GDT: Game 65 Edmonton Oilers Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 7:30PM | National Tell a Fairy Tale Day

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9

Also mentioned on broadcast that sister is still in hospital

From my understanding, Charlotte is still in a coma (I may have misinterpreted so please don't take it as gospel) But they are pretty confident she will open her eyes again, but she will still have a long road to recover and it's not likely to be a 100% recovery.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
So I was drinking throughout the game. Had it on but wasn't GDTing. Great result. Rewatching the game now.

Just felt like saying we're undefeated since trading Eakin, only adding to the positive record without him in the lineup. Great trade.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Watching the replay now, Oilers about to go on the power play again in the 1st period, they have been so close to scoring and I’m surprised they were shut out.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Watching the replay now, Oilers about to go on the power play again in the 1st period, they have been so close to scoring and I’m surprised they were shut out.
First half definitely belonged to Edmonton. I'm doing the same. Gotta start paying more attention though. Posting too much. Wanna see how Cousins is looking. I saw he scored.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018

Now I’m surprised we didn’t score in the 2nd period.

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010
They only started hating on him this season due to, well, look at them. But then they got a new coach and it turns out that it wasn't the coach's fault they're trash.
To play devils advocate, it's also easy to like a coach when it's going well, let's see when the team ends up in a real slump and see what people say. ;)

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
So I was drinking throughout the game. Had it on but wasn't GDTing. Great result. Rewatching the game now.

Just felt like saying we're undefeated since trading Eakin, only adding to the positive record without him in the lineup. Great trade.

I know. It's just not the same without him. :(

Reactions: HanSolo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
They only started hating on him this season due to, well, look at them. But then they got a new coach and it turns out that it wasn't the coach's fault they're trash.
I don't know what people were expecting with that aging roster. Probably that Hertl and Meier would become superstars. It's always going to be funny to me that one of their more homery posters, in the summer they got Karlsson no joke and all seriousness said that the Sharks that year were either going to be as good or better than the Gretzky-Kurri Oilers.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I don't know what people were expecting with that aging roster. Probably that Hertl and Meier would become superstars. It's always going to be funny to me that one of their more homery posters, in the summer they got Karlsson no joke and all seriousness said that the Sharks that year were either going to be as good or better than the Gretzky-Kurri Oilers.

Isn't the consensus that they are going to go for it again next season? I suppose they have no choice really but to try to retool and make the playoffs.

I'm upset at Tampa for giving them a 1st for nothing.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Isn't the consensus that they are going to go for it again next season? I suppose they have no choice really but to try to retool and make the playoffs.

I'm upset at Tampa for giving them a 1st for nothing.
I don't think they have enough to do a one year turnaround.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
To play devils advocate, it's also easy to like a coach when it's going well, let's see when the team ends up in a real slump and see what people say. ;)

I'll say one thing off the bat. He gives actual answers in the interviews and press conferences. You can learn something about the game watching his interviews. That was never the case with Turk.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think you're right but I can't see them going full rebuild while they have those contracts on their team.
Well sure. But there's a difference between trying and succeeding. They can pull it off but if I was a Sharks fan I wouldn't be overly confident.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad