2019 Stanley Cup Final Game 7 still stings

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Guessing you loved when Samuelsson went low on Neely too?

No way are the two hits comparable.

Did you like it when undersized Gryzlyk turned into the hit in G2 and we lost the series? He should have gotten out of the way preferably by going low on the guy targeting him.

neelyforpresident

Dec 25, 2007
Washington
To all who say, “this one will sting for a long time/forever,” I ask: do you think a 2020 Cup raise would erase the feeling as completely as 2011 did the Flyers series the year prior?

For me, I think it would go even further. To see this core advance to four Final series and win two is more than I could possibly ask for ex ante. Sure, they would have had the talent to go 3/4, but the wonderful and terrible thing about the league is its parity.

I’m still pissed about the Patriots two Super Bowl losses to Eli and company (I don’t speak their name) despite their success ever since. This SC loss will forever piss me off no matter how many cups they might win in my lifetime.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
I know the Buckner play was game 6, and I was only 8 years old at the time, but I'd imagine that if they hadn't won in 2011, that this loss would be equal or greater in levity as the 86 Sox.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I know the Buckner play was game 6, and I was only 8 years old at the time, but I'd imagine that if they hadn't won in 2011, that this loss would be equal or greater in levity as the 86 Sox.

I’m not sure we lose. Maybe we don’t drop G2.

It sucks last 2 cup losses our leaders insisted on playing when they were badly hurt and unable to make a difference.

Also I know SJ was very banged up but this group struggles to close I’m not sure we don’t choke the Cup away vs them.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Has it been confirmed who slashed Marchand in the scrimmage? I remember seeing it in person and knowing it was a stupid idea at that moment even though I was loving the spirit of the event.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Has it been confirmed who slashed Marchand in the scrimmage? I remember seeing it in person and knowing it was a stupid idea at that moment even though I was loving the spirit of the event.

What turned out worse, that decision or the decision to let Jordan Binnington keep his NHL chances on life support and play for our AHL team?

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
For whatever reason, I'm slowly getting over it. I think it's the changing of the seasons. And my casual fan friends saying "They made it to Game 7 of the SCF, dude..."

Anyhoo.. I suppose I'll start watching some hockey in a month or so.

Reactions: rfournier103

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
The series loss along with Carlo and McaAvoy not being re-signed yet along with the team not really doing anything other than mojo has me having a real hard time getting into the team this season. I mean I believe for this group this was their last chance and now instead of being 2-1 they're 1-2 when it comes to winning SCFs. They were the superior talented team and played like dog shit. All the wave flagging ceremonies were for nothing.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
For whatever reason, I'm slowly getting over it. I think it's the changing of the seasons. And my casual fan friends saying "They made it to Game 7 of the SCF, dude..."

Anyhoo.. I suppose I'll start watching some hockey in a month or so.
Making it so far and losing feels worse than never being in it, it's something I think a lot of casual fans don't get. Bruins have had more dramatic losses than any other franchise in history.

Reactions: fin8 and Aeroforce

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I must have blacked out during game 5.
I just watched the highlights for the first time and holy hell did we dominate that game.
Shoulddve been up at least by 2 maybe 3 minimum after the first alone.

Last edited:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Making it so far and losing feels worse than never being in it, it's something I think a lot of casual fans don't get. Bruins have had more dramatic losses than any other franchise in history.

They really are a group of chokers is what it comes down to. That got lucky in game 7 against MTL in 2011

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad