It's getting to be that time I believe

159efc1c431ba44ff0c3b90065c0131f.jpg

Reactions: KnightofBoston

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
M

Mistaken again. Firstly I discussed the issue and finished up with you specifically. Then when LSC subsequently responded I felt it fair to do the same with them since their comments started this whole digression. But we seem to be mutually incomprehensible, hence my expressed incredulity.

Take it easy out there champ.

Actually that's incorrect. You voiced that you're still not ready to forgive Marchand. Someone else said this thread was depressing, and then I merely commented agreeing with that sentiment. You then quoted me directly and came up with the time tested classic"if you don't like it, leave" attitude, and I responded to you saying your expectations for what a message board should be are fundamentally flawed. But hey, have at it hoss. You go right ahead and absolve yourself of anything and pretend it was me doing something to you.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
M

Mistaken again. Firstly I discussed the issue and finished up with you specifically. Then when LSC subsequently responded I felt it fair to do the same with them since their comments started this whole digression. But we seem to be mutually incomprehensible, hence my expressed incredulity.

Take it easy out there champ.

Thanks, and I agree. Time to move on from this one.

Nope. I've been over the loss for quite awhile. If you made any genuine effort to actually read the thread you'd know that. It is indeed just a hockey game. But I still enjoy dissecting and reflecting on it, and most importantly considering what our team can learn from it for the season ahead, and it seems that others do too.

I simply found your comments to be rude, unproductive and pointless, so I decided to call you out on it. If people still want to talk about something, I really don't see why it should have to bother you. If you think it's a waste of time then just let them be. But make of it what you will, I'm moving on from this.

Astonishing. I give up.

1+1+1 =3 there "Champ"

And here you are still talking about.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
1+1+1 =3 there "Champ"

And here you are still talking about.

Wow, you went to all that effort when I'd already agreed with your 3 times remark and was actually just explaining why that was the case, the mistake rather being to think that I'd moved on from the topic as a whole in the first instance rather than from your part in the discussion specifically?

And you think I'm wasting my time...

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Wow, you went to all that effort when I'd already agreed with your 3 times remark and was actually just explaining why that was the case, the mistake rather being to think that I'd moved on from the topic as a whole in the first instance rather than from your part in the discussion specifically?

And you think I'm wasting my time...
Yes, five seconds of clicking the multi quote button was a real bitch. :laugh:

And yet here you still are talking about it...

Reactions: LSCII

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
They won 15 playoff games last year - Tampa won how many? Oh yes ZERO

For those of us who were in the building, the second St. Louis goal sucked the life out of the fans and more importantly the players.

The second period lacked emotion - they needed to make something happen and couldn't. I don't think the Bruins respected the Blues and that was the fatal mistake. The Blues were an exceptional road team in the playoffs as Winnipeg, Dallas and San Jose found out.

Wasn't addressing Tampa Bay. They aren't a particularly physical club.

St. Louis was, and they handed the B's a beat down. All I'm saying is that Boston needs to regain a greater physical presence and intimidation factor.

Reactions: BMC

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Should have given the Conn Smythe to Binnington Jersey for that goal save on Marchand on the PP in the 1st.

It took more than 15min for the Blues to get a shot and they scored on a perfect deflection goal.

Everything went the Blues way in the first and when they scored their 2nd goal late in 1st, they were able to play their shell game and didn’t allow much rest of the game.

Those can’t compete hot takes are laughable.

Look at game 7. Tell me they "competed."

I'm not down on the B's. I'm down on the idea that they don't need size & a mean streak.

Reactions: BMC

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

I'm not down on the B's. I'm down on the idea that they don't need size & a mean streak.

Did you not watch the f***ing first period?

They didn't just compete, they dominated. But they had bad luck and couldn't get anything in, Marchand missed an open goal, so did Mojo. Even after the O'Reilly goal the Bruins continued to push the pace of play the rest of the period until Marchand's dumbass line change made it 2-0. Then StL just trapped the rest of the way.

I just can't take this persistent narrative from half this board that we're too soft and got manhandled or something dumb like that. They were one OT goal away in game 2 or one penalty call in game 5 away from winning that cup.
But tHiS iS a SoFt TeAm AnD wIlL nEvEr WiN wItHoUt EnFoRcErZ!1!!1!

member 96824

look, I recognize that there’s very little chance you’ll come off this stance...but the Bruins outshot the Blues 27 to 10 through 40 minutes. If you don’t think that’s even competitive, I don’t know man...

Blues barely touched the puck in the first and after the second goal, the Blues sent 5 guys to do nothing but clog the middle and block shots. They packed it in and the B’s couldn’t do anything about it. In the third? Yeah, the compete wasn’t there...frustration settled in and the air was completely out of the building.

