GDT: Game 66: AZ @ VAN - Wed 3/7 - 8:00 PM - FSAZ - cuz Sniper said so

Without googling, what is the stickiest substance on Earth?

• Total voters

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
19-19-11 in our last 49.
12-7-6 in the 2018. .600 point percentage over the last 25. Over a 98 point pace in 2018!

I think we're in okay shape.

Our giant step backwards is down to one point at the 66 game mark. Someone hand Tocchet GM powers, quick.

Keep in mind that last year's players included Jooris, Holland, and Burmistrov. Even an out of place Domi at 3rd line C has far more to offer than the 3rd line C on last year's team.

Maybe that is the reason why the start was so disappointing and why only you and Yandover tend to like your own posts about the record. Give Tocchet the same team last year or Tippett this team this year, and the difference would be incredibly evident.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Sounds like more speculative speculating to me.

FYI, Tocc would be out of work for 6 seconds. Lavilolette and Tipp have not been rehired for a reason, because they are not top 10 coaches in the NHL. If they were, they would have been hired by now.​

Last edited:
Reactions: CC96

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
^^^

19-19-11 in our last 49.
12-7-6 in the 2018. .600 point percentage over the last 25. Over a 98 point pace in 2018!

I think we're in okay shape.

Our giant step backwards is down to one point at the 66 game mark. Someone hand Tocchet GM powers, quick.

Same as you with these comments that are meant to be sarcastic but actually say exactly what the issue is. Good thing our talent level overall increased from last year to this year.

Last year ---> This year:
Dvorak ---> Dvorak
Domi ---> Domi
Vrbata ---> Keller
OEL ---> OEL
Goligoski ---> Goligoski
Chychrun ---> Chychrun
Doan ---> Fischer
Hanzal ---> Stepan
Perlini ---> Perlini
McGinn ---> Cousins
Rieder ---> Rieder
Martinook ---> Martinook
Murphy ---> Demers
Duclair ---> Duclair
Schenn ---> Schenn
Crouse ---> Rinaldo
Stone ---> Hjalmarsson
Smith ---> Raanta
Richardson ---> Richardson

Pretty certain that given the roster was ridden of players past their prime (Doan), and ones who were only active 65% of the time (Hanzal), or the re-treads of Holland, Jooris, or Burmistrov, there is not a chance that you can tell me that we should have a similar record with a much, much better team talent level. Please tell me the bolded players that don't represent an upgrade.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Sounds like more speculative speculating to me.

FYI, Tocc would be out of work for 6 seconds. Lavilolette and Tipp have not been rehired for a reason, because they are not top 10 coaches in the NHL. If they were, they would have been hired by now.

Hard to do when ZERO, (0), nil, none, nada coaches have been fired this year. :laugh:

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Are you talking about Peter Laviolette? Last I checked he’s been Nashville’s head coach since 2014.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
RABBIT said:
i must be misunderstanding the post. Laviolette is a head coach and one of the best ones out there currently. I would **** bricks if we landed him
kimhari said:
Last I checked he’s been Nashville’s head coach since 2014.
Oh, sorry. I just copied and pasted (and very slightly modified) someone else's post from Jan 2014 ;)

Reactions: CC96

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->