BRUINS GDT GAME 65 7:07 PM - The Classic Trap Game - THE DEVILS - NESN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Just rewound and watched it back, Devils Feed.

Vatanen is going in the same direction the whole time, pivots to skate backward, Marchand comes from behind and 2 hands him. Call it interference, call it cross checking, whichever. But unnecessary play either way. No need to 2 hand the guy in the back. Go around, or just body him straight up.

Marchand has been a lot less stupid this year than previous ones, but some stupid will still show up.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I did several times. Crosschecking is a penalty last time I checked.

It's also very discretional than most penalties. You see crease battles where crosschecks get ignored. Then they catch Grz for one in the last game.... yet ignored the Erne crosscheck on Backes, who had to take matters into his own hands. Tonight, Acciari gets crosschecked square in the numbers and into the boards with cleat line of sight with the ref and they let it go.

Here, Vats skates backwards into Marchand's space and Marchand defends himself at the last second. If they're going to let other crosschecking infractions go, i cant see why they would call this one.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
1-0, but the score was not representative of what happened on the ice. Another dominant effort and that makes me happy. I just wish I didn't sit through it because that was a boring hockey game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->