Gillies - MacKenzie - Boll

Johnson - Wisniewski
Tyutin - Nikitin
Moore - Aucoin

Mason
Bobrovsky

Inactive
Atkinson (IR), Calvert, Savard

**Note due to weather in Minnesota the Jackets are not flying out until 11:00am. There will be no morning skate so lines will not be known until game time**

wild_logo.svgz

Lines
Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Bouchard - Granlund - Setoguchi
Cullen - Brodziak - Clutterbuck
Torrey - Kenopka - Powe

Suter - Gilbert
Brodin - Scandella
Falk - Stoner

Backstrom
Harding

Inactive
Kassian, Spurgeon

Twitter News

@Aportzline "#CBJ still planning to leave Columbus @ 11 a.m. bound for St. Paul. Flight was grounded last night because of fog in Columbus and St. Paul."

‏@Aportzline "Backstrom to start for #mnwild tonight vs #CBJ."

@jrimercbj "#CBJ will start Steve Mason against #Wild tonight here in Minny. Decision was made prior to last night's win over Dallas."

‏@Aportzline "#CBJ coach Todd Richards indicated that one of his players is banged up, might not play tonight vs. #mnwild. But, if healthy, same lineup."

@RobMixer
No a.m. skate which likely means #CBJ lines aren't changing: 18-42-15, 71-19-22, 11-17-16, 9-10-40. Pairs the same, Mason starts in goal.

“@jrimercbj: Appears that Matt Calvert will not play tonight. Took part on early minutes of pre game skate but left early. Mackenzie draws in vs #Wild”

“@RobMixer: If Matt Calvert is the #CBJ player out of the lineup tonight, I'd look for Mark Letestu to move up. Possibly to the Dubinsky line.”

Last edited:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Not a lot of good feelings about this one.

Back-to-back, on the road. We have no offense right now and Minny has some firepower, at least on that top line.

This is a recipe for an ass beating, therefore I predict a win. We'll find a way to stay out of the box and that is nearly 50% of Minny's offense.

I'm surprised by our 1.7 GPG average, however it is far more surprising in that there are two teams worse than that.

At least we are out of the central division cellar, for a game at least.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Not a lot of good feelings about this one.

Back-to-back, on the road. We have no offense right now and Minny has some firepower, at least on that top line.

This is a recipe for an ass beating, therefore I predict a win. We'll find a way to stay out of the box and that is nearly 50% of Minny's offense.

I'm surprised by our 1.7 GPG average, however it is far more surprising in that there are two teams worse than that.

At least we are out of the central division cellar, for a game at least.

Add to it that they are flying there today and not having a morning skate.

5-1 Jackets

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
We're ripe for a let down on the road after a couple hard played games at home. So I agree with Blah, we'll likely win this one is typically defiance of hockey logic.

2-1 Jackets. RJ with the Hat Trick.

BJFan1

Feb 6, 2008
Columbus
We're ripe for a let down on the road after a couple hard played games at home. So I agree with Blah, we'll likely win this one is typically defiance of hockey logic.

2-1 Jackets. RJ with the Hat Trick.

Prediction:

RJ obtains elite HoF status by becoming the only player in history to have a hat trick with only 2 goals :sarcasm: :D

Serious Prediction:

CBJ carry over steam from the win, Mason comes up big playing tonight.

Jackets win, 3-1, JMFJ with the empty netter.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I think the Wild will be hungry for a win after their debacle in St. Louis. Only way that the Jackets win this one is if they are able to lock the game down into a defensive struggle.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
We have everything going against us with the same day travel thing. We need this win, lets see if they can pull one out.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
I think we could actually get the win tonight. it will be tough and we'll have to play a full 60 no doubt, but I think we could do it. I'd be 100% happy if we walk away with a point tonight. Thursday is the game I am worried about most with the Blues coming into town.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
6-2 Jackets - Jack Johnson find a way to use the old hidden puck trick in Wiz's shorts and Wiz does a running slip and slide dive into the Wild goal for 6 goals. Taking out both Backstrom and Harding like bowling pins.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Jeff Rimer ‏@jrimercbj
#CBJ will start Steve Mason against #Wild tonight here in Minny. Decision was made prior to last night's win over Dallas.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Jeff Rimer ‏@jrimercbj
#CBJ will start Steve Mason against #Wild tonight here in Minny. Decision was made prior to last night's win over Dallas.

While not completely disagreeing that Mase deserves another shot, how exactly does a goalie get that hot streak going as in "ride the goalie with the hot hand"? Bob was pretty good last night but now he sits. :dunno:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
too many back to backs for that type of thing imo...i don't think he's trying to screw up a streaky goalie...i think he's trying to keep both fresh and healthy...

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
While not completely disagreeing that Mase deserves another shot, how exactly does a goalie get that hot streak going as in "ride the goalie with the hot hand"? Bob was pretty good last night but now he sits. :dunno:

With this schedule it's just not going to happen.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
too many back to backs for that type of thing imo...i don't think he's trying to screw up a streaky goalie...i think he's trying to keep both fresh and healthy...

that may be the case but with 48 games in 99 days it doesn't get easier. Bob and Mase rotating all year?

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Can't believe it took this long for Portzline to tweet something about Konopka today.

@Aportzline "How @zenonkonopka explained his respect/friendship w #CBJ RW Derek Dorsett: "I let him hold my bunny. I won't let just anybody do that.""

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
that may be the case but with 48 games in 99 days it doesn't get easier. Bob and Mase rotating all year?

Bob 32 starts, Mase 16. That seems to be the current pace and is probably what we can expect. I think they split all the back to backs unless we are on the bubble down the stretch and Bob is on fire.

Of course, Mason could always shut out the Wild tonight and we'll be rethinking everything. I look foward to the competition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad