GDT: Game 7! Er... // Penguins @ Oilers // Oct 23 @ 7 PM MST // TV: SN-1

Who is currently the best hockey player in the world?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Well Nurses goal and Yamomotos goal is already 2 so plan the parade your prayers have been answered

I meant regulation. Nurse's goal was 3 on 3.
Yamamoto's goal was the only regulation goal scored when McDavid is off the ice.

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
My prediction: People will say we didn't "show up" or put "effort" into this loss tonight, the reality will be that Pittsburgh has the faster players and the ability to make 10 foot passes we can't.

But hope I'm wrong. McDavid vs Crosby, atleast we know McDavid likes to prove a point in this matchup. Possibly, we could get carried into narrow victory if the stars align and/or Pittsburgh comes in hungover.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Bold Predictions (besides the previous one)

Strome scores, Draisaitl has strong game with Marody on his wing/sharing Center duties.

Bouchard ends up on the top PP during the 2nd PP of the game.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Hope Pulju and the coaches have taken a hard look at his game As of late and has atleast a decent game.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Oilers win 4-1, but McDavid is totally kept off the board. People complain about how our best player isn't performing now, even though team depth showed up for once. All is right in the Oilerverse.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Stole this from the comment section at Lowetide's:

Oiler Goal Share after 6 games (3-3-0)
Even strength (5v5, 4v4, 3v3):
McDavid On Ice 6-2 (75%)
McDavid Off Ice 2-9 (18%)
Special Teams (PP+Shorties For-PK+Shorties Against):
5-5 = Net 0
Empty Net Situations:
0-3
Net Goal Differential -6

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Schultz rocking a cool 38% CF.

Rocking a nice PPG pace, and about .50 PPG or better for the last 3 years as well. Oh also rocking a nice contribution to a Stanley Cup victory. It's almost as if the player who was touted as having really good offence, and had good offence as an Oiler, is a good offensive D-man. How nice would that look right now with a D that can barely put pucks on net, make outlet passes, and doesn't have the stick skills to keep pucks in at the blue line. But of course, he's "lazy" because he was getting overhwhelmed on a shit Oilers team with no help and no support around him.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Rocking a nice PPG pace, and about .50 PPG or better for the last 3 years as well. Oh also rocking a nice contribution to a Stanley Cup victory. It's almost as if the player who was touted as having really good offence, and had good offence as an Oiler, is a good offensive D-man. How nice would that look right now with a D that can barely put pucks on net, make outlet passes, and doesn't have the stick skills to keep pucks in at the blue line. But of course, he's "lazy" because he was getting overhwhelmed on a **** Oilers team with no help and no support around him.

Jeez Louise.

Find a time machine or move on.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I'm calling a Yamamoto GWG immediately after the War Pig rings one off the post. The Oilers gain control, head up ice and Yamamoto buries it.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Jeez Louise.

Find a time machine or move on.

Im in the wrong thread for this subject I'll admit. It really should be saved for the eventual and/or ongoing fire ALL management and owners threads. But we Oilers fans are always trying to figure out what's wrong with our team? Why do we SUCK? At least acknowledging past mistakes is one step in figuring out that seemingly eternal question. So a disagree that just cause something is in the past it can't be discussed.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I dont know if I can watch tomorrow....got a lung infection that is just about killing me as it is without going off like one of those Hitler rant videos...

Take care of yourself, I hope that you get better real soon.

Reactions: Aerrol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->