If Marchand doesn’t peel off for 8 seconds of extra rest, they win that game. Not a doubt in my mind..they were easily the better team in the first 30-35 minutes. It wasn’t even close from a compete aspecting

None of that has to do with having a “mean streak”...what does that even mean? they led the NHL last year in fights and were second in PIMs. Did they have that mean streak 2 days before when they beat the Blues 5-1 on the road?

Yoko Ono

Jun 8, 2019
Never should have went 7 the Headshot Champs did their job to perfection. I just wish the Looze would have played Washington so we could have watched 2 failed franchises in one cup final. Bruins should have gotten there last season and played the Golden Knights would have been a fun series with both teams matching up well in skill and speed.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Never should have went 7 the Headshot Champs did their job to perfection. I just wish the Looze would have played Washington so we could have watched 2 failed franchises in one cup final. Bruins should have gotten there last season and played the Golden Knights would have been a fun series with both teams matching up well in skill and speed.
Is this an alternate timeline you are referring to or do I just need to get a decoder ring?

Reactions: LSCII

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
It’s an absolute embarrassment that there are fans on this board saying the team “didn’t show up” or “didn’t compete” in game 7. The sheer volume of visual and statistical evidence that has to be ignored. Just staggering.

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I don't give a damn that they outshot the Blues 27-10 in the first period. Once that second goal went in the net it was game over. Everybody in the building knew it including and especially the Bruins. They did not play championship caliber hockey after the first period and that is a fact.

"Domination" is worthless if it isn't reflected in the final score, we've all watched other sports where one team absolutely crushes it statistically but still loses in the end.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I don't give a damn that they outshot the Blues 27-10 in the first period. Once that second goal went in the net it was game over. Everybody in the building knew it including and especially the Bruins. They did not play championship caliber hockey after the first period and that is a fact.

"Domination" is worthless if it isn't reflected in the final score, we've all watched other sports where one team absolutely crushes it statistically but still loses in the end.

Your last paragraph completely changes the topic. No one said “oh it’s okay they lost, they tried”. The issue is with the liars who claim that the team didn’t compete. You saying “the final score is all that matters” just proves your absolute refusal to grasp a simple point.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Your last paragraph completely changes the topic. No one said “oh it’s okay they lost, they tried”. The issue is with the liars who claim that the team didn’t compete. You saying “the final score is all that matters” just proves your absolute refusal to grasp a simple point.

No one said they didn't compete.

I wrote that they need size and physicality. I also wrote that St. Louis manhandled them, and they did.

PS "Mean streak" means playing Gordie Howe, Ted Lindsay, Cam Neely, Milan Lucic hockey. I also love Bob Gainey, Patrice Bergeron, Larry Robinson, Nicholas Lidstrom hockey. Sue me.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
look, I recognize that there’s very little chance you’ll come off this stance...but the Bruins outshot the Blues 27 to 10 through 40 minutes. If you don’t think that’s even competitive, I don’t know man...

Blues barely touched the puck in the first and after the second goal, the Blues sent 5 guys to do nothing but clog the middle and block shots. They packed it in and the B’s couldn’t do anything about it. In the third? Yeah, the compete wasn’t there...frustration settled in and the air was completely out of the building.

If Marchand doesn’t peel off for 8 seconds of extra rest, they win that game. Not a doubt in my mind..they were easily the better team in the first 30-35 minutes. It wasn’t even close from a compete aspecting

None of that has to do with having a “mean streak”...what does that even mean? they led the NHL last year in fights and were second in PIMs. Did they have that mean streak 2 days before when they beat the Blues 5-1 on the road?

Fancy stats, unite.

Again. They lost.

Reactions: Strafer

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

No one said they didn't compete.

I wrote that they need size and physicality. I also wrote that St. Louis manhandled them, and they did.

PS "Mean streak" means playing Gordie Howe, Ted Lindsay, Cam Neely, Milan Lucic hockey. I also love Bob Gainey, Patrice Bergeron, Larry Robinson, Nicholas Lidstrom hockey. Sue me.

Mods, merge as you will.

Were the Bruins manhandled by the Blues in the Cup final?

Is Brett Ritchie enough to fill that void?

The Bruins lack the size, strength and mean streak *still* necessary to compete in the NHL, never mind winning it all.

Boston management appears unable, or umwilling, to address this aspcect of the game. They do so at their peril.

Two cents.

Not only did someone say they didn’t compete. YOU said they didn’t compete.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
The game wasn’t over after 1 period we were the home team and just needed a good second period and to make it 2-1 before the third so pressure was on St Louis. We didn’t come close to scoring again until it was 4-0 and late in the third.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad