GDT: Game 7 7pm Sabres vs Golden Knights (end of season series)

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
CJhRvppb7eGVG.gif
CJhRvppb7eGVG.gif
CJhRvppb7eGVG.gif

MARCHY EMPTY NETTER!!!!!!

Reactions: Nevada Jones

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Sabres absolutely smothered Pacioretty tonight. The goals will come.

Fortunately they did a much better job covering him than they did the top line. :pickle:

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Watched the game with a friend, so no posting tonight while he was here because I didn't want to be rude. Couple of observations. This was obviously the most complete game we've played thus far. Good balance up front. The 4th line set the tone early & the first line picked it up in the last half of the first & the rest of the game.

Wild Bill, Smitty & Marchy were buzzing the entire game. Nice to see them break out. I expect them to start rolling now.

The second line is troubling. I'm not the biggest Haula fan to begin with & he's REALLY struggling to start the season. Patches looked alone out there trying to play with his 2 linemates. They have zero chemistry.

It seems like the forwards are all being extremely responsible in our end & that needs to continue with this makeshift defense. I liked the addition of Hunt tonight & he should stay in the lineup even when Engellend is ready to come back. Sit Merrill or Holden....or both preferably.

Anyone else notice the ice tonight was a disaster? I can't remember a hockey game where so many players went down without contact or even an opponent within 3 feet of them. It looked like half the Knights lost an edge at some point during the game, but I imagine their equipment was just fine. Guys were struggling to corral the puck on breakouts & stick handling was a problem the entire game. The ice crew needs to remedy that pronto. Seems pertinent when our team game is built upon speed.

Solid win tonight. I told you the sky wasn't falling! :thumbu:

Last edited:

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Watched the game with a friend, so no posting tonight while he was here because I didn't want to be rude. Couple of observations. This was obviously the most complete game we've played thus far. Good balance up front. The 4th line set the tone early & the first line picked it up in the last half of the first & the rest of the game.

Wild Bill, Smitty & Marchy were buzzing the entire game. Nice to see them break out. I expect them to start rolling now.

The second line is troubling. I'm not the biggest Haula fan to begin with & he's REALLY struggling to start the season. Patches looked alone out there trying to play with his 2 linemates. They have zero chemistry.

It seems like the forwards are all being extremely responsible in our end & that needs to continue with this makeshift defense. I liked the addition of Hunt tonight & he should stay in the lineup even when Engellend is ready to come back. Sit Merrill or Holden....or both preferably.

Anyone else notice the ice tonight was a disaster? I can't remember a hockey game where so many players went down without contact or even an opponent within 3 feet of them. It looked like half the Knights lost an edge at some point during the game, but I imagine their equipment was just fine. Guys were struggling to corral the puck on breakouts & stick handling was a problem the entire game. The ice crew needs to remedy that pronto. Seems pertinent when our team game is built upon speed.

Solid win tonight. I told you the sky wasn't falling! :thumbu:

Great post! I wasn’t able to post during the game either, but I agree with everything. Wild Bill has finally gotten into his groove! I think Holden has been decent, but I’m biased. It was nice to kick Buffalo’s asses after the garbage performance against them last week.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->