GDT: Game 68: Seattle (37-23-7) at San Jose (19-36-13) - 7:30pm PDT / 10:30pm EDT

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Please, please, please. One more point is all I ask.

Bah, I do not like starting with this trio.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
If the Kraken lose this game, my optimism for the playoffs is toast
Hope your optimism remains on the upswing. Wait unti we see what happens with those two games againsst Nashville. Then, we all might start to panic.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Pretty good evening of sports for me. I great match between Auger-Aliassime and Alcaraz at Indian Wells followed by a real nail-biter of a Kranken,. If Felix had won, the evening would have been perfect.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
That was ugly but eff it a wins a win. We beat a team we were supposed to beat. We badly need a spark soon i.e burakovsky back asap.

Hopefully we take confidence from today into some tough upcoming games

Easily forgotten, Gru was solid today. Stepped up big time. Should be 1st star in my opinion.
Feels like he's been pretty solid since the all star break. If Jones keeps struggling I'd like to see where Dreidger is at though.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
That was some ugly hockey and after that Sharks goal I really thought we'd lose again against Karlsson, Couture, Hertl and the San Jose Barracuda.

Still, the guys at least found a way to win this one and got a vital two points.

Gotta hope the team's able to play better given the schedule starting on Saturday.

But hey...gotta celebrate them wins...
giphy.gif

Not very happy with the play today but I will take the win. Worries me though. Need to clean up a lot of crap.

Yeah, that's basically what it's about right now.
Not going to win much by playing pretty, just got to find a way to get points.

Overall the team seems a bit nervous right now.
Maybe the pressure of being in a tight playoff race is getting to them.

Easily forgotten, Gru was solid today. Stepped up big time. Should be 1st star in my opinion.

Yeah, he made a couple of very good stops and was only beaten by a penalty shot.

That was ugly but eff it a wins a win. We beat a team we were supposed to beat. We badly need a spark soon i.e burakovsky back asap.

Hopefully we take confidence from today into some tough upcoming games

The team feels a bit out of sorts and it feels like they're having trouble handling the pressure of being in a playoff race.

But we'll see.
Feels like he's been pretty solid since the all star break. If Jones keeps struggling I'd like to see where Dreidger is at though.

Driedger's been better as of lat and currently has a .917 SV% with 2.62 GAA and a 3-2-0 record.

So if things keep on going the way they have been for Jones, I wouldn't mind giving Driedger a start before the end of the season.

Reactions: Kevinsane

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
"Maybe the pressure of being in a tight playoff race is getting to them"
That was some ugly hockey and after that Sharks goal I really thought we'd lose again against Karlsson, Couture, Hertl and the San Jose Barracuda.

Still, the guys at least found a way to win this one and got a vital two points.

Gotta hope the team's able to play better given the schedule starting on Saturday.

But hey...gotta celebrate them wins...
giphy.gif

Yeah, that's basically what it's about right now.
Not going to win much by playing pretty, just got to find a way to get points.

Overall the team seems a bit nervous right now.
Maybe the pressure of being in a tight playoff race is getting to them.

Yeah, he made a couple of very good stops and was only beaten by a penalty shot.

The team feels a bit out of sorts and it feels like they're having trouble handling the pressure of being in a playoff race.

But we'll see.

Driedger's been better as of lat and currently has a .917 SV% with 2.62 GAA and a 3-2-0 record.

So if things keep on going the way they have been for Jones, I wouldn't mind giving Driedger a start before the end of the season.
"Maybe the pressure of being in a tight playoff race is getting to them". Likely. It is one thing to feel like you're a playoff team/dream/hope/have fun, but another to be near the end and realize the spot is yours to lose. Kraken, with scoring (when they do) on all four lines), are actually built for the playoffs, IF they get there. They are a poor faceoff team, and now teams, to slow how good the Kraken are coming fast up the ice, are really forechecking Kraken hard, with extra guy sometimes, to tire us (like we do other teams). Really need to work on getting out of the D-zone, especially unforced casual errors that have cost us goals this year The good news is that no one will be happy with the way they played, so maybe they step up the game VS OIL.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
"Maybe the pressure of being in a tight playoff race is getting to them"

"Maybe the pressure of being in a tight playoff race is getting to them". Likely. It is one thing to feel like you're a playoff team/dream/hope/have fun, but another to be near the end and realize the spot is yours to lose. Kraken, with scoring (when they do) on all four lines), are actually built for the playoffs, IF they get there. They are a poor faceoff team, and now teams, to slow how good the Kraken are coming fast up the ice, are really forechecking Kraken hard, with extra guy sometimes, to tire us (like we do other teams). Really need to work on getting out of the D-zone, especially unforced casual errors that have cost us goals this year The good news is that no one will be happy with the way they played, so maybe they step up the game VS OIL.
And holy crap were those "unforced casual errors" in our zone noticeable yesterday. I do agree that we tend to struggle against hard fore-checking teams because of issues exiting our own zone when there is no space given to the skaters.

Things could have been really bad early yesterday if the Sharks would have capitalized on some of those defensive turnovers we had. Gru helped out and the fact that the Sharks are not a top team also worked in our favor.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad