GDT: Game 65 - CBJ at MIN - 25 Feb, 7pm

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Watched the highlights.

Lol at our second consecutive game starting like that. I get they're tired, which I would have forgave if they didn't look like they did yesterday, but two nights in a row? My god.

Two of our four goals were off goalie missplays/mistakes. We really only earned two of our goals, and I get goals are goals and it doesn't matter, but the game seemed far closer on the scoreboard than it actually was played.

Despite giving up 5 goals, I think Kiv was alright. Two goals given up in the last minute of a period, and he absolutely needs to stop the 4th goal. Bad rebound control. The first goal was unlucky and forgivable. Second goal he got lost and was slow to react to the puck, not necessarily his fault since it was a weird bounce, but you'd like your defense or goalie to bail you out there. Third goal Wasn't really his fault, as it was an unlucky bounce off the skate right to Koivu, but I again think you need your goalie to make that save. Fourth goal was really bad, by both him and the defense. Fifth goal wasn't on him, as it was horrid defense by Harrington and Stenlund while also an unlucky bounce off the linesman.

Oh yeah and we should keep Werenski.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Considering Canes lost and Isles lost in OT, this is not a critical loss

Playoffs are shot. Games in hand is at an extreme disadvantage, and of course the injuries are the biggest killer. Unless they go back to winning games 2-1 or 3-2, they're not going to win very many games down the stretch. Hell, with Carolina, Florida, CBJ, and NYI all fumbling around the Rangers are probably going to get in, even though they're rebuilding and sold at the deadline.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Considering Canes lost and Isles lost in OT, this is not a critical loss
We have played 2 more games than either of them. The race isn’t even, we’ve played more than all teams above us and only have our position on that virtue. Once things even up will we still be at that standing?

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Playoffs are shot. Games in hand is at an extreme disadvantage, and of course the injuries are the biggest killer. Unless they go back to winning games 2-1 or 3-2, they're not going to win very many games down the stretch. Hell, with Carolina, Florida, CBJ, and NYI all fumbling around the Rangers are probably going to get in, even though they're rebuilding and sold at the deadline.
It does appear that NYR is on course to sneak in

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
It does appear that NYR is on course to sneak in

Excellent top end talent, not great depth, decent defense, and good enough goaltending. They're going to be a tough first round opponent for Washington/Pitt/Tampa/Boston.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Excellent top end talent, not great depth, decent defense, and good enough goaltending. They're going to be a tough first round opponent for Washington/Pitt/Tampa/Boston.
I think their defense is absolutely bad, they allow 40+ shots nearly every game. I think Washington would take them easily

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I think their defense is absolutely bad, they allow 40+ shots nearly every game. I think Washington would take them easily

Defensively, yeah I agree with you. But the offensive firepower and top end talent of Fox, Trouba, and DeAngelo (f*** that guy btw) is pretty good. They just aren't great defenders.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
random observation:

after starting off his 2019-2020 campaign with 8 points in 13 games, Nathan Gerbe has 2 points in his last 16 games and is a -11 in that span. YOWZA.

Reactions: Fairwhether

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Is this right: five rookie forwards, two rookie defensemen, and a rookie goalie in tonight’s lineup? And they came back from 4-1 after two periods to make it a game?

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Is this right: five rookie forwards, two rookie defensemen, and a rookie goalie in tonight’s lineup? And they came back from 4-1 after two periods to make it a game?

they made it a game but ultimately lost, yes.

this time of the year, there's no 'well played' losses. a win is a win, a loss is a loss. a W is more than needed, friday in our state's capital.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
random observation:

after starting off his 2019-2020 campaign with 8 points in 13 games, Nathan Gerbe has 2 points in his last 16 games and is a -11 in that span. YOWZA.
At least he has a 2 way deal. Robinson is a 1 way deal and also deserves to be in Cleveland.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

Yeah, I think we know who this is directed at.

Many, including me, have wondered about PLD’s play lately. Porty quoted Torts as using the word “fatalistic” about PLD’s mental approach. Put it all together and it’s clear PLD doesn’t dig the all-defensive approach his ears are hearing. So as to his recent play, maybe here’s the answer.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
You know what I’m personally glad for this game. We’re done for the year so I feel comfortable canceling my Sling and saving $30 a month since I won’t need it to watch playoffs.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
The 2 way deal for Gerbe is mainly for him to help in Cleveland. He is a good influence there. Anyone who thought he was going to keep his pace when he never did in his NHL career was mistaken. He probably has the same deal Dalpe has. Never really been a big fan of Robinson.

Reactions: Fro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->