GDT: Game 66: Vegas Golden Knights @ Columbus Blue Jackets | 4:00PM | Wild Billapolooza

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
This is just that part of the movie when you start to have doubt that there's actually going to be a happy ending. You know, where they kind of double dip just prior to coming together for the climax.

I hope.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Nevada Jones

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I guess if we're gonna slump hard it's a curious time to have it happen. Do you want to be the team that drains the tank just to make it to the playoffs? Not necessarily. But do you want to be a team that goes in struggling and has to find "their best" during the playoffs?

Don't think we want that either. I think what we're seeing is complacency and lack of urgency. And that's understandable on a psychological level. The ideal scenario is we use every game to refind the strength we once had, playtest strategies, but not overexert and risk injury. But we're not even doing that right now.

The boys look disorganized and disinterested and it's really jarring when we've spent a season watching a team of underdogs play like champions. They have the capacity. They just need to find the will again.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Jesus christ my dad is a drama queen. "the magic is gone. I'm done watching this team"

Holy ****. Like not every team can be Barcelona FC
I think that if anyone wants to jump off the bandwagon because the team isn't cutting through its schedule like butter, now is the time.....

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think that if anyone wants to jump off the bandwagon because the team isn't cutting through its schedule like butter, now is the time.....
My dad was never a serious hockey fan to begin with but I thought Vegas having a team would change that.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
My dad was never a serious hockey fan to begin with but I thought Vegas having a team would change that.

That wasn't a dig on your dad, btw.

There's still hope that he gets hooked to the point that he's even rooting when the team is bad. :)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
That wasn't a dig on your dad, btw.

There's still hope that he gets hooked to the point that he's even rooting when the team is bad. :)
Doubtful. His passion is soccer and he only supports teams that do well. I thought he was a huge Man U fan until they started sucking.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Doubtful. His passion is soccer and he only supports teams that do well. I thought he was a huge Man U fan until they started sucking.
Your dad kind of seems like a tough person to deal with for someone that follows teams s closely as you do.

Go ahead and lay down on the couch.

Reactions: hangman005

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Know it's supposed to be "next man up" and all, but I think we're just not able to overcome so many injuries all at the same time. Personnel-wise, this simply isn't the same team lately that it was for most of the season. Can't discount that. And you can call it an excuse, but I'd rather call it a reason. :)

Hopefully we can get healthy before the regular season ends, and then if we're still seeing the kind of performances we've seen lately maybe jump into panic mode!

What does concern me other than injuries, though, is that for a lot of the season much was said about VGK always playing with the kind of intensity one would expect in a playoff game. We may have just now hit the wall. Just burned out. Gotta be hard to maintain that sort of energy for so long. Maybe the injuries give those banged up players a time to recharge mentally as they heal physically.

Hey, I'm trying to spin positive here, which is difficult for a person who typically sees the glass not only half-empty, but completely empty. :biglaugh:

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Columbus and LA were both playing for their post-season lives when we played them. That is the "extra gear" we've been hearing about. I wish we were fully healthy to see how we stacked up against them.

Detroit and Buffalo should hopefully be easier games. But from here on out, we've got to step is up as we have a lot of teams looking to improve their position or fighting to get in. San Jose, Colorado, Minnesota, Calgary, St. Louis... most if not all of those will be very meaningful games for the opponents.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Your dad kind of seems like a tough person to deal with for someone that follows teams s closely as you do.

Go ahead and lay down on the couch.
He doesn't really. This season is the closest he'd follow hockey. He knew stats, standings, who looked good who looked bad. The Knights' success got him looking like he might finally commit to the sport. It was something we bonded over at long distance so it's frustrating to see him just give up after a simple slump.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Heck. We (ducks) went through the ridiculous injury luck in the first half
Big difference for us is many years to build depth and absolutely have an idea o. What different roles everyone could handle.

As a new team, you guys just need some guys healthy and for your goalies to steal a game or two until your back to full complement

Our goalies are the absolute reason for us still being in the fray, but guys like Grant and Rakell stepped up to keep us in it. Keep the faith guys!!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3