates are liked by coaches.
Shiny new toy, besides that Barber has done more in the AHL. Chances are pretty good that neither will work out, would not be surprised if Svech goes to the KHL next season and Barber isn't re-signed when his contract is over.

I was hoping for the team to be watchable this season, but apparently that's not the case so who really cares anymore? Svech or Barber, what difference does it make if Mantha's going to half ass it for the next 4 years?

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
Maybe Barber gets promoted over Svech because he’s just... a better player than Svech? Alternatively, maybe it’s because Svech is fighting an undisclosed injury or Covid. More and more it’s looking like he isn’t in the future plans.

Reactions: NickH8

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Rangers have too many kids at defence who can't.... play defence.

It's kind of funny, it's a mirror image of our defence, where 5 guys can't play the puck, only Hronek can.

In Rangers defence, only Trouba can defend, + 4 skilled kids with kid flaws and Brendan Smith.

Just good proof how you will need good balance to be succesful.

redwings8831

Jan 16, 2009

Isn't he still out/rehabbing from the injury in training camp?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->