GDT: Game 7 7pm Sabres vs Golden Knights (end of season series)

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Watched the game with a friend, so no posting tonight while he was here because I didn't want to be rude. Couple of observations. This was obviously the most complete game we've played thus far. Good balance up front. The 4th line set the tone early & the first line picked it up in the last half of the first & the rest of the game.

Wild Bill, Smitty & Marchy were buzzing the entire game. Nice to see them break out. I expect them to start rolling now.

The second line is troubling. I'm not the biggest Haula fan to begin with & he's REALLY struggling to start the season. Patches looked alone out there trying to play with his 2 linemates. They have zero chemistry.

It seems like the forwards are all being extremely responsible in our end & that needs to continue with this makeshift defense. I liked the addition of Hunt tonight & he should stay in the lineup even when Engellend is ready to come back. Sit Merrill or Holden....or both preferably.

Anyone else notice the ice tonight was a disaster? I can't remember a hockey game where so many players went down without contact or even an opponent within 3 feet of them. It looked like half the Knights lost an edge at some point during the game, but I imagine their equipment was just fine. Guys were struggling to corral the puck on breakouts & stick handling was a problem the entire game. The ice crew needs to remedy that pronto. Seems pertinent when our team game is built upon speed.

Solid win tonight. I told you the sky wasn't falling! :thumbu:

Haula and Patches need to hit the bar or discuss this through. It's horrible to watch them wasting their potential. It's not really a surprise to me that 2 scorers/snipers get nothing done. I saw Haula with very little effort to forecheck, but then again he is playing center. For me it comes to Patches not being a good forechecker. Not blaming Hyka for the lack of synergy in the line, but he really isn't supporting their plays and doesn't look like a playmaker.

a) 2nd line was decent at best defensively
b) 2nd line sucked offensively, even though they should be the most offensive line we have
c) 2nd line had absolutely horrible pass quality (thanks to bad positioning & lack of communication maybe?)

Reactions: Supermassive

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Let's be happy with the win, PP goal, scoring more than 2 & the resurgence of the top line. A lot of things are coming together, and even though Theodore's goal doesn't count he should have more confidence moving forward.

There's still a handful of players that need to get going, but it's a step in the right direction.

Patches, Haula and Miller will probably continue to struggle to score for a few more games, certain childish posters of a certain fanbase will troll, then Patches & co. will go on a tear because that's what happens in the National Hockey League over an 82 game schedule.

Last edited:

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Let's be happy with the win, PP goal, scoring more than 2 & the resurgence of the top line. A lot of things are coming together, and even though Theodore's goal doesn't count he should have more confidence moving forward.

There's still a handful of players that need to get going, but it's a step in the right direction.

Patches, Haula and Miller will probably continue to struggle to score for a few more games, certain childish posters of a certain fanbase will troll, then Patches & co. will go on a tear because that's what happens in the National Hockey League over an 82 game schedule.

:cheers:

Well said. I'm thinking once the second half of the season rolls around, that second line is gonna be dangerous and we will be back to cursing Freakin Eakin again.

The blueline goals will come. As long as we keep getting them from elsewhere (our lord and savior Cody Eakin), it's all good. I like that we are putting forth the effort all game that was key to our success last season. Last game felt like we got our mojo back.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I worry about the second line because Stastny seemed to be the one who would be the playmaker for Pacioretty and Haula but without him, I wonder if the chances will be much harder to come by for those two.

Stastny seems like such a good choice to plug in there that his absence may really hurt the team.

Reactions: Supermassive

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I worry about the second line because Stastny seemed to be the one who would be the playmaker for Pacioretty and Haula but without him, I wonder if the chances will be much harder to come by for those two.

Stastny seems like such a good choice to plug in there that his absence may really hurt the team.

He's made a career out of 30 goal seasons playing with 3rd line centers.
Haula had 12 of his goals on the power play last season.

The big offseason signing, Stastny, would be nice, but they'll make do. Especially with Tuch coming back. :vhappy:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad