GDT: Game 66 - CBJ vs MIN - 28 Feb, 7pm, @Nat

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
So glad we went yet another year with a gaping hole down the middle . Wake up Jarmo .... atleast we can watch Milano score again later tonight
To me, that was Jarmo’s big mistake this offseason.
I liked that he didn’t resign Bob or Dzingel, and realize he couldn’t Duchene or Bread. Adding Gus was good and counting on Elvis and Korpi wasn’t a mistake (forget tonight).....but counting on the current center group was poor judgement.

Reactions: The Bread Man

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Ernie facepalm.PNG

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
So there’s no mistake, I’ll add that having that top 6 center wouldn’t overcome the MASH unit issue we have with Jones being the one hill too great to climb.

Reactions: Grouchy

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Well, folks, tonight’s Jackets games is going to be preempted by Dateline NBC on my TV. There’s no mystery to the Jackets being murdered tonight.

Fairwhether

Jan 4, 2018
An interesting statistic through 2 periods the only players with a 0 +/- are Dubois, Nyquist, Peeke, Harrington everybody else in the negatives. This is losing as a team.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I refuse to blame this season collapse on Seth Jones being injured.... Nor Atkinson who hasn't done anything all season anyway… Nor Korpi since we did well when he was out....

The collapse began after our 2-0 win over Detroit... Also, injuries are an issue but we had injuries during that 23-2-4 run too..

To bad, we had it..

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Had to work late. Saw the score didn't see any of the game. Guess I didn't miss anything I haven't seen the past couple of weeks. What a shame to see this from the team that was overachieving. Not anybody's fault, just bad injury luck.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Looks like Carolina and NYR are going down tonight.....so we have that going for us, which is nice.

carolina with 2 goals in less than 2 minutes and have tied it with 12 mins to play. barring an unlikely turn of events, CBJ will once again be looking from the outside in on the playoff picture after tonight.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I refuse to blame this season collapse on Seth Jones being injured.... Nor Atkinson who hasn't done anything all season anyway… Nor Korpi since we did well when he was out....

The collapse began after our 2-0 win over Detroit... Also, injuries are an issue but we had injuries during that 23-2-4 run too..

To bad, we had it..
I will.

I mean, it's not EXCLUSIVELY because of those two, but think of it this way: If you're in a boat that's leaking. Taking on more and more and more and more water. You can keep it afloat for a while, if everyone's bailing water together. But if in the middle of that, another hole pops up, and you lose two of your biggest buckets, the job becomes impossible.

This team was surviving on goaltending, defense and timely scoring. When you lose your best defenseman (your best water bucket, if you will) the defense suffers. If you lose your best defenseman at the same time all your offensive weapons are injured, teams can attack you a lot more freely because there's not as much risk involved.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
is Shore playing tonight ?

Is there a reason you are singling Shore out? Did I miss something because I haven't seen any of the game? Looks like the score is 0-5. Seems like a lot of under-performing players. Or are you missing Sonny so you use Shore as your scapegoat. If that's the case remember Sonny wasn't a very good player here even though you'll try to come up with some statistic to try to prove he was. He wasn't.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Man...
But...

that’s all she wrote...

for the season

Yup.

But well it shouldbt be upsetting knowing that theres lots of hope for 2020-21.

The 2nd I heard of Jones injury I knew it was over.

I think the players are already golfing etc in their minds.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
So glad we went yet another year with a gaping hole down the middle . Wake up Jarmo .... atleast we can watch Milano score again later tonight
Yep... more than the middle though.... My one wish, please bring John Davidson back.... Dude bailed at the perfect time... :)

We have many great prospect goalies but zero vets... The non moves over the summer are showing now... Don't expect much next season, hate me all you want... The GM has failed this post John Davidson team...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->