GDT: Game 65: Vegas Golden Knights @ New Jersey Devils | 2:00PM | No More Boo Boo's Please

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Watched the game at World of Beer. Was too busy flirting with the waitress to pay real close attention, but from what I could see, we were very lucky to come out with the W.

Lots, of sloppy, uninterested play, especially early in the 1st. Fleury had to bail us out too many times due to bad giveaways. We need to get past all these injuries to assess the line combinations. Gonna be a struggle til we're at full strength.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Credit where it's due: Reaves played better.

I believe Reaves did what was asked of him at the end of @LAK and the entire next game, after they put two of our players in the infirmary.

I'm happy to see that once that is behind us, he can play straight hockey, if not the best hockey.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Watched the game at World of Beer. Was too busy flirting with the waitress to pay real close attention, but from what I could see, we were very lucky to come out with the W.

Lots, of sloppy, uninterested play, especially early in the 1st. Fleury had to bail us out too many times due to bad giveaways. We need to get past all these injuries to assess the line combinations. Gonna be a struggle til we're at full strength.

I didn't see our play as uninterested at any point in the game. We had a few good rushes that were stoned by Schneider early on. Sometimes it seems like vgk imposes it's will from puck drop, and sometimes it seems like it takes some fighting to get there. This game was the latter. Also, according to devils fans, the refs handed us this game. It appears that touching an attacker in front of the net is now defined as a crosscheck.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
How does Hyka fit in on the 2nd line? Is Tatar a better fit with the 3rd? I was a little surprised to see him in that spot.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
How does Hyka fit in on the 2nd line? Is Tatar a better fit with the 3rd? I was a little surprised to see him in that spot.
I think it is trying to get Tatar comfortable playing where they expect him to play after Neal is back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad