GDT: Game 66 - CBJ vs MIN - 28 Feb, 7pm, @Nat

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I refuse to blame this season collapse on Seth Jones being injured....

The collapse began after our 2-0 win over Detroit... Also, injuries are an issue but we had injuries during that 23-2-4 run too....

I dont agree. I think losing Seth was almost the last nail into this 2019-20, Bjork following him was the last.

That collapse you mentioned started as a dip, most dips are normal and usually dont lead to such stretches. The new wave of injuries turned the dip into the bear market.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
What a fitting ending........a stalled board battle on the boards......players basically said, “f*** it”:laugh:

Reactions: Robert

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Avs score with under 3 mins to take the lead over carolina. Rangers lose to Philly. could catch a break with the out of town scoreboard

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The effort was there, but they are just too decimated. We have about 4-5 nhl forwards on our roster, and it really shows.

Korpi was shaky. Just dusting the cobwebs off I believe.

Other than that not much to say. Game was boring as hell to watch and I feel bad if anyone spent money to see it.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I agree there’s no way they make it. It would be a shit show like tonight if they did

All odds are stacked against them.

1. injuries. Too many and to important players. Nobody would have survive this.l, especially since they all came at the same time basically.

2. games in hand. Yes they matter:

3. March schedule is brutal.

The spark is gone for this season. I’d be willing to wager they don’t win more than 5 games until the end of the season.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
The Fat Lady ha begun to sing her song. Or we could say the chariot is now a pumpkin again.Same point,

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
We left after the 4th goal in the 2nd. I haven’t left a game that early in a long time.

The T-shirt giveaway for the Grateful Dead night was disappointing. There was supposedly a selection of shirt sizes but it seems over 3/4 of what the had was the generic “one size fits none” XL. I always find the shirt giveaways frustrating when they choose a generic size that actually fits so few people.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
We left after the 4th goal in the 2nd. I haven’t left a game that early in a long time.

The T-shirt giveaway for the Grateful Dead night was disappointing. There was supposedly a selection of shirt sizes but it seems over 3/4 of what the had was the generic “one size fits none” XL. I always find the shirt giveaways frustrating when they choose a generic size that actually fits so few people.
The arena was a graveyard with 5 mins left to go. It was like watching a train wreck. Poor effort, poor passes (if they could even get called that), no wherewithal to get the puck to danger areas, potshots from everywhere but danger areas (we love low percentage shots from the halfwall), swatting at the puck instead of skating to box players out, losing puck battles in open ice and on the boards, stacking all your neutral zone players to one side, having 3 forwards go deep and losing it, having D men jump up with no forward covering, having forward covering only to slow up and swat at it or attempt to make a hit to take themselves out of defensive position to gift odd man rush... It was so terrible that I think the NHL should make us take their logo off because that was a bloody embarrassment to their brand.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
It is not that they “want” to go home early. It is that the lineup we now feature is not even NHL caliber. Tonite we looked like the expansion team cobbled together by McLean in the early years. We probably had no more than 8 players out there that belong in the NHL. Do you realize how bad your roster has to be to get a “lift” from the return of Wennberg? Seriously, this game reflected the LOFT factor (Lack of f******* talent).

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
This team don’t wanna make the playoffs they wanna go home for the summer bro. Straight up
There's a difference between "want" and "ability." The team hasn't given up, just listen to the post game interviews, you can sense the frustration. They want to win. However, the ability to win right now, on a consistent basis, is not there. Not having one of the best defenseman in the NHL, another solid dman in Murray, two snipers, a power forward that every team would love to have, and a healthy contingent of goalies, will put a team behind the 8 ball most nights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad