Post-Game Talk: GAME 68 - A PERFECT SIX GAME HOMESTAND - BRUINS 3 Ottawa 2 FINAL

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
People undervalue or underestimate team chemistry. Ference was always talking about the chemistry of the team in 11' and 13'. You cant overstate how much you need that going forward. We're seeing something build and build over the last two months. They stepped up. For each other and for the team. Its impressive and it gives me the warm fuzzy feels.

You just got to sit back and admire the adversity they've gone through and continued to step up. Keep doubting us local media, national media, etc

We're coming. Watch out.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Glad I got to watch the city feed for tonight's game. Listening to Bob Cole call his last Bruins game was something special. Another game that the score did not reflect the effort. Somewhat of a worrying trend, but as long as we got Tuuka back there we have a chance to win even with an anemic offense.
Halak has been great too

Bruins struggling with injuries this year may be a blessing. So many guys got to play big minutes and come up and perform. That strengthened the Base and they mostly showed they were capable. Last year depth hurt them huge. This year it is the strength.

Last edited:

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
In a nutshell, he said the Bruins can't keep playing comeback hockey because it's not sustainable. It'll end eventually and they should be a little nervous about how they've been winning games lately.
Ya but that evaluation is correct

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
They dominated the game and should have had a comfortable win. Random stuff happens sometimes. The result was as it should have been, so that commentary is dumb and wrong.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I just watched HNIC postgame and Friedman is a joke going on about Bruins losing to Hawks in last minute..He hates Bruins and so does Kypreos.
Screw them….Screw them both.:thumbd:

Just in ...It wasn't pretty but it's 2 points.

They are flying out tonight. They had better pick up their game a bit if they want to continue their fabulous streak. Is it 19 ?

GO B'S !!!!!!!!!!

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
During this stretch/streak, they are picking up wins & points because of their overall defense and goaltending when they haven't played a full 60, That is not a bad thing.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
This team has elite mental toughness. They had major adversity throughout the season and in so many games. Yet they never slump. Even within games they rarely have two bad periods in a row. The consistency has been remarable. I cant remember a mentally tougher team.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
— The team’s current point streak is the second-longest in team history. The franchise record is 23, which the 1940-41 Bruins set when they went 15-0-8-0 from Dec. 22, 1940 until Feb. 23, 1941.

— Boston has been particularly successful on TD Garden ice. It’s earned 10 straight home victories, which is the longest run in Boston since a 14-game win streak from Oct. 25, 2008 to Jan. 1, 2009.

The 2014-15 Bruins strung together a franchise-leading 15-game point streak at home, while the current B’s squad sits at 12 (10-0-2).

— Saturday’s win marked the end of a six-game homestand, which the Bruins swept. That’s just the second time in team history they’ve done that, with last season’s group being the other team to accomplish the six-game home sweep.

The only other franchise that’s executed a pair of six-game homestand sweeps in their history is the Florida Panthers, who did so in the 2015-16 and 2017-18 seasons. Only six teams have accomplished the feat even once (Bruins, Panthers, Philadelphia Flyers, Edmonton Oilers, Detroit Red Wings and Los Angeles Kings).

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Tuukka is elite right now as in Tim Thomas in 2011.

Krejci is 1c on most teams right now. I love how he is being a clutch performer.

This Bruins team is special. Mentally tougher than any team I've seen in the past 20 years. I'm confident they are as good or better than TB. They've had zero adversity this season and they're about to if they face the Bruins.
There were past Bruins teams that would have rolled up like party whistles after giving up those two gift goals. Not this crew. I don’t know if anyone has mentioned them yet, but strong performances from Backes and Acciari - who frequently take a beating on some posts in our group. Nice win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad