GDT: Game 67 - BRUINS invade Windy City - 12:31 PM | NBC, TVAS. 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
TV: NBC - Doc Emrick (play-by-play); Eddie Olczyk (analyst); Pierre McGuire (inside-the-glass)
28472266_602533460099992_1615674921599475528_n.jpg

upload_2018-3-11_8-15-2.png

upload_2018-3-11_8-16-44.png

upload_2018-3-11_8-17-23.png

sdut-united-center-to-keep-name-for-another-20-years-2013dec11

Today's Officials

jm02.jpg
iw29.jpg

Referees Jon McIsaac (2), Ian Walsh (29)
Linesmen Steve Miller (89), Steve Barton (59)

Ntl. Anthem Jim Cornelison
DE20110202-Jim-Cornelison.jpg

TODAY’S GAME

The Bruins visit the Blackhawks today for the 2nd & final game between these teams this season & the Bruins’ lone appearance of the season at United Center … The Bruins are 43-15-8 this season and are 18-8-4 on the road thus far … They are 5-3-1 against Central Division foes and 15-8-2 against the Western Conference.

The Bruins are playing today their 9th of 10 matinees this season (local start time 4:00 pm or earlier) … They have a 5-2-1 record in afternoon games so far.

The Bruins are playing their 13th of 16 sets of back-to-back games this season … They are currently 9-3-1 in the 1st game of those sets and are 6-4-2 in the 2nd games so far.

They are playing their 12th & 13th of 16 sets of 3-games-in-4-nights this season, as they hosted Philadelphia on 3/8, Chicago on 3/10 and play in Carolina on Tuesday … They have gone 6-5-2 in game 1s, 8-2-2 in game 2s and 9-1-1 in game 3s of those series this season.

The Bruins are opening today a 4-game road trip which will continue in Carolina (3/13), Florida (3/15) & Tampa (3/17) before returning home to host Columbus on 3/19.

THW-DocEmrickBingo_1.jpg

BOSTON vs CHICAGO, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Blackhawks are meeting for the 588th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 266-238-79-4 record and a 1,848-1,777 scoring edge in those contests.

The Bruins are 99-146-45-4 in 294 road games played between these teams with Chicago holding a 950-796 scoring advantage in those games.

These teams split last season’s series with each team winning their road game … The Bruins are 7-3-1 in their last 11 games vs. the Blackhawks, including a 7-4 win yesterday in Boston in the 1st game of this season’s series, with an 11-4-3 mark in their last 18 of this lifetime series … They are 5-1-2 in their last 8 games in Chicago.

wayback_1977.jpg

Here Come the Hawks! Chicago Stadium Organ - Frank Pellico

INJURIES / SUSPENSION (Total injury man-games lost in 2017-18: 211)

Patrice Bergeron – fractured right foot suffered 2/25 at BUF, has missed 6 games
Charlie McAvoy – strained MCL left knee suffered 3/3 vs MTL, has missed 3 games
Anders Bjork – 2/21 shoulder surgery, has missed 17 games (IR)
David Backes – Serving gm 3 today of 3-gm NHL-imposed suspension for incident 3/6 vs DET

:bruins:hawks

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Wonder if we'll see any changes to the D with the back to back. They did a job yesterday of keeping D minutes down so I guess they don't need to

Beantown1616

Jul 14, 2016
Hey, I get to watch this one!

Wondering what kind of hijinks will happen with Brad today after yesterday. Hopefully nothing bad happens, and nobody gets hurt on either team

Are we sure he's playing today? Any communications with player safety?

More than hijinks (there will be some), I am worried about department of player safety because (a) he just came back from a significant suspension and is a serial offender, (b) the hit looks bizarre (Sportsnet calling it a clothesline), (c) it looks like Duclair will miss at least some time, and (d) the non-Bruin media is running with it.

If Marchand gets suspended, given the above, you'd have to assume it would be 5+, maybe more. Hopefully I'm just freaking out.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I don't know where else to put this, and it doesn't seem worthy of its own thread, but Joey Mac has a little further explanation of the hat trick bear. Sadly there is no picture of said bear. It would be nice for them to add to it today. :)

NHL Notebook: Brian Gionta shines in Boston, Bruins continue cool hat-trick tradition & more

The Bruins have plenty of traditions, but there’s one that not many fans know about. In the trainer’s room at TD Garden, Don Del Negro has a bear’s head hanging on the wall in his office. There are roughly 38 hats draped from the bear, each one representing a hat trick, dating back to April 7, 1999 when Anson Carter produced a three-goal game during a 5-2 win over the Florida Panthers.
Next time a Bruins player completes a hat trick, you’ll see him skate around as the ice crew is cleaning up and he’ll pick one to take back to the room. Doesn’t matter if it’s on home ice or on the road, a hat is mounted.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

More than hijinks (there will be some), I am worried about department of player safety because (a) he just came back from a significant suspension and is a serial offender, (b) the hit looks bizarre (Sportsnet calling it a clothesline), (c) it looks like Duclair will miss at least some time, and (d) the non-Bruin media is running with it.

If Marchand gets suspended, given the above, you'd have to assume it would be 5+, maybe more. Hopefully I'm just freaking out.

He is playing. Already reported no hearing.

As for there being hijinks... they had all game to get at him yesterday and no one did a thing.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

No hearing, they considered it accidental.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I don't know where else to put this, and it doesn't seem worthy of its own thread, but Joey Mac has a little further explanation of the hat trick bear. Sadly there is no picture of said bear. It would be nice for them to add to it today. :)

NHL Notebook: Brian Gionta shines in Boston, Bruins continue cool hat-trick tradition & more

The Bruins have plenty of traditions, but there’s one that not many fans know about. In the trainer’s room at TD Garden, Don Del Negro has a bear’s head hanging on the wall in his office. There are roughly 38 hats draped from the bear, each one representing a hat trick, dating back to April 7, 1999 when Anson Carter produced a three-goal game during a 5-2 win over the Florida Panthers.
Next time a Bruins player completes a hat trick, you’ll see him skate around as the ice crew is cleaning up and he’ll pick one to take back to the room. Doesn’t matter if it’s on home ice or on the road, a hat is mounted.
So that’s what they do with the hat.
You should repost this in “Who we are, Where we come from.”

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I expect a chippy game.

Refs will probably be garbage since most are now.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Hey, I get to watch this one!

Wondering what kind of hijinks will happen with Brad today after yesterday. Hopefully nothing bad happens, and nobody gets hurt on either team
Quite possibly Brad will either score goals or assist other B's with goals.

I hope for a nice win with no injuries to either team !

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->