Post-Game Talk: Game 68 - B's wake up with 10 minutes left and score 5 goals - BRUINS 6 Whalercanes 4 FINAL

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
First two were maddening. Some of the worst hockey they've played all year. The good thing is that I think lost focus is the main culprit the past month when they play bad. Once they regain focus they seem to be able do what needs to be done. I doubt they will lose focus once the playoffs start. This team when healthy and dialed in = monstrous.
hope they get healthy, sure didn`t sound good tonight reading about the latest B`s who couldn`t finish the game

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
what a game...zoned out for most of the 2nd but glad I kept watching.

So happy for Grzelyck and Heinen. Great job stepping up.

Also to all the D too that third period. Good job to Sweeney for getting Holden....he looks very solid and even more important with all the injuries now.

I love this team.

Gotta say...this has been one of the most exciting, enjoyable hockey seasons in a while.

The days of Jimmy Hayes and Kemppainen..Bartkowski and Trotman...seem so long ago

Deep down I'm sure you miss Kemp-watch.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
At 4-1 I kept saying just start with one.
Then one goes in.
Then my grounded son comes out of his bed room and I say “sit down and watch why you never give up”
Then number two go’s in the back of the net.
Then I say one goal at a time.
Then number 3 goes in and me and the boy keep the celebrations going.
Then the over the glass happens and me and the boy look at each other with a glow because we knew it was time to take the lead.
Woooooo thanx for the life lessons for my boy Boston Bruins....

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
So they X-ray your head now for a concussion... Interesting

Call me when someone reliable has some news..

This is not directed at you btw :)

Waiting for information is frustrating, but I really don't like the speculation on personal injuries that is really out of control in sports now. If it's not coming from the team via player rep, I don't even think it should be allowed. It all seems to be borderline HIPAA violation.

Reactions: Alicat and Thrive

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
With about 13 minutes left in the 3rd Chara appeared to catch a rut going back for the puck and crashed into the boards by the Bruins net.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
At 4-1 I kept saying just start with one.
Then one goes in.
Then my grounded son comes out of his bed room and I say “sit down and watch why you never give up”
Then number two go’s in the back of the net.
Then I say one goal at a time.
Then number 3 goes in and me and the boy keep the celebrations going.
Then the over the glass happens and me and the boy look at each other with a glow because we knew it was time to take the lead.
Woooooo thanx for the life lessons for my boy Boston Bruins....
Good lesson!!

Reactions: Btown

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
DeBrusk worries me, just because his head hit the glass earlier in the game. Didn't see Chara & Krug's injuries.

This is why you make trades to get Holden and Wingels and sign Gionta. After the MASH unit the B's rolled out in the playoffs last year, you can never have enough depth.
I feel it might be Debrusk shoulder as a couple of times he seemed to be grimacing in pain on the bench. As far as Krug it looked like maybe a groin? Re- Occurrence from last game:dunno:. I just noticed after a break-out pass he seemed to buckle a little bit at the waist and then headed straight for the bench and then the locker-room.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
I'm still in complete shock. It was like a completely different team started playing once Krug, DeBrusk and Chara went to the locker room. It was almost like losing those 3 guys forced guys to step up and pay attention to the details. I'm still at a lose of words right now because I can't believe what I just saw.

This team likes a challenge. Great team makeup here.

Reactions: Thrive and AM Bruin

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Couple of thoughts from tonight’s game...

1. This game is the microcosm of David Pastrnak. The good: the hat trick and that INSANE snipe for our 3rd goal. The bad: That brutal turnover on the blue line that led to Carolina’s 4th goal.

2. No idea how Krejci got away with carrying the puck in his hand to lead to the Heinen goal. Carolina had a legit beef on that non call. I’m sure their board’s “Referee Conpiracy Theorists” are having a field day with that one.

Ours seem to be conspicuously absent tonight......

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad