GDT: Game 64: Senators @ Coyotes - FSAZ - 6PM

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Lol, the Oilers. We're gonna smoke 'em like a bad cigar.

8 points back of the Oil with a game in hand. Tonight is our last meet up this season. Think we finish ahead of them?

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine

8 points back of the Oil with a game in hand. Tonight is our last meet up this season. Think we finish ahead of them?
Nope. They still have some kid named Connor McDavid. He’ll keep them a few points ahead at all times.
The real question is...will we pass Chicago?

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
14 points back of the Hawks. Even with 2 games in hand, that's not happening.
I actually don’t think it’s as impossible as you may think. We’re a young team, starting to really find themselves and are playing well as a whole. Chicago isn’t exactly young anymore, their gm and their coach aren’t seeing eye to eye, and with Crawford out, they’re having to rely on backups, much the same situation we were dealing with in the beginning of the season.
In the end, I don’t think we’ll be nearly as far back as we are now, say 4-6 points back.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
14 points back of the Hawks. Even with 2 games in hand, that's not happening.
Trying to do standings math in March, without calculating everything backwards is breaking my brain. I can’t stop thinking in terms of 31st place being the desired outcome. The idea of going up to 30, 29, 28, etc is too difficult a concept for me to quickly analyze and interpret posts such as yours I quoted above.

Want to know something else incredibly embarrassing and pathetic? I don’t even really know how the “new” wildcard playoff format works. We haven’t even sniffed a playoff position since it was released and I always told myself I’d bother to learn it only when it mattered. It’s never mattered.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

We are getting a bit cocky are we. It's been a fun ride, but I expect us to return reality fairly soon.

Nope. They still have some kid named Connor McDavid. He’ll keep them a few points ahead at all times.
The real question is...will we pass Chicago?

We won't catch Chicago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->