Post-Game Talk: GAME 7... of the regular season: Canucks 1 @ Jets 4 | 7GP, 7 cities, 4-3-0

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Hopefully they split up Hutton & Guddy, they don’t play well together, both play an aggressive style in the defensive zone and at times over extend themselves leaving the slot/backdoor open. Would much rather see...

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Stecher
Pouliot-Gudbranson

Or..

Hutton-Tanev
Edler-Gudbranson
Pouliot-Stecher

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Hopefully they split up Hutton & Guddy, they don’t play well together, both play an aggressive style in the defensive zone and at times over extend themselves leaving the slot/backdoor open. Would much rather see...

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Stecher
Pouliot-Gudbranson

Or..

Hutton-Tanev
Edler-Gudbranson
Pouliot-Stecher

The first option was already tried and it was a disaster. Pouliot has, not surprisingly, looked a lot better away from Gudbranson. Edler-Gudbranson was a thing late last season and it was actually the best Gudbranson has looked as a Canuck. That being said, considering Edler is currently playing nearly 25 minutes per night it would be very difficult to pair him with Gudbranson without bleeding goals.

Reactions: THE Green Man

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
The first option was already tried and it was a disaster. Pouliot has, not surprisingly, looked a lot better away from Gudbranson. Edler-Gudbranson was a thing late last season and it was actually the best Gudbranson has looked as a Canuck. That being said, considering Edler is currently playing nearly 25 minutes per night it would be very difficult to pair him with Gudbranson without bleeding goals.

Put Biega instead of Gudbranson for 2 of each 3 games, or 3 of each 4.

Biega does a better job, but due to his size has to rely on his effort level, and would get worn down playing every game. Rest him every 3rd or 4th game.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Missed this game. The reviews on Gudbranson are confusing. Was he good or bad? These opinions are opposed.

Exactly. This is why sports are fun. I may think JV, BB, played like crap and the next guy thinks they played awesome. It’s so funny to me to read the hate about Gudbranson when 98% of people on here know nothing about gap control, transitional regrouping vs transitional counter , grey zones , stretch skating etc. Just a bunch of couch potatoes typing “player XXX sucks”.

Reactions: Literally

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Stecher
Pouliot-Gudbranson

Or..

Hutton-Tanev
Edler-Gudbranson
Pouliot-Stecher

Edler- Stecher
Hutton- Tanev
Del Zotto/Pouliot - Biega

Or, if you really want to resemble that you're really rebuilding, see what you've got in Juolevi and give him a cup of coffee in the NHL.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
It was a very close game until the 3rd..All in all,a very impressive road trip..Good start for the Canucks.

Even though its a small sample size,I like all the players that Benning signed over the summer...All seem to be making an impact,especially Beagle...For all those forecasting the Canucks falling off a cliff in Dec/Jan...I'm not seeing it (If.....they can remain relatively healthy).

I liked Adam Gaudettes game against the Jets,hopefully he builds off that while EP is out.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
It was a very close game until the 3rd..All in all,a very impressive road trip..Good start for the Canucks.

Even though its a small sample size,I like all the players that Benning signed over the summer...All seem to be making an impact,especially Beagle...For all those forecasting the Canucks falling off a cliff in Dec/Jan...I'm not seeing it (If.....they can remain relatively healthy).

I liked Adam Gaudettes game against the Jets,hopefully he builds off that while EP is out.
Schaller isn't very good, but that contract isn't crippling either. He's only had one good game so far. Beagle I always liked the signing in terms of the player, but that contract is so bad with the term unfortunately. Rousell has been pretty good as well, but the penalties will catch up with him along with the contract to make himself a headache. Hopefully Virtanen can learn a bit from him playing on the same line with the constant energy Rousell has.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Schaller isn't very good, but that contract isn't crippling either. He's only had one good game so far. Beagle I always liked the signing in terms of the player, but that contract is so bad with the term unfortunately. Rousell has been pretty good as well, but the penalties will catch up with him along with the contract to make himself a headache. Hopefully Virtanen can learn a bit from him playing on the same line with the constant energy Rousell has.
Every team has a couple of Schallers. I think he’s been pretty effective for the most part. Rousell is a pretty good third liner on a not too bad contract, I can see him becoming a fan favourite and yeah he will get some penalties but he’ll draw his share as well.
Overall, the bottom six is greatly improved over last year.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
So please enlighten us on how Gudbranson has been doing on all those parameters....cause the on ice product looks like crap and the results speak for themselves.
Responding to Johnny Canucker’s self-righteous post.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Every team has a couple of Schallers. I think he’s been pretty effective for the most part. Rousell is a pretty good third liner on a not too bad contract, I can see him becoming a fan favourite and yeah he will get some penalties but he’ll draw his share as well.
Overall, the bottom six is greatly improved over last year.
See but those other teams Schaller's typically are not making a 1.9M cap hit. But again with it being only 2 years it's not the end of the world. The Rousell contract is a year too long for my taste but at least it's not like Beagle being signed until he's 37

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015

Beagle got the Canuck injury bug early the rest of big Benning signings are yet to get theirs...stay tuned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad