Post-Game Talk: GAME 68 - A PERFECT SIX GAME HOMESTAND - BRUINS 3 Ottawa 2 FINAL

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
You know what...nvm. I take it back. Insert another clutch team that won lots of close games that seemed to be a team of destiny. One less offensive than the Habs.

No harm intended to you guys. I've posted lots of respect on the Leafs board about the Bruins recently. Amazing run you guys are on.

Reactions: Samsonov

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
He’s starting to calm down a bit in the offensive zone which is good. Just don’t think it comes naturally for him at that end of the ice.

Could still see him with a 30 point season here and there going forward. Kinda like Vlasic. Any points he provides are just a bonus to the defence he plays

Yes, I don’t care how many points he puts up - which is exactly why he needs to tone it down and put the puck on net.

If you’re looking for a real excuse/mitigating factor, it could be that he’s looking to get rid of the puck hard and through (often past the net) so he can be in the best position defensively.

To me it’s not a issue of offensive or defensive player, it’s about general competence that every player on the ice should display. I’d demand Allen Pedersen to put it on goal.

Carlo probably is trying to do too much. Dial it back. Although we always hear about his “developing offensive game,” it’s better for everyone if he starts on step 1.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
What were they?

A lucky team that didn’t played any of the top teams in the playoffs, that won 10 straight games in OT and that started on the road only in the 1st round.

You said that the Bruins beat TB in your post which is the #1 team in the NHL.

Nowhere near what the 93 Habs team did.

Abismal comparaison.

Reactions: jgatie

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Yes, I don’t care how many points he puts up - which is exactly why he needs to tone it down and put the puck on net.

If you’re looking for a real excuse/mitigating factor, it could be that he’s looking to get rid of the puck hard and through (often past the net) so he can be in the best position defensively.

To me it’s not a issue of offensive or defensive player, it’s about general competence that every player on the ice should display. I’d demand Allen Pedersen to put it on goal.

Carlo probably is trying to do too much. Dial it back. Although we always hear about his “developing offensive game,” it’s better for everyone if he starts on step 1.

The kids just gaining confidence. He used to hardly skate with the puck and now you see him with it on his stick in the neutral zone all the time. The more time he has the puck on his stick, the better he’ll get with putting shots on net

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->