Post-Game Talk: Game 65: Preds @ Senators | 6:30 PM CST | Fox Sports TN | Road-trip Game 1

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Looked to me like he got him in the side of the head, but it wasn't really a big deal I guess.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Woo! Had a great night. Josi and Weber had a rough one. (even though I thought Josi had some really good shifts offensively). Wilson getting better on draws and you can really tell he oozes skill. Just needs some open ice to show it. Wasn't really annoyed at the 3 goal comeback considering 2 of the goals weren't really world beaters. Funny that almost 25% of the lower bowl left in the 3rd only for their team to come back to fight in OT. Fortunately the preds pulled it out. Wilson made a great play in the neutral zone to set up that rush, then Ellis and Jones finished it off. Met a few other guys there with preds jerseys (there weren't many), but we took a couple pictures and had a beer (or two or three).

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Terrible effort from Spezza on the GWG- not sure if he could have caught Seth or not, but lazy effort nonetheless...

And he was still given the #1 star.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Woo! Had a great night. Josi and Weber had a rough one. (even though I thought Josi had some really good shifts offensively). Wilson getting better on draws and you can really tell he oozes skill. Just needs some open ice to show it. Wasn't really annoyed at the 3 goal comeback considering 2 of the goals weren't really world beaters. Funny that almost 25% of the lower bowl left in the 3rd only for their team to come back to fight in OT. Fortunately the preds pulled it out. Wilson made a great play in the neutral zone to set up that rush, then Ellis and Jones finished it off. Met a few other guys there with preds jerseys (there weren't many), but we took a couple pictures and had a beer (or two or three).

Glad you got to see us win in person. They showed a few Preds fans on tv during the game.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Yeah and Wilson was who knocked Phillips off the puck. Colin Wilson. That probably won't help Phillips' case.

The sens board is just all over Phillips since they just resigned him for 2 more years. You got to credit Wilson for tying up 2 guys so Ellis was all alone with Jones coming behind him. When I saw it was Ellis and Jones on the breakaway I was confident we'd score. If it was 2 forwards we would have probably missed the net. I wish our forwards had the talent that our defenseman do.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
A poster on the main boards is saying Weber is overrated, and pointed out his -3 and single shot on goal in tonight's game to prove it.

Yeah nice sample size, boss. Stalberg singlehandedly made Weber completely overrated tonight :laugh:

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Even though it was Ryan Ellis on the breakaway I had zero confidence that he would score. I seriously can't remember the last time a Predator scored on a breakaway. I don't even get excited when someone gets a breakaway. Thankfully Jones was left all alone to tap in the rebound.

This team has no killer instinct. Why they can't just put a team away I will never understand. Yeah Ottawa started playing a little harder, but if the Preds had played the third like they did the first 2 periods and not backed off then they would not have even let Ottawa get those chances and shots.

Not that I want to see anyone get injured, but it was nice to see Weber hit someone on the other team instead of our own players.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
A poster on the main boards is saying Weber is overrated, and pointed out his -3 and single shot on goal in tonight's game to prove it.

Yeah nice sample size, boss. Stalberg singlehandedly made Weber completely overrated tonight :laugh:
A Norris trophy winning defenceman was on the ice for 4 Predators' goals tonight and he gave zero effort on the OT winner

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
The sens board is just all over Phillips since they just resigned him for 2 more years. You got to credit Wilson for tying up 2 guys so Ellis was all alone with Jones coming behind him. When I saw it was Ellis and Jones on the breakaway I was confident we'd score. If it was 2 forwards we would have probably missed the net. I wish our forwards had the talent that our defenseman do.

Sad isn't it. Good thing Ellis has got practice in the shootouts. He was ready like a straight up boss. He even came in calm and collected like he was in a shootout.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Happy and ticked about the win. Why did it even bother going to OT? Put teams away, something we have the inability to do. Coaching? Players? I don't know anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad