GDT: GAME #68 - 3/11 1 PM EST - Philadelphia at BRUINS | NESN, NHLN, SN1, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
C6pCJMLWcAEt8xQ.jpg:large

best_crop_025f399a3d16edaa9fc7_Spring_Forward_-_Clipart_Kid_graphic@2x.jpg

Rbn9qvP.jpg

ipWhq4x.jpg

TipiIWE.jpg

25Lnqgj.jpg

gkKV9lF.jpg

Swgu7Ly.jpg

403408_3848456250142_1103170913_n.jpg

Todays's Officials

130p_joannette.jpg
130p_pochmara.jpg

Referees Marc Joannette (25), Brian Pochmara (16)
Linesmen Matt MacPherson (83), Scott Driscoll (68)

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt

WAYBACK MACHINE

BOSTON vs PHILADELPHIA, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Flyers are meeting for the 192nd time in their histories with the Bruins having a 102-60-21-8 record and 631-560 scoring edge in those games.

The Bruins are 56-24-11-5 in their 96 home games of this lifetime series with a 340-264 scoring advantage in those contests.

The Bruins have taken points out of 10 of their last 11 games vs. the Flyers at 8-1-2, including a 3-2 shootout loss in Philadelphia on 11/29 & 6-3 win in Boston on 1/14 in the 1st 2 games of this season’s series, with their lone regulation loss in that span a 3-2 road setback on 1/13 of last season … They are 17-4-3 in their last 24 games vs. the Flyers overall & they are 6-0-1 in their last 7 home games of this lifetime series with the Flyers’ last regulation win in Boston a 2-1 victory on 10/6/2011.

Fun Fact – The Flyers are 1 of 3 teams (OTT, TB), who have never swept the Bruins in a season series.

TODAY’S GAME

The Bruins host the Flyers today in the 3rd & final game between these teams and the 2nd of 2 this season at TD Garden … The Bruins are 35-26-6 thus far this season with an 18-14-0 mark on home ice … They are 7-9-5 vs. Metropolitan Division opponents and are 23-16-6 vs. Eastern Conference teams this season.

The Bruins are concluding today a stretch in which they have played 5 of 6 games on home ice (3-2-0 so far) … They will next face their longest remaining road trip of the season from 3/13-20 (VAN-CGY-EDM-TOR).

They are playing their 10th of 13 afternoon games today & they are 7-2-0 in matinees so far.

They are wearing their 3rd uniform system today for the 13th of 15 games this season … They are 5-6-1 in those games so far.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Dominic Moore is 2 goals short of his 100th NHL goal.
Tuukka Rask is 2 wins short of his 200th NHL victory.

INJURIES (136 total man-games lost)

Ryan Spooner – Concussion suffered 3/6 at OTT; Has missed 1 game
Tim Schaller – Lower body injury suffered 3/8 vs DET

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20162017/[email protected]?1489205678000

If one can borrow a popular phrase for the weekend, the Boston Bruins, despite winning nine of their first 12 games under interim coach Bruce Cassidy, find themselves squarely on the playoff bubble as they host the fading Philadelphia Flyers on Saturday.

Hoping to end a two-year run of failing to make the playoffs, and reacting well to the firing of Claude Julien and the hiring of his replacement, Boston starts play Saturday two points ahead of Toronto in the Atlantic Division, with the Maple Leafs holding a game in hand.

But that's not the only problem -- the surging New York Islanders hold down the second wild card and have one fewer point than the Bruins with a game in hand.

"I want this team to feel they can win every night," said Cassidy, who is 6-1 at home after Wednesday night's 6-1 hammering of the Detroit Red Wings at TD Garden. "I don't want them to be cocky, but they should be confident. They have to be."

The Bruins should be confident, because their best players have been outstanding. Brad Marchand has seven goals in seven games, 15 in the last 17 and 22 in the last 26. The top two centers, Patrice Bergeron and David Krejci, have been on fire under Cassidy, and David Pastrnak has a seven-game points streak. Newcomer Drew Stafford has three points in three games.

Toss in Tuukka Rask's 31 wins in goal and a defense that has started scoring under the new coach and you have a 9-3 record.

The Flyers have been riding a roller coaster all season and Thursday's loss in Toronto left them 5-7-2 in their last 14 games -- not the kind of second-half run that leads to the playoffs. They open play Saturday five points behind the Islanders for the second wild card while also trailing Toronto and the Tampa Bay Lightning.

"We just have to turn the page and focus on Boston," Philadelphia coach Dave Hakstol said after Thursday night's loss. "... You have to make sure you're able to be clear-minded and get back and do a little bit better job the next time out, because the next points become even more critical."

The Bruins, who open a four-game trip in Vancouver on Monday night, have taken three of a possible four points from their longtime rival this season -- the Flyers winning 3-2 in a shootout in Philadelphia and Boston scoring a 6-3 home win on Jan. 14. Marchand had two goals and three assists in that game.

Rask is 6-2-3 with a 2.26 goals-against average and .933 save percentage lifetime against the Flyers. Steve Mason, passed over for Thursday's game in Toronto and up and down like his team, is 6-2-3 with a .226 GAA and .933 save percentage against Boston. He starts Saturday.

Already missing Ryan Spooner because of a concussion, the Bruins, who had been 100 percent healthy until this week, lost Tim Schaller to a lower-body injury Wednesday. Neither was at practice Friday.

The home surge under Cassidy reverses what had been a problem for Boston, which struggled to stay at or near .500 at TD Garden through much of the season.

"We've been playing well here for a little while now," said defenseman Torey Krug. "Our record is starting to separate wins and losses here at home, and if we can take another step forward (Saturday), it would be huge."

Boston plays three games in four nights out west and then ends the trip with an important game at Toronto on March 20.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
only catching first period then plane bound for Jamaica. I have a gut feeling the B` s will, once again, expose a team who`s never heard of the word defense

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
only catching first period then plane bound for Jamaica. I have a gut feeling the B` s will, once again, expose a team who`s never heard of the word defense

How long is your vacation ? Have a blast !

I hate the Flyers.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HRE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
How long is your vacation ? Have a blast !

I hate the Flyers.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HRE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

I hate the Flyers too, but it doesn`t run as deep as my hatred for the Habs

We are gone only for a week. Mrs Odaat is now in College and this is her reading week. I went over board, got us (really her) butler service at a Sandals resort. While I`m grateful for the chance to spend a week together, I`m more excited that she can exhale and release the stress of school

GO B`s. I`m sure I`ll be checking in from time to time on here, part of my morning routine is sipping coffee, pounding the keyboards trying to annoy as many as possible:yo:

B`s take this one bigly 6-2

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Screw the flyers.

I dunno why, but each year I see them play they just seem to give me more reason to intensely dislike them. I think I dislike them more than Pittsburgh or Vancouver. If I had to make a list of teams I hate in hockey, Montreal is 1, and Philly is probably 2...

That said, go Bruins. Would love to see the team get Tukka a shutout today.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Gotta send this team off on the long road trip in a good frame of mind, say, 4-1?

Thanks, Fenway, for the time change reminder. I plan to set the alarm for 1:55 AM so I'll be in time for the two o'clock reset.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Gotta send this team off on the long road trip in a good frame of mind, say, 4-1?

Thanks, Fenway, for the time change reminder. I plan to set the alarm for 1:55 AM so I'll be in time for the two o'clock reset.

That was my score prediction as well.
Let's see!

Me, I love a matinee and I'll be there with the old man today. So psyched.

Gave my hotel **** for advertising "Flyers fan drink specials" at check in. WTF??

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Fenway you bring it :handclap:

I'm going with my bud as my kid is on Spring Break

Been practicing my leg sweeps and choke holds in case I have to be third man in on Ladyfan

My bud will be putting on the foil

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia

We did get Mrs. ODAAT's note explaining your situation and the board members have agreed that you can be excused for the 2nd and 3rd for this one occasion! :laugh:

Safe travels and have yourselves a wonderful vacation.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Thank you Fenway for your GDT prematch post. They are a thing of beauty. Jeez must take you some time and just want to say it is appreciated. Go Bruins.. get the Philly hopes away as soon as possible. This is the last ho e game before an important road stretch..

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Can't afford to take any team lightly. End the home stand on a positive note and hammer another nail in the Flyer's resting player for another season. Time to make another all important bank deposit today B's!

Let's Go Bruins!

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Thank you Fenway for your GDT prematch post. They are a thing of beauty. Jeez must take you some time and just want to say it is appreciated. Go Bruins.. get the Philly hopes away as soon as possible. This is the last ho e game before an important road stretch..

This too! Appreciate the GDTs, Fenway. I know what a PITA they are!

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I hate the Flyers too, but it doesn`t run as deep as my hatred for the Habs

We are gone only for a week. Mrs Odaat is now in College and this is her reading week. I went over board, got us (really her) butler service at a Sandals resort. While I`m grateful for the chance to spend a week together, I`m more excited that she can exhale and release the stress of school

GO B`s. I`m sure I`ll be checking in from time to time on here, part of my morning routine is sipping coffee, pounding the keyboards trying to annoy as many as possible:yo:

B`s take this one bigly 6-2

I lurk more than post these days but I came here to say good on you ODAAT. Mrs. Paddington quit her career in the insurance industry to go back to school. I'm happy to say that her hard work has paid off and she is now a nurse but I saw how much school beat her down. Pamper your lil' lady this week. She deserves it and you'll get big time brownie points.

As for the game, I'm feeling pretty confident for this one.....which means they'll probably lose. It's a refreshing feeling when I go into a game expecting them to play well rather than hoping they play well.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Good game Ladyfan... hope you don't need to drop the gloves with dumb people this afternoon ;)

It's my turn today:sarcasm: We usually have Flyers fans next to us, especially for a weekend game:rant: I detest the Flyers, only Habs are ahead on the hate meter :). Bringing the foil for my knuckles just in case:yo:

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
It's my turn today:sarcasm: We usually have Flyers fans next to us, especially for a weekend game:rant: I detest the Flyers, only Habs are ahead on the hate meter :). Bringing the foil for my knuckles just in case:yo:

Don't poke the Bear(s)! Those Flyers fans won't know what hit them when the sisters go all Incredible Hulk on'em.:popcorn: You keep them all in line today.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad