Post-Game Talk: GAME 68 - A PERFECT SIX GAME HOMESTAND - BRUINS 3 Ottawa 2 FINAL

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Screw them….Screw them both.:thumbd:

Just in ...It wasn't pretty but it's 2 points.

They are flying out tonight. They had better pick up their game a bit if they want to continue their fabulous streak. Is it 19 ?

GO B'S !!!!!!!!!!

Yup

Last edited:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Had to PVR this one. Just finished watching the game. Now, are these Bruins awesome or what?

Followed the score board all night and was expecting to watch a real mail-it-in game against a lesser opponent but I was wrong. Ottawa had one chance to score tonight and they scored on two of them. Bruins had at least 10 chances to score tonight and they got 3. That's the way it goes some times but this game wasn't nearly as close as the score would indicate.

I love my Bruins how ever they come but they sure are making it easy lately.

Marchand , not even God would have stopped that snip. :thumbu:

Wagner, boy is picking up his game right when it matters. Easy to like his game , but he's making it ridiculously easy at this point.

Is it just me or wasn't it Halak's turn tonight?

Krejci is having himself a season. With all the setbacks he's had to endure over the last few seasons , sure is nice to see him excel when the stars finally align for him. :clap::clap::clap:Only Bruin to play every game this season, who would have thunk?

Reactions: Ladyfan

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Wagner now with 11 goals 5 on 5 is 2 behind Krech and 3 behind JDB in that stat. He deserves to move up, been saying that for a bit now.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I really don’t think Carlo aims when he shoots. He just whacks the puck hard in the general direction of the goal. It really could go anywhere. And often does.

Maybe a little less hammer and a little more purpose. Center of net and low.

Nobody should miss the net by the distance he often does.

Reactions: LouisSleigher

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Not sure where your hate is coming from for the guy holy Christ. I watched the same segment and he was telling a humorous story about Cam Neely which I rather enjoyed but whatever.
Yep...I like Friedman a lot and nothing he said tonight was a shot at the Bruins; just was a interesting story...

Reactions: Wiggleboom

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
If the Bruins are healthy, this team is capable of beating any team in the NHL. Three of the top six forwards out and still rolling. While some Leafs promoting "analysts" may say the Bruins should be nervous about getting behind in game and that coming back isn't sustainable, I would say to them, it worked twice in the playoffs against the Leafs in game 7s in recent history. I would think the opponent should be nervous that no lead is safe, the Bruins just keep rolling and their mental strength is unbelievable. They remind me so much of the 2011 team, coming back from 2 games down in the Final, refusing to give up no matter what happened, rallying after the dirty hit on Horton. I don't want to get ahead of myself but, damn, this is exciting to watch!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
D1SclqyX4AEgaTu.jpg:large

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Wasn't pretty but got it done.

These types of games are the dangerous ones, with the 2 teams being at very different levels.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I remember when it seemed like an 85 year old guy would have a soft, quivering sounding voice. Excellent voice and call of the game. We lost our legend in Cusick and it seems like this guy is the same kind of guy.

Bob Cole is from Newfoundland and still lives there. He freely admits Cusick was a role model for him along with Montreal's Danny Gallivan as the old WHDH radio come in like a local in Atlantic Canada at night.

Fred was 78 when he retired in 1997 from the Bruins but continued for a few years calling Lowell (AHL) games until 2002. The only reason he gave up the Bruins games was the new arenas in the NHL had broadcast positions too far from the ice for him to see clearly.

Between him and Bob Wilson we were spoiled with the best.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Bob Cole is from Newfoundland and still lives there. He freely admits Cusick was a role model for him along with Montreal's Danny Gallivan as the old WHDH radio come in like a local in Atlantic Canada at night.

Fred was 78 when he retired in 1997 from the Bruins but continued for a few years calling Lowell (AHL) games until 2002. The only reason he gave up the Bruins games was the new arenas in the NHL had broadcast positions too far from the ice for him to see clearly.

Between him and Bob Wilson we were spoiled with the best.
I'm not too familiar with Cole, but the voice of Fred still gives me chills when I hear it on youtube. You're right when you say we've been spoiled. (Ken Coleman, Ned Martin, Johnny Most, Gil Santos, etc as well). I'm sure some day people will say the same about Jack.

Also, I know I'm in the minority here, but I like Doc Emericks call when "the peacock swoops in and steals one". :laugh:

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Morning, people! Got drunk with a coworker, had to keep track of the game on my phone.

I don't even care about the cup or the playoffs at the moment. I'm just happy that this crazy ride ain't over yet!

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Watching on CBC in Canada. After Ottawa scored to go up 2-1 with 16 minutes to play Greg Millen says "I wonder if that's the end of the magic?"

I said out loud "thanks. We just won that game." And we did.

I also wondered what his producer thought of him saying that. I don't think I would have been happy, at all.

Reactions: Chief Nine

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Between Hrudy and Glenn Healy I’ve never been able to figure out who lost more money betting on a Vancouver cup.

I just suspect they did. And they still haven’t forgotten.
Jim Hughson and Simpson lost LOTS.

I remember Simpson wouldn't call an obvious dive, a dive. "Kadri fell on the play."

I don't find Hrudey as bad as the rest.

Reactions: easton117

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Watching on CBC in Canada. After Ottawa scored to go up 2-1 with 16 minutes to play Greg Millen says "I wonder if that's the end of the magic?"

I said out loud "thanks. We just won that game." And we did.

I also wondered what his producer thought of him saying that. I don't think I would have been happy, at all.

Millen HATES the Bruins. You can hear it in his voice whenever he calls games.

I'm admittedly a huge Bob Cole mark, but hopefully with Cole riding off into the sunset they tell Greg Millen to stay home from now on.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I really don’t think Carlo aims when he shoots. He just whacks the puck hard in the general direction of the goal. It really could go anywhere. And often does.

Maybe a little less hammer and a little more purpose. Center of net and low.

Nobody should miss the net by the distance he often does.
He’s starting to calm down a bit in the offensive zone which is good. Just don’t think it comes naturally for him at that end of the ice.

Could still see him with a 30 point season here and there going forward. Kinda like Vlasic. Any points he provides are just a bonus to the defence he plays

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad