GDT: Game 65: Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens 2/25/20 7:00pm EST SNP, TSN2, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
EFPjRmI.jpg

lowDM79.jpg

y65XUqD.jpg

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Toronto in TB tonight. Habs could cut the gap in the playoff race to 4 points...

unfortunately for them he math isn't in their favour. Even if the Leafs fall on their face again, still have to include Florida losing too (and they have 2 games on the habs).

Catching Florida is more important IMO, since the Habs should have tiebreakers over Leafs

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
unfortunately for them he math isn't in their favour. Even if the Leafs fall on their face again, still have to include Florida losing too (and they have 2 games on the habs).

Catching Florida is more important IMO, since the Habs should have tiebreakers over Leafs

Yes, lots of things need to happen for the Habs to make the playoffs. It's very unlikely.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Yes, lots of things need to happen for the Habs to make the playoffs. It's very unlikely.
Yeah, but the longer they stay in reach, the longer interest remains, otherwise, it becomes really depressing. To tell you the truth, I lost hope when they lost to the Wings on home opener. If they couldn't manage a win then, how the hell will they manage the rest of the season?

Reactions: Tuggy

Jul 6, 2016
I dunno how the team will react tonight with three regular - and liked - players gone. The team received nothing tangible in return. I would say, the players will feel the void in the room and on the ice. Kovy and Thompson were two respected veteran leaders, and Cousins was a fair 4th liner who was working his best. Habs lost size, grit and talent(Kovy) in the process.

How hard would it had been to trade Drouin or Domi for a top-four d-man ?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Toronto in TB tonight. Habs could cut the gap in the playoff race to 4 points...

Playoffs seem like a long stretch but man if we make it... what a roller coaster year. Doubt it happens but that 3rd spot is wide open where nobody wants to take it and run with it.

18 games left. Honestly, I rather see the Leafs get in and get destroyed by either the Lightning or Bruins.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I dunno how the team will react tonight with three regular - and liked - players gone. The team received nothing tangible in return. I would say, the players will feel the void in the room and on the ice. Kovy and Thompson were two respected leaders, and Cousins was a fair 4th liner who was working his best.

I think the players are fine with it.... The core still is there. If anything, hope they play with less pressure and enjoy their lives for the last 18 games.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
"The core" ! What a joke of a core !

Disagree on that. The joke is the flaws, holes, and players who are not in their prime yet. The core is decent but improvements required.

I'd be looking into Getzlaf at the draft. He has a NMC and says he wants to stay but he has one more year left in term and I do believe he considers joining Price and Weber for one year. Some will laugh at this but those are the same people who will criticize for not taking a direction

Jul 6, 2016
Disagree on that. The joke is the flaws, holes, and players who are not in their prime yet. The core is decent but improvements required.

Look at Washington. You will see the meaning of a core.

I like Danault, but when a guy like this is your #1 centerman, you are in deep shit. Tatar and Gally are fair second line wingers, at best, on most NHL teams. Drouin is afraid of his shadow. Domi is a hen without head. Armia is a third line winger. Suzuki is still very young. You cannot put too much on his plate.

Reactions: Roadhouse

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The core: look at the built of really talented guys, size and skills. Habs have none of that.

Your twisting what I said. I said the players are fine with the moves cause the core is still there. You are making fun of the core as a side angle. Your not arguing against me, you are insulting the players

Jul 6, 2016
Your twisting what I said. I said the players are fine with the moves cause the core is still there. You are making fun of the core as a side angle. Your not arguing against me, you are insulting the players

The Habs core is weak. If you cannot see that, I dunno what to tell you more.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The Habs core is weak. If you cannot see that, I dunno what to tell you more.

What does that have to do with what the players think about the moves made yesterday and how they are feeling about it? I repeat, you are making a side angle conversation

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Have there been any roster moves other than calling up Evans in the wake of yesterday's trades?

In other words, do we have any players sitting in the press box at the moment? I just hope they leave our prospects (KK and Poehling specifically) alone for the rest of the year and not call them up just to fill a roster spot.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl

I'd be looking into Getzlaf at the draft. He has a NMC and says he wants to stay but he has one more year left in term and I do believe he considers joining Price and Weber for one year. Some will laugh at this but those are the same people who will criticize for not taking a direction

"our core is strong and we will keep it"

okay, so what is our core ? Gallagher,Weber,Price,Suzuki ? 1W,1C,1D,1G
if this is your core, do you feel confident that this "core" can win us a cup next year ? cause that is what Berg insinuated yesterday.

From my part, we are farm far away from contention with this core, it's completing baffling me that this Organisation think that this core is a cup winning core, it's mind blowing.

IN his mind, this core can fight for a playoff spot, but not win it. This is enough for the management, 1 round exit strategy for 1-3 years is enough ?
what in 2-3 years after Petry, Weber, Price are out ? what will happen then ? Bergevin will leave this team to rot for 10+ years.

I'm Bleeding red and I think the french history of the team is amazing and vital, but I'm getting fed up with this management destroying this historical organisation. Keep in mind that the Habs during Maurice Richard Era were A POLITICAL STANCE and they were vital for the province revolution, crazy how far we are now.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
All I know is that we win 3 games, FLO and TOR loses 3 and we're in ... That's far from impossible.

Why do I always put my hopes in something where I know i'll get hurt.

Easy to predict the negative outcomes and I call that cheap talk. Saying we will have a shot at the playoffs is sticking your neck out for sure. If you were to make a bet with someone, the odds should be 10-1. $100 bucks to the guy who thinks we will make it and $10 bucks to the one who says we won't. The ones who say we won't need to chill IMO. We all understand the probability

No ReGretzkys

May 8, 2018

The league is getting younger... and you want us get older? Getzlaf, Price, Weber is a dream team but... we're in 2020 not 2009

Trade them all while they still have a bit of value and restart

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The league is getting younger... and you want us get older? Getzlaf, Price, Weber is a dream team but... we're in 2020 not 2009

Trade them all while they still have a bit of value and restart

Nah... I want to make some moves to go all in for the short term but not drastically trade futures. It's possible. Using Domi and our 1st (6-10 range maybe) is certainly a package that could return Getzlaf and Lindholm. Honestly, I see good talent from 6-10 but stars or better than what we already have? Doubt that.

If I was GM, I would make moves to improve the team in the short span (Weber window) and then after that, we go with the youth. Trading Domi and our 1st is something I would consider if I felt our team was a contender in the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